Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM

441 posts, read 1,293,311 times

Advertisements

Check with the town you live in, from what I have been told the builder must post a bond with the town to complete roads, etc. The town will hold the bond until work is complete if not the town will use the bond money to have the work done. Look into this.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 PM

184 posts, read 802,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I just looked it up.

I'm speechless (for once).

At $148 per square foot (neighborhood average) that house needs to be 7500 square feet or it had better be made of solid gold.

And the punchline-the buyer put a whopping 10% down.
Funky, How did you determine the percentage down? Is that information on WakeGov.com?

Old 12-11-2009, 05:42 AM

513 posts, read 1,606,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks2007 View Post
Ha-Ha, that is a good one... . If there is one thing anyone has learned from this forum is that you cannot count on the school assignments remaining the same - even within a neighborhood. There are no guarantees there.

The lot might very well be nice, but Copperleaf has comparably priced sales to support its success. The LOWEST priced house in there is above $650 and the AVERAGE is probably around $800K, maybe even a bit higher. Inventory shows more than 10 in current inventory between $740K - to over $1M.

Highcroft Village only has a couple of homes over $550K, the average in there (granted not in the "Estates") is probably closer to $450K. Their website shows 10 homes listed from $375K - $499K.

Hope the new buyers plan to stay for a good long time. I have always heard that you do not want to be the hgihest priced home in a neighborhood, and at nearly twice the average priced home in there, resale could be brutal. I don't want to be negative, just seems extremely high for that location. It is a beautiful neighborhood, and I wish them well. The neighbors should adore them... they certainly stand to increase the comp value for everyone in that zipcode.

And... I agree with Vicki on contractor standards & response time- If ever there was a time to step up - this is it! "It's Show Time!"
The houses in the "estate" section are all over $725k with the exception of one. There are only 4 but impact is starting another presale with another 2 lost presold. You should give some consideration for lot size but in a mixed neighborhood most banks do not (ie:highcroft and cameron pond). The house is just as nice as anything in copperleaf and therefore priced similarly.

I agree that they were not thinking straight when they paid that much but they got what they wanted.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:35 AM

330 posts, read 986,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchz1 View Post
Check with the town you live in, from what I have been told the builder must post a bond with the town to complete roads, etc. The town will hold the bond until work is complete if not the town will use the bond money to have the work done. Look into this.

Impact Design did post a bond as they had to do in order to begin the project. But it might not be enough to cover the work they have not completed.

Does anyone have contacts for 5 on Your Side or any of those programs that nail companies like this that try to get out of their contractual obligations and screw their clients?

Old 02-20-2010, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,015 times
I am not sure who you are BAZERS but your information is totally inaccurate. This is Colen Davidson of Impact and if you would like to call me persoanlly my office number is 919-463-9940x104. I will take your call and I will be happy to give you the correct information so you can correct your post.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,851,689 times
As the Terms of Service state:

Quote:
This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.
A complaint has been made here, and the company has offered contact information for possible resolution. So, with that, I'm closing this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary