Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 01:43 PM

40 posts, read 148,574 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a place to celebrate my 4 year old boy's bday - closer to Durham ideally. Any suggestions for making our little man's big day special? We are new to the area so not too familiar. I have seen stickers of little gym on many cars but one of his friends is having his bday there this coming weekend. So, would welcome other suggestions.

Thanks
AA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 01:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,944,947 times
You could rent one of those inflatable bouncy castle things. We did one for a church event recently. Was $150 for 3 hours, with drop off, set up and removal included, and an attendant provided.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:56 PM

40 posts, read 148,574 times
Default forgot to mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
You could rent one of those inflatable bouncy castle things. We did one for a church event recently. Was $150 for 3 hours, with drop off, set up and removal included, and an attendant provided.
thanks.. tht is a wonderful idea. But we dont have a backyard of our own - we rent a townhouse. this calls for a phone call to the management...

Old 08-07-2009, 02:09 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,211 times
the museum of life and science in durham is quite popular for birthday parties (the guests get admission to the museum for the day),

one of the bouncy places, like monkey joes, jumpin beans, etc

Leigh

Old 08-07-2009, 03:14 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,734,487 times
have a few friends over and plan some small activities at home. No need for anything fancy, especially @ 4.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:36 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
Our son turned 4 yesterday. We're inviting the kids in the neighborhood over for ice cream and cake. We'll also set out the kiddie-pool, sprinkler, and have a bucket of water balloons on hand.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,100,766 times
Default What a concept!

THAT's how to celebrate a 4-year-old's birthday! (It's hard to do without a yard, though, I'll admit.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Our son turned 4 yesterday. We're inviting the kids in the neighborhood over for ice cream and cake. We'll also set out the kiddie-pool, sprinkler, and have a bucket of water balloons on hand.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:30 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,100,766 times
I took my grandson to his 9-year-old friend's birthday party today at Lee Brothers Tae Kwon Do school in Raleigh. They had a GREAT time. The kids loved it. They were there 2:30 to 4, and did a lot of martial arts activities, had cake, and opened presents. It was a huge hit. Tae Kwon Do-Martial Arts,Raleigh NC Lee Brothers

Maybe there is something like that in Durham?

Old 08-09-2009, 08:01 AM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,344,350 times
There are reasons why having something at home might not work. Last year my son's 3rd b-day was very close to the due date of my daughter. Turns out, when his party was scheduled I was two weeks post-partum. Needless to say, having the the party at Planet Child and picking up the cake from Harris Teeter across the street was the way to go. That isn't too close to Durham, though. It was more expensive for sure but having something at home would have been impossible. Plus I got to invite 25 kids with parents so I got to ask people from work to bring there kids, in addition to the kids from school. If it were at home, I never would have been able to accomodate 25 kids plus parents in our small home (given that it was winter so the yard was not an option). Even though we spent a lot, there were a lot of kids and families that enjoyed it. Oh, and buying coffee from Caribou for the adults was a huge hit!

Anyway, I wanted to mention when I was looking into options ourselves, I saw there was a farm you could go to for parties, it was located near Durham. And you could bring your own food to have at picnic tables. We opted against this since it was November and it was on the more expesnive side but if you are having fewer kids it may work.

Ganyard Hill Farm: Old-fashioned fun in Durham, NC

Please note, I never have actually bee there!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 AM

15 posts, read 40,421 times
BounceU are way cool. It is rooms filled with those blow-up slides and jumpers. I know there is one in Apex and I am sure there is one around durham
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary