Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 04:02 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperwx View Post
Unbelievable, THIRTY-THREE NASCAR plates!
But no North Carolina Earnhardt tags.

Apparently, one has to live in some other state for those.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/graphics/nascar/dale_earnhardt.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 04:32 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
wow, when I registered back in January...they didn't even offer any choices to me...it's never too late to change...maybe I will get a custom plate "nynraleigh" lol thanks for the information
You would be limited to 8 spaces....and to be honest....it's not a great way to fit into your new location to have to claim where you came from.

I see all sorts of NY, NJ or CA vanity tags out there.....and just shake my head.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:24 PM

191 posts, read 236,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
You would be limited to 8 spaces....and to be honest....it's not a great way to fit into your new location to have to claim where you came from.

I see all sorts of NY, NJ or CA vanity tags out there.....and just shake my head.

LOL! So true.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:32 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,949,662 times
Quote:

good point, but you should never forget where you came from...I will have to think of something more creative...

Old 04-27-2007, 07:03 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
I like the "Animal Lover" plate. I see quite a few of those. Now if they only offered a "Pug Lover" license plate....

Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
good point, but you should never forget where you came from...I will have to think of something more creative...
No, you shouldn't....but with all the transplants down here....it's just really rude. I've only been down here three years and I am sick to death of people telling me how great it was where they were at....especially New Yorkers and Californians and how NC isn't where they left. Well, no kidding it's not the same! Every place has great things about it....I could go on about my islands in Lake Erie....but NC is where I am at....and am loving every second of it for what NC is....not for what it isn't.

For some reason they (in general, not everyone from those places) have hardest time, and make the least effort, to embrace North Carolina for what it is.

Do something creative that tells something about you as a person, points out an interest, is a family joke....something one could start a converstaion about.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:27 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
I saw a plate recently that said NY2NC. I thought it was cute! I just smiled.
Vicki

Old 04-27-2007, 07:31 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
No, you shouldn't....but with all the transplants down here....it's just really rude. I've only been down here three years and I am sick to death of people telling me how great it was where they were at....especially New Yorkers and Californians and how NC isn't where they left. Well, no kidding it's not the same! Every place has great things about it....I could go on about my islands in Lake Erie....but NC is where I am at....and am loving every second of it for what NC is....not for what it isn't.

For some reason they (in general, not everyone from those places) have hardest time, and make the least effort, to embrace North Carolina for what it is.

Do something creative that tells something about you as a person, points out an interest, is a family joke....something one could start a converstaion about.
Mine says "BY*HOME"...is that ok?
If it makes you sick...I'll be the one wearing the t shirt that says "you are not the boss of me", which was given to me by my redneck hubby!
Now...are y'all having fun...YET?
Vicki
Vicki

Old 04-27-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Mine says "BY*HOME"...is that ok?
If it makes you sick...I'll be the one wearing the t shirt that says "you are not the boss of me", which was given to me by my redneck hubby!
Now...are y'all having fun...YET?
Vicki
Vicki
I would figure you were a real estate agent.

I am not being anyone 'boss'....or forbidding them from doing anything....what I am doing is saying that plates like ONLY NY or CAISHOME are rude. You are free to disagree with that. (And yes, I've seen both of them.)

If you and your husband want to call each other pet names, that is fine, but let someone from the North call a new co-worker a 'redneck' and see how many hugs and kisses that gets them.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:23 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,658 times
Default lol! not british meaning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Can someone tell me what "shaggin" means in NC? I only know the British meaning.

Is a NC dance, You guys are too funny! Maybe we should tell the DMV the British meaning,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary