Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:56 AM

70 posts, read 129,638 times

Advertisements

I used some of the advice I read here to make a decision about contacting fence contractors and I thought I would share my experiences thus far.

The following was set up for me by my realtor so I can't speak as to their professionalism/customer service:
  • Rome Fence Co: on the expensive side for dog ear style pickets
  • Fences of Cary: pretty fair pricing for dog ear style pickets
I personally interacted with the following:
  • Carolina Custom Fences: spoke with person over the phone who was very courteous and attentive. Was told that a quote would be sent to my e-mail. Never received one.
  • [PM me for name]: rude and completely unprofessional. I immediately dismissed them. PM me for more info.
  • Harrisons: (who I chose). Filled out an online form Sunday, was called Monday (polite and proficient), person came out Tuesday. My needs were completely satisfied. Fair pricing for trim-style (which I had decided I wanted instead of dog ear)

Harrisons will start building the fence next week. I will keep this forum posted on the work that is done. I expect to have a positive experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
thanks for sharing. that is what this forum is for.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:29 PM

133 posts, read 424,795 times
I am hoping to put in a fence this fall. I appreciate your info.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:02 PM
CYB

108 posts, read 270,767 times
It hurts my feelings to hear that Carolina Custom Fences didn't send their quote to you as promised. The owner is my next door neighbor and a great friend of mine.

I think I'll bust his chops when I get home tonight. What the heck was he thinking?

Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,789,849 times
Carolina Custom Fences did a great job for me... and got me my quote quickly. It was one of the better quotes I received as well, but I chose them because the owner seemed to really know what he was doing and was friendly/courteous!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:16 AM

475 posts, read 1,574,993 times
Sagarian,

Thanks for the post. One of the first things we plan on doing is put up a fence when we close on our new house in November, and this information will be very useful. Please keep us updated on how the fence work is going.

D

Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 AM

257 posts, read 1,014,474 times
I had great service & price from Steve Jones.
I don't find his card right now, but email me if interested.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:09 PM

12 posts, read 29,195 times
Default Looking to install an ornamental aluminum fence.

Discussion seems to be on wood fences. Any recommendation on companies to install an aluminum fence.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 PM

306 posts, read 882,913 times
Rome did all the aluminum fences in our neighborhood, but they are very pricey. We wanted a wood fence and ended up going with Peak Construction of Apex.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:21 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunadesign View Post
Rome did all the aluminum fences in our neighborhood, but they are very pricey. We wanted a wood fence and ended up going with Peak Construction of Apex.
There is another "Peak" improvement company that I myself, a friend and a friend of hers would NEVER recommend though. So be careful! It has taken the friend nearly a year to get her sunroom completed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary