Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 04:49 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times

Advertisements

Since referrals are everything for an agent I would think a simple thank you card with a note explaining how happy you were and that you will be sure to refer any business their way would be the best gift any agent could receive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 06:51 AM

131 posts, read 453,844 times
Thank you all for your suggestions!

Old 12-20-2013, 08:07 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Prairiegirl View Post
yeah...think we are already doing that!
Thats my point. If she is already making $3,000 from you, why give her more?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:17 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Thats my point. If she is already making $3,000 from you, why give her more?
While I happen to agree that there should be no expectation of a gift from the client, I don't have a problem with someone giving a gift because they WANT to. In this case, the OP is very appreciative of, and appears to like, her agent, and so wants to, out of the goodness of her heart, get that agent a gift. You seem to have a problem with that, and are trying to convince the OP to NOT give this agent a gift, though she has told you very clearly why she wants to do so. Why?

Old 12-20-2013, 09:48 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
You seem to have a problem with that, and are trying to convince the OP to NOT give this agent a gift, though she has told you very clearly why she wants to do so. Why?
Because I can. It's the internet.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:30 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
Honestly, ANYTHING that acknowledges their hard work and your appreciation is welcome! Starbucks, gift cards, flowers, etc. are all nice -- but the BEST thing is referrals and a sincere thank-you that s/he can use in their marketing as a testimonial.

Go on Trulia and Zillow and any other website that allows you to post reviews and tell everyone how fantastic your agent is! Send her a copy :-) Write her a note expressing your appreciation, perhaps mentioning one or two things that she did that you thought was outstanding. Ask for a few of her business cards to share with friends.

She'll appreciate ANYTHING!

Old 12-20-2013, 02:07 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
The best gift you can give a real estate agent is a referral. Personally, I'm quite happy to receive any kind of acknowledgement what so ever that my client appreciated my work. I'm overjoyed when I get a simple thank you note, but it's always nice to get a gift certificate/card for gas, Starbucks, or to a local restaurant.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Because I can. It's the internet.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
While I happen to agree that there should be no expectation of a gift from the client, I don't have a problem with someone giving a gift because they WANT to. In this case, the OP is very appreciative of, and appears to like, her agent, and so wants to, out of the goodness of her heart, get that agent a gift. You seem to have a problem with that, and are trying to convince the OP to NOT give this agent a gift, though she has told you very clearly why she wants to do so. Why?
It gives me a great satisfaction to let others know when they have done something that makes my life easier! I don't think that is a given anymore, and I like to show my appreciation. I realize that she is getting paid for her work through the commission she is making, but I like to do more...and so I think coffee or a gas card would be something that would show that appreciation and not be over the top.
Thank you again for all your suggestions!

Old 12-20-2013, 04:15 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Do you know what she likes? A bottle of wine is great for wine lovers. A gift card for a favorite restaurant for foodies. A gift card to a local nursery for an avid gardener.

Then leave your agent a really nice review on Zillow and Trulia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals