Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM

10 posts, read 19,303 times

Advertisements

I recently bought a house in Wakefield plantation. I have 2yr old son. We did plan to send him to a church affiliated preschool 2-3 days in a week(that would be in our budget too). I know most of schools registrations are already over. Wondering, if you guys can help me to identify some of these pre schools where their curriculum consists more child activity . Would highly appreciate your help in advance for this matter.

-Neelsan

Last edited by neelsan; 03-31-2010 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: small text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 05:55 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
most of the preschools in the area are church based, and you are correct in that the registration is long past. I believe, most of the preschools start for kids age 3, although some have a parents morning out program as well

The ones I know about:

Wake Forest Presbyterian
Hope Lutheran
St. Johns
Wake Forest Baptist Seminary
St. Catherine's of Siena
YMCA

Leigh

Old 04-01-2010, 05:56 AM

Thanks Leigh. Appreciate your response.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:43 PM

21 posts, read 60,298 times
I was in your predicament last year at this time and I found a wonderful place for my then 2-year old son. This place is not directly in Wakefield but it's definitely not far. I can guarantee you that it will be worth the short drive!

It is a church preschool called Preschool at the Creek (Richland Creek Community Church). From the moment that I walked in the place, I knew this was the right one for my son. They have an incredible "hands-on" curriculum and most of the teachers are....certified!!!! You will not find this at most (if any) other preschools. All of the teachers are also Moms and that makes a huge difference as well. They are loving, caring and nurturing. My son's teacher, Miss Anna, is a mother of 3 and has worked with 2-year-olds for 12 years!!! And, no she isn't bald! She just loves it and you can tell. I've never met a person like her....everything you'd want your child's teacher to be, she's it!!
Preschool At The Creek

The first month's tuition is free (which is fabulous!) and it is very reasonably priced.

They are having an Easter Egg Hunt and Festival on Saturday at 10am. Everything is free...including food and drinks (again, awesome!). The will have a moon bounce, games specially for preschoolers and a separate area for the older kids (which I happen to love), and many other activites. You should check it out!

Again, I (obviously) can't say enough good things about it. If you have other questions, let me know. I'd be happy to help. I know what a difficult decision this is for you!

Old 04-02-2010, 08:33 AM

86 posts, read 142,671 times
Do you really have a budget you need to keep to since you live in Wakefield Plantation?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:50 AM

Thanks tarheel.girl6 for valuable information.

g978, budget, since my wife is homemaker. I am planning to restrict somewhere $200-$250 for part time. This morning I went one of private preschool. Everything looks nice but it will cost me more.

Since this is my first child and I moved recently in Wakefield plantation. Do you guys rank these preschools? Wondering, if we can get one slot for each above school mentioned. Where should I get him admitted? Any advice. So far location, Hope Lutheran will be the closed one.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:44 AM

35 posts, read 111,459 times
Did you find a school as of yet? I have neighbors who have sent their kids to Montessori of Wake Forest. Not a faith based school, but very hands on as are all Montessori's. You said part-time, what does that mean exactly?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 PM

20 posts, read 92,649 times
Bridges and beyond is over by Wakefield. Take Capital north. It's relatively cheap as compared to others.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:02 AM

cherryweb: Yes, I did. Submitted form in St. Johns. Hope it turns to be good for my son. Heard about Montessori of Wake Forest, but till then I did already submitted form/registration fees. So I thought will try this. Part time, I was looking for 3hrs for 3 days, since my wife is home maker.

Chunkylover, thanks for info. Will give a thought for future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary