Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:43 AM

959 posts, read 4,492,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel99 View Post
Count me out. Any one of you could be an axe murderer.
You are way too paranoid. Noone was the least bit alarmed when I brought an axe to the last meetup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 08:46 AM

217 posts, read 799,941 times
Quote:

PLEASE!!! An axe is soooo messy....that is so old school...now a days all the cool ones are using lasers..lol

Old 06-15-2007, 08:55 AM

164 posts, read 690,269 times
Quote:
Well, anyone you meet outside of a computer can be a murderer so are you going to hide inside away from the world for the rest of your life? Think if you really know your friends or co workers that are friends or better yet, the ones who are not your friends.lol..Well, I am not worried about that. I met my fiance through computer and I am still alive..lol. well, I cant wait to meet up with all of you.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:22 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Angel, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your father. Having that happen so soon after your move must be very difficult. My heart goes out to you, dear.

As for the meet-up, I certainly hope I can make it this time! But if we're meeting in July & August, it will have to be someplace air conditioned or I'll pass out from the heat!

Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 AM

306 posts, read 1,192,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_038 View Post
I am definitely in for this meet up. As some know, I was suppose to be at the other meet up but could not because my dad was sick but to inform you of what happend, My father did not make it and passed away May 25th. He went through alot and he is in peace now. I really need to get out and meet people so please inform me of when and where. Thanks. Kim
I am so sorry about your dad, Kim. How are you doing? I lost my mom in 88 after a two year long bought with cancer. I thought I would be prepared for it when it happended, no way. If you need to talk, I am here for you, PM me or email me anytime. Take care of yourself, ok?

Char

Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 AM

217 posts, read 799,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_038 View Post
I am definitely in for this meet up. As some know, I was suppose to be at the other meet up but could not because my dad was sick but to inform you of what happend, My father did not make it and passed away May 25th. He went through alot and he is in peace now. I really need to get out and meet people so please inform me of when and where. Thanks. Kim

I too am sorry to hear about your dad. My mother passed away in 95 from Cancer. Nothing can prepare you for it and I wish nobody ever had to go thru something like losing a loved one.

Terri

Old 06-15-2007, 01:54 PM

Thank you all for your warm thoughts. It is difficult and was to be further away from family, especially when it happened and while he was ill. I am doing ok. Still hard and I know it wont ever change how hard it is to lose a loved one because I have lost a sister as well 13 yrs ago in May too. But I know they both would want me to live life to its fullest and they would want me to be happy. Anyways, thank you so much for your thoughts and words. Char, I will chat with you anytime. Feel free as well to IM me too. Going to drag racing in orangeburg tomorrow with fiance. Not much into it but going so he dont drive alone. Anyways, have a good weekend and ty again. Kim

Old 06-15-2007, 04:09 PM

65 posts, read 267,055 times
I would like to join a meet up too, I will be mving to Raleigh next week and don't know anyone there. Sorry to hear about your loss angel.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Ty Moni007. Appreciate it. Welcome to NC and hope to meet

Old 06-15-2007, 04:42 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Okay ... you're old fashioned. But that's okay. Nobody says you have to come.

Angel, I also met my husband on-line! And my last landlord met her husband on-line. And some of my other friends have met their spouses on-line, too. It's much more common now than it was just 5 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary