Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 AM

513 posts, read 1,607,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
Glad you had a good experience with them - I certainly didn't

oye..i bought second hand

Old 12-09-2009, 09:10 PM

330 posts, read 986,737 times
I just heard of someone who has a contract with Impact Design Builders to dig a well on their lot -- and they are six months late in doing it. They are going to have to sue them for breach of contract.

Sounds like Impact Design is going belly up from all the stories I am hearing.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazers View Post
I just heard of someone who has a contract with Impact Design Builders to dig a well on their lot -- and they are six months late in doing it. They are going to have to sue them for breach of contract.

Sounds like Impact Design is going belly up from all the stories I am hearing.
they just finished a $1.2 mill presale in Highcroft Village and are starting 2 others. I think they are fine but are concentrating on the money makers right now.

most contractors agreed to do jobs that they normally wouldnt do when things went south.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:16 AM

330 posts, read 986,737 times
Doesn't speak well for their integrity.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:59 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,824,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshallen View Post
they just finished a $1.2 mill presale in Highcroft Village and are starting 2 others. I think they are fine but are concentrating on the money makers right now.

most contractors agreed to do jobs that they normally wouldnt do when things went south.
$1.2 million in Highcroft Village? Who's the Coma Patient that bought THAT house???

The most expensive home to close in COPPERLEAF to date was $1,212,000.

If that number is correct than P.T. Barnum was right.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 AM

44 posts, read 96,449 times
Default Impact is fine

It's the nature of the economy. A lot of local developers/builders went belly-up and those that stayed around can't get loans from banks as they are too interested in spending their cash on acquiring new banks as opposed to giving out loans. Impact is privately funded and has no bank debt. They are not on the verge of going under and are better off than most developers in the area. The economy is slow. Sales are slow. Response times are slow.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:47 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,302,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgroesse View Post
It's the nature of the economy. A lot of local developers/builders went belly-up and those that stayed around can't get loans from banks as they are too interested in spending their cash on acquiring new banks as opposed to giving out loans. Impact is privately funded and has no bank debt. They are not on the verge of going under and are better off than most developers in the area. The economy is slow. Sales are slow. Response times are slow.
With the economy being slow and their sales being slow, I would think their response time would be FAST?

Vicki

Old 12-10-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
$1.2 million in Highcroft Village? Who's the Coma Patient that bought THAT house???

The most expensive home to close in COPPERLEAF to date was $1,212,000.

If that number is correct than P.T. Barnum was right.
same size lot as copperleaf and just as nice. there is an "estate" section in the back with larger lots. i guess they wanted the school district but anyone with that much cheese can pay for private school

Pkg Sale Date 11/17/2009
Pkg Sale Price $1,109,000

Old 12-10-2009, 05:08 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,824,276 times
Quote:
same size lot as copperleaf and just as nice. there is an "estate" section in the back with larger lots. i guess they wanted the school district but anyone with that much cheese can pay for private school

Pkg Sale Date 11/17/2009
Pkg Sale Price $1,109,000
I just looked it up.

I'm speechless (for once).

At $148 per square foot (neighborhood average) that house needs to be 7500 square feet or it had better be made of solid gold.

And the punchline-the buyer put a whopping 10% down.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:35 PM

476 posts, read 1,680,315 times
Default Wow & wow!

Quote:
Ha-Ha, that is a good one... . If there is one thing anyone has learned from this forum is that you cannot count on the school assignments remaining the same - even within a neighborhood. There are no guarantees there.

The lot might very well be nice, but Copperleaf has comparably priced sales to support its success. The LOWEST priced house in there is above $650 and the AVERAGE is probably around $800K, maybe even a bit higher. Inventory shows more than 10 in current inventory between $740K - to over $1M.

Highcroft Village only has a couple of homes over $550K, the average in there (granted not in the "Estates") is probably closer to $450K. Their website shows 10 homes listed from $375K - $499K.

Hope the new buyers plan to stay for a good long time. I have always heard that you do not want to be the hgihest priced home in a neighborhood, and at nearly twice the average priced home in there, resale could be brutal. I don't want to be negative, just seems extremely high for that location. It is a beautiful neighborhood, and I wish them well. The neighbors should adore them... they certainly stand to increase the comp value for everyone in that zipcode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
With the economy being slow and their sales being slow, I would think their response time would be FAST?

Vicki
And... I agree with Vicki on contractor standards & response time- If ever there was a time to step up - this is it! "It's Show Time!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary