Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:54 AM

282 posts, read 820,691 times

Advertisements

Wow a lot of negative people here.

I'm excited, this winter/spring has been way to cold and I look forward to 90+ temperatures. I'm hoping for a really hot sunny summer which can then carry into fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 07:39 AM

18,104 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Not liking 100 degree temps w/humidity isn't being negative...it's being realistic. One is realistically limited in what they can do when temps soar past 90 degrees. Most people are *thrilled* when it's 80 degrees and sunny outside--they consider that a perfect day, esp. if there's low humidity. 90+ degrees? Most people stay inside during the hottest part of the day. That's just a fact.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 AM

225 posts, read 575,023 times
I like it personally, but it does make it difficult to walk the dog. Or at least to let the dog get the level of exercise that she really needs.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:07 AM

460 posts, read 1,274,619 times
I don't mind it so much on the weekends when I can sport shorts and no shoes...but during the work week? I feel suffocated/claustrophobic in work pants and shoes.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 AM

282 posts, read 820,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livesintriangle View Post
I like it personally, but it does make it difficult to walk the dog. Or at least to let the dog get the level of exercise that she really needs.
Swimming is great in the heat. Playing fetch with the sprinklers, some just enjoy chasing/playing with a sprinkler or hose. If nothing else walk her in the morning/evening.

I've also noticed that my dogs do not require as much exercise on really hot days, maybe they instinctively understand that they should relax when it's really hot?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:11 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Default WEATHER heating up

DARN! and I have to be in Michigan (high 67) moving our stuff...keep the iced tea cold as we will be back in Zebulon by July 15....and I sold my winter jackets!!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,623,048 times
Last year when the first 100 degree weekend hit, I nearly got heat stroke tending to my newly installed Zoysia sod.. it was installed on Friday afternoon, and we had crazy hot temps immediately after. My sod survived and so did I.. but I think this time around should be much easier. Plus now I live in a house with tons of shade - the backyard is always pretty comfortable (except for the mosquitoes).

Old 06-17-2009, 11:03 AM

55 posts, read 177,883 times
I for one am not excited about the 100 degree weather, especially since I will be in my third trimester of pregnancy! AH!

Old 06-17-2009, 01:10 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,534 times
Two ways to beat the heat in CH/Carrboro:

Two New Ways to Beat the Heat » The Mill

Old 06-17-2009, 01:31 PM

18,104 posts, read 15,683,109 times
I like to take my dog with me in the car and in the late spring - summer - late summer, unless I'm taking her someplace specific, it's not possible to run errands with her without leaving the car running, emerg. brake on, with the AC cranked up (and then manually locking the door from the outside). I've done this a few times, and I know it is wasteful on fuel, but it's the only way to manage this if she's with me in the car and I need to stop and run an errand. She really likes the car and I like having her with me. I can take her into Lowe's and a couple other places, but overall it's pretty limited, so she ends up staying home far more often in the summer.

She *loves* to go swimming, but I don't know where to take her here where the water is clean, with no ducks/geese (she's a retriever and goes nuts if she sees water fowl), etc, where it's safe, and where it's somewhat contained so she won't go wandering off. Before Schenk Forest was closed to dogs I used to take her there occasionally.

The 2 best times she ever had was swimming was in my friend's pool with my friend's then 10-yr old son, when I lived in CA, and again in CA when 15 golden retriever owners got their dogs together and the dogs all went romping/swimming at a huge state park. That was heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary