Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:04 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
In my opinion nicest beach in NC...
Myself, I'm kind of a Hatteras Island sort of feller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 03:06 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,311 times
Hello Jk,

This has been a very interesting exercise to say the least. As you are aware I listed my home on Zillow on April 7th as a FSBO and we have had 16 Realtors call that they had serious buyers so they would like to come over and "Preview" the home for the buyers. So the wife and i make sure the house looks its best and every one of the Realtors after viewing all the rooms and basement they all said house was in great shape and we live on one of the prettiest blocks in our town. Than the fun begins, they all start the conversation saying they are suprised it hasn't sold yet and they give me their sales pitch to list the home with them. When i remind them that i am not listing at this time as i told them on the phone prior to the appointment they still try to get us to list. Not one of the 16 Realtors, who all had serious buyers but low inventory of homes for sale in my town, brought one potential buyer to our house. So last weekend #16 Realtor showed up with her Broker and we seemed to hit it off pretty good and conversation was flowing so i figured what the heck do i have to lose so I shared with them all the visits from Realtors and no buyers and I came right out and asked why no one is bringing buyers. Basically the smirked at one another and they basically told me that Realtors will not show a buyer a FSBO unless they buyer happened to come across our home on Zillow or they saw the For Sale sign in front of our house. Basically they told me that Realtors do not like dealing "DIRECTLY" with owners.. Some owners are very difficult to deal with and they become worse if they have to go back to a owner after a inspection for additional money for repairs. They also said that in most cases a Realtor representing a buyer usually has to do work for the seller as well being they are novices and they don't like to do work and not get paid by Seller for assisting the Seller on the sale. They were pretty honest on their explanation and to be honest it is the only logical reason why the 15 Realtors who viewed the house but didn't get the listing decided not to bring any potential buyers...

We have a couple coming by themselves tonight at 6 pm and another couple drove by this afternoon when i was doing the grass. After this weekend we will probably break down and give the listing to #16 as they were they only ones who were honest with us. Was going to spend the 375.00 to get it listed on MLS but if Realtors won't show it unless their buyer tells them the want to see my house it looks like a waste of $375.00.

Thank god when we move it will be our last house as i am sick of the games.

Wish us luck.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:23 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
I'm truly sorry it didn't work out for you as you hoped, Biscman. But I can't say I'm surprised.

After one short but ridiculous experience with a FSBO seller, I refused to look at them again when I was a buyer. What those realtor's are describing is probably accurate. But perhaps more important is that buyers don't know your house is for sale. They aren't looking on Zillow. But that discussion has already been beat up enough on this thread.

I do hope you check this Realtor out more carefully - you're first impression may be accurate, or maybe not. Frankly, you want the best agent to get your house sold for the best possible price. Liking them isn't always necessary to reach that goal.

Be prepared that any reputable Realtor is going to tell you that zestimate you've been relying on is crappola. A GOOD Realtor will give you comps of sold properties to justify the list price they suggest. And I'd guess it's going to be considerably below that list price you used on Zillow

Keep us informed. It's been interesting and educational to follow along. My fingers are crossed for you! (PS: Itonically. our original target for retirement was Wilmington or St James Plantation. After a 48 hour visit, we quickly realized they didn't suit our preferences or lifestyles, but they are lovely areas. So we drove to Raleigh and have been very happy here )

Old 05-16-2015, 11:48 AM

Thanks, it didn't cost me anything to try to sell on my own. Showing went wello with couple last night so will see where this goes. I did a lot of research on the Realtor and she is #1 in her office of sales closings of 135 Agents.
She sold 58 homes in 2014 and 21 year to date. I agree on Zillow and have erased them from my mind.

Thanks for the note and will keep you posted. Still getting calls today from Realtors who want to "PREVIEW" the house.

Priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm truly sorry it didn't work out for you as you hoped, Biscman. But I can't say I'm surprised.

After one short but ridiculous experience with a FSBO seller, I refused to look at them again when I was a buyer. What those realtor's are describing is probably accurate. But perhaps more important is that buyers don't know your house is for sale. They aren't looking on Zillow. But that discussion has already been beat up enough on this thread.

I do hope you check this Realtor out more carefully - you're first impression may be accurate, or maybe not. Frankly, you want the best agent to get your house sold for the best possible price. Liking them isn't always necessary to reach that goal.

Be prepared that any reputable Realtor is going to tell you that zestimate you've been relying on is crappola. A GOOD Realtor will give you comps of sold properties to justify the list price they suggest. And I'd guess it's going to be considerably below that list price you used on Zillow

Keep us informed. It's been interesting and educational to follow along. My fingers are crossed for you! (PS: Itonically. our original target for retirement was Wilmington or St James Plantation. After a 48 hour visit, we quickly realized they didn't suit our preferences or lifestyles, but they are lovely areas. So we drove to Raleigh and have been very happy here )

Old 05-19-2015, 03:06 PM

SOLD!!!!!

No buyer agent and no seller agent........

Old 05-19-2015, 06:59 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,062 times
Congrats! Yeah, I clicked on your listing today and noticed that it's off market. Good to hear. Hope your closing goes smoothly.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:04 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
SOLD!!!!!

No buyer agent and no seller agent........
It's not sold yet. It's under contract. I wish you the best in getting it to closing!

If anyone else calls about it, you might want to let them see it. No harm in getting another offer. Even if you just keep it as a backup.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:10 AM

Good suggestion. My lawyer recommended the same thing.

Thanks

Old 05-21-2015, 04:09 PM

Thanks, should be interesting.

Buyer is a Environmental attorney, he has one of his co-attorneys who deals with Real Estate Transactions handling his end, I have my attorney handling my end, same one as I used when I bought my home here in NJ.

3 out of 4 key players are attorneys.

Should start a pool to see how many back and forth changes we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Congrats! Yeah, I clicked on your listing today and noticed that it's off market. Good to hear. Hope your closing goes smoothly.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:18 PM

I open up this question to the group for guidance as I do not have a Real Estate agent for the contract sale of my home, it is a FSBO and the buyer did not have a Agent.

Here goes:

sort of a unique situation where we, the seller, crafted the purchase contract for the sale of my home instead of the Sellers attorney. I just reviewed the contract my attorney wrote up and looks fine and captures all the specifics of the agreement I have with the buyers. Contract will be sent to buyers attorney this evening. The buyers house closes on June 24th and I put in the contract I would like the closing of my home to be July 22nd.

My question has to do with considering the stage of the process when should we start our house purchase process down NC as that is where we will be moving? Obviously it will be a contingency but do you feel we are at the proper phase of the process to start our home search in person and if we find the right home put a contract on the house?

Appreciate your thoughts.

This is when I wish I had a Realtor for questions like this....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals