Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 03:12 PM

410 posts, read 1,682,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin-Willy View Post
But the bigger issue that most of the agents who have responded are missing is that Friedzone was talking about calling up a listing agent to ask about a house that agent has listed. He is not asking that agent to show him around to other houses, so all of this talk about wasting time and then jumping to other agents isn't applicable.
A-Willy... I went back and read the OP... your right... he/she is taking about calling a listing agent. Should the perspective buyer be pressured by the listing agent for commitment on the spot...no. But, I do think they should be qualified...I don't believe in booting sellers out of their home if the buyer isn't serious....Sunny

Last edited by sunny57; 10-15-2008 at 03:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 07:23 PM

36 posts, read 94,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedzone View Post
Well trust is a two way street. From experience I have found that one real estate salesperson can not meet all my real estate buying needs. That is why I am up front and say I am working with other salespeople as well. Since the disclosure form states that dual agency representation is perfectly allowable. Disclosure works both ways.

A "buyers agent", as I said, is to my knowledge not legally binding in any way unless there is some contractual agreement.
I don't know about anywhere else but in Arizona we have Listing Agents and Buyers Agents. Some do both. We have what you call a "Buyer/Broker Agreement" that the buyers and agents sign. It is a contract. Some agents have people sign them, some don't. But if put myself on the line to work for a buyer then I would expect them to give me the same courtesy. I used to be a buyer and wasn't so impressed with my agent. I always got the feeling that he wasn't really working for me only which is what Buyer Agents do. I just got my license and I will be strickly a Buyers Agent. Hope you have a better experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals