Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:43 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,899,840 times

Advertisements

In the state of Florida you can do it if you are not compensated. It's all about the compensation here. You can also do it if you are court ordered (for a fee) as in an executor of a will or an attorney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 07:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Check also the public records for any criminal convictions...you don't want a convicted felon in your home while you are away!!! I had it and she had a license and was 3x convicted!!! Just to be safe on your part. You can also check local title companies and get referrals, they work with realtors all the time and know which once are selling more, so IMO they have more experience. Good Luck.
Do you think criminal background checks should be run for all potential buyers, too?

Old 06-22-2008, 09:15 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Do you think criminal background checks should be run for all potential buyers, too?
Well, I'm done talking to ALL of you until I see your files...

Old 06-22-2008, 09:29 PM

11,832 posts, read 34,451,143 times
In Colorado, we go thru CBI/FBI backround checks in order to get/renew our licenses.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:54 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,995,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Check also the public records for any criminal convictions...you don't want a convicted felon in your home while you are away!!! I had it and she had a license and was 3x convicted!!! Just to be safe on your part. You can also check local title companies and get referrals, they work with realtors all the time and know which once are selling more, so IMO they have more experience. Good Luck.
I love anecdotal stories! We had a Realtor deliver Christmas presents to an orphanage while dressed as Santa Clause. There, now we are even on anecdotal evidence.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:44 PM

469 posts, read 1,485,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I love anecdotal stories! We had a Realtor deliver Christmas presents to an orphanage while dressed as Santa Clause. There, now we are even on anecdotal evidence.
Hi Brandon,

You just can't handle leaving bettlebee's comments alone can you. Every time I see you comment it cracks me up. Thanks for the laugh hopefully I can return the favor sometime.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:48 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don't mind if it makes the realtors feel saver...yes!!

But this thread is about realtors and my realtor was a 3 x convicted felon (shoplifting. fraude, grand theft)...do you want a realtor with all this...having access to your home and soc. sec. number!!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:51 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post
Hi Brandon,

You just can't handle leaving bettlebee's comments alone can you. Every time I see you comment it cracks me up. Thanks for the laugh hopefully I can return the favor sometime.
One of the realtors on this forum asked me by PM to send the proof, which I did and that realtor was shocked to find out that in Florida it is possible to obtain a license and become a realtor after being convicted for the third time and getting 36 months of probation because a deal was struck. It was either 15 months in prison or 36 months of probation....I know it is hard to believe, was for me too, but unfortunatelly it is true and instead of making fun of me....I don't care, I just keep writing about it....the realtors should ask the State legislations in charge to prevent this from happening!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,423,966 times
bentlebee, since you won't divulge the information proving your claim here, could you send your evidence to me, privately, as well? Or ask the realtor that you did send it to to contact me, since you've said you won't divulge their name without their permission.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:55 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,423,966 times
Interestingly, the very first question under Background Information on the Florida application for a real estate agent or broker's license is about any convictions, and it states that a background check WILL be done. They also take fingerprints, presumably for this purpose, and have since 2006.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals