Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:56 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,787,895 times

Advertisements

I understand your issue.. Collecting $ 14K and not even one phone call, no refferals from me or the rest must have gone superb... What was this realtor thinking....
Maybe for a realtor it isn't important but for the client it is and that is why so many people have issues with realtors, they think the way it is important for them and don't realize how clients are...until they aren't treated the way the want in a store or a restaurant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 03:57 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,901,340 times
Excellent post.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:30 PM

188 posts, read 663,242 times
We closed a few days ago, long distance and we knew we closed a day before the realtor did because we kept calling the escrow company. She finally sent us a similar 'congrats, please refer me' email and the deal had long been done. I thought it was odd (I figured they'd be down there at the office getting the checks for themselves so why not email/call us?) but I'm not offended. We were a small deal for her (not an expensive house) and she sold us quick, so we had not much to complain about at all.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:30 PM

How much cost a 1 or 2 min. call....are the realtors so busy these days that they haven't got time to make a simple phone call that means so much to a seller....? To me that would show commitment and being polite and handling the business well.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:47 PM

200 posts, read 561,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How much cost a 1 or 2 min. call....are the realtors so busy these days that they haven't got time to make a simple phone call that means so much to a seller....? To me that would show commitment and being polite and handling the business well.
I absolutely love Bentlebee. Lives in a house w/ a huge spoon..........never missing an opportunity to stir the pot............

Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,433,812 times
wait....didn't you have to sign closing papers? wouldn't you already know that it closed?

Old 06-05-2008, 06:16 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,111,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
The lawyer, referred to by our realtor, never called us to tell us how anything went.
I was shocked to say the least! I guess they take their money and run! I would never refer her to anyone!!!
Any opinions on this?
I'd be irritated. It's just common courtesy to inform the person who is PAYING you for your services regarding the outcome of said services.

Unfortunately common courtesy is now considered extraordinary courtesy.

I wouldn't respond to her email and I wouldn't refer her either.
Your silence should speak volumes, but my guess is she hasn't got enough of a clue to realize it.....

Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM

43,342 posts, read 77,198,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
I'd be irritated. It's just common courtesy to inform the person who is PAYING you for your services regarding the outcome of said services.

Unfortunately common courtesy is now considered extraordinary courtesy.

I wouldn't respond to her email and I wouldn't refer her either.
Your silence should speak volumes, but my guess is she hasn't got enough of a clue to realize it.....
I positively agree with you.
That should have been an enjoyable call to make.

"It's SOLD!"

Old 06-06-2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCNYISHOME View Post
I absolutely love Bentlebee. Lives in a house w/ a huge spoon..........never missing an opportunity to stir the pot............
Some of you just are so arrogant and if you would just put your self in a clients shoes you would make so many more people happy
Maybe you should give the client a chance to fill out a survey and see how they react towards certain things and make things better that you aren't aware off. When I had my business I did these things and if you are open to changes and more money I know it works and you get more happy people and don't have to ask for a refferal, because you get them from the happy customers without asking...

Old 06-06-2008, 05:25 AM

200 posts, read 561,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some of you just are so arrogant and if you would just put your self in a clients shoes you would make so many more people happy
Maybe you should give the client a chance to fill out a survey and see how they react towards certain things and make things better that you aren't aware off. When I had my business I did these things and if you are open to changes and more money I know it works and you get more happy people and don't have to ask for a refferal, because you get them from the happy customers without asking...
Reaching out again I see...............98% quality assurance rating by clients........agree totally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals