Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:22 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post

Any other recommendations at this point? Thanks again for your help
It already took you nearly a month to talk with the managing broker, and then you didn't do any of the other suggestions like request a new agent be assigned or to release your listing so you can find another agent, so what other recommendations are you looking for?

Apparently it isn't bothering you that much or you would have called 4 weeks ago. How did you know there was an open house if there was no communication? Possibly your dad told you... but, how was the open house day and time arranged if there was no communication?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 04:34 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
is the house priced at the amount that she suggested?

was the second offer that you didn't hear about for 20 days in writing? Had you told her "we won't even consider an offer below $X" ... sounds like you acknowledge that you had.

I cannot imagine the broker-in-charge shut your conversation down after 2 minutes, did they? Or did you get frustrated with their lack of empathy?

Old 08-02-2016, 07:04 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
It already took you nearly a month to talk with the managing broker, and then you didn't do any of the other suggestions like request a new agent be assigned or to release your listing so you can find another agent, so what other recommendations are you looking for?

Apparently it isn't bothering you that much or you would have called 4 weeks ago. How did you know there was an open house if there was no communication? Possibly your dad told you... but, how was the open house day and time arranged if there was no communication?
We had more communication with the realtor and she didn't respond within 5 days of our stern email. I just started a new job at 60 hours a week so I wasn't able to get on it plus still having issues from being in the hospital. Sorry, I have a life here in Denver.

I knew about the open house because I'm included on the emails from her to my father. The lack of communication I am talking about is AFTER ANY showing or open house. We have no idea of how many people came through, comments, etc.

And I found out the person who contacted me wasn't the broker but the assistant office manager. She did call me back and say things should be better from this point on.

We received an email this morning from the agent and it was very angry. She basically said all the things she should have been telling us for months but was very rude about it. I will be responding accordingly and I'm pretty sure after she reads my email we will be parting ways.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:00 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
We had more communication with the realtor and she didn't respond within 5 days of our stern email. I just started a new job at 60 hours a week so I wasn't able to get on it plus still having issues from being in the hospital. Sorry, I have a life here in Denver.

I knew about the open house because I'm included on the emails from her to my father. The lack of communication I am talking about is AFTER ANY showing or open house. We have no idea of how many people came through, comments, etc.

And I found out the person who contacted me wasn't the broker but the assistant office manager. She did call me back and say things should be better from this point on.

We received an email this morning from the agent and it was very angry. She basically said all the things she should have been telling us for months but was very rude about it. I will be responding accordingly and I'm pretty sure after she reads my email we will be parting ways.
As someone pointed out above, your contract is with the broker, not the agent you have been dealing with. Pull out the contract and find the name of the broker, by law it will be on there. Call and only speak to the actual broker, not an office manager, and request another agent or to be released from the contract if the broker will not assist you.

If the broker refuses to do either and you still feel a complaint is warrented this might help:

Florida Complaint Process for Regulated Professions

Old 08-09-2016, 04:59 AM

Well it's escalated now. We had a private showing Wednesday night which was a be back from a woman who brought her husband. Never heard a word about it. I called the office manager yesterday and we got into it where she was telling me we need to be reasonable and kept trying to hang up on me and cutting me off. I'm contacting the broker today because the way I was spoken to was completely unacceptable.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:05 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
You've allowed this to drag out for months. Obviously there are some agent issues here from your side but I also don't think you're entirely reasonable. Why do you, in Denver, need to be informed prior to every single showing? It seems you almost want daily updates. You 2 simply don't communicate well and if you can't reasonably explain your communication expectations and if she can't meet them then don't work together anymore.

There are 2 sides to every story. I'm guessing the agent thinks you're a nightmare to deal with also. Perhaps you 2 should part ways for both of your sanity. I'm also guessing that you escalated and interrupted also. I wasn't there so I can't say...I'm just taking a guess. If I'm wrong so be it but it's still time for you both to move on.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:57 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
if you gave a lawful instruction to the brokerage to inform you beforehand of every showing, then they've failed that instruction.

Otherwise, they're reticent to get you excited about a second showing, lest you somehow expect them to be at the home, shadowing the agent and her interested clients every step of the way (because that would be another lawful instruction).

Do you understand that the agent and their brokerage also want the home to sell? And as quickly as possible now?

Nobody sees any cash until the Buyer decides they are ready to close.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:00 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Thumbs down soooo....

Quote:
Sorry I've been out of touch. I just started a new job that I'm working 11 hour days and trying to feel better so its been tough. So I haven't called yet. Going to call Wednesday as we had an open house yesterday and not one phone call/email/smoke signal about what happened at the event. Nothing still on the person who requested the survey several weeks ago.

I seriously don't know how she has a job. I need to get my license as I'd do 1000% better
This really is not any sort of priority for you, right? Only something to type about on the internet?
koale

Old 08-15-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
This really is not any sort of priority for you, right? Only something to type about on the internet?
koale

Obviously, you didn't read the rest of the thread....

I sent an email to the officer manager (last Monday) regarding everything who is out of town till the 22nd. She forwarded the email to the asst manager who I had the two ugly conversations with. That made no sense to me at all. I made it very clear I didn't wish to speak with the assistant manger again. The asst manager me an email apologizing but I didn't respond. I also got a phone call 5 days later from our agent who wanted to speak with me. I didn't contact her back as well. I'm now dealing with her assistant who is now handling everything including our open houses. She is actually communicating with us and I will speak with the officer manager when she gets back in town.

We are just waiting the contract out at this point because I'm not sure if we transfer agents if it will extend the contract. I never got any answer to that.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:51 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
Quote:
Obviously, you didn't read the rest of the thread....

I sent an email to the officer manager (last Monday) regarding everything who is out of town till the 22nd. She forwarded the email to the asst manager who I had the two ugly conversations with. That made no sense to me at all. I made it very clear I didn't wish to speak with the assistant manger again. The asst manager me an email apologizing but I didn't respond. I also got a phone call 5 days later from our agent who wanted to speak with me. I didn't contact her back as well. I'm now dealing with her assistant who is now handling everything including our open houses. She is actually communicating with us and I will speak with the officer manager when she gets back in town.

We are just waiting the contract out at this point because I'm not sure if we transfer agents if it will extend the contract. I never got any answer to that.
This is very sad. They have reached out to you via email and a phone call and you chose not to respond. How else do you expect things to move forward when they are communicating and you aren't?

You STILL have not reached out to the actual Broker. The Broker is the one who can make things happen. An office manager manages the office and paperwork coming in and out of the office. An office manager does not have any leverage of any kind to help you. The BROKER is the one who can help, and it's been several weeks later and you continue to not take the effort to contact the correct person who can help your situation... very sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals