Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:25 AM

48 posts, read 163,701 times

Advertisements

some very nice people on this site told me my pictures look dark.. when i pull them up they look fine and when I have my friends pull them up they look fine. Please take a look and let me know.... i will have them changed ASAP if that is the case.. thanks.... MLS #2440634

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 11:41 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,318,516 times
Sue-it's not that they are looking like they are in a cave with no light, but they are a bit dark.
Here is what I suggest. Have your realtor take new pictures with not only the window dressings Open, but also have all of the lights on in the house. I noticed on some that maybe one light was on in the room that the photo is trying to showcase but the hall or the room behind it is dar thus providing a shadow. So, when she comes make sure all of the lights are on before she starts taking pics and don't turn them off until she leaves.
My first realtor did this and I had great photos(just not great service from him) my current realtor did not do this (and I get great service from her) and I asked her to go and retake the pictures.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,913,545 times
There is also photo editing software available to enhance your photos by using the brightness & contrast levels. I do that on all my listing photos and it makes a HUGE difference when the natural light doesn't cooperate.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:33 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,734,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemaz12 View Post
some very nice people on this site told me my pictures look dark.. when i pull them up they look fine and when I have my friends pull them up they look fine. Please take a look and let me know.... i will have them changed ASAP if that is the case.. thanks.... MLS #2440634

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!!!
I was the person that said they look dark (I'm talking about the bedroom, dining area, & living room.)

Can't you tell that they are dark? There needs to be more light whether if its edited or natural.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong? Can someone look and tell her if they need to be edited or not?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:44 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,024,310 times
they are dark (all except the kitchen but even that could use a tad bit more light but it's not as dark as the others). As suggested i would turn on all your lights and open the blinds and then take the pictures. you can edit the pictures to make them lighter. this is rough but see the difference (I saved 2 of your pictures and edited them using photoshop).
Attached Thumbnails
pictures-2440634b.jpg   pictures-lr.jpg   pictures-2440634d.jpg   pictures-dr.jpg  

Old 10-05-2007, 12:47 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,325,225 times
I have to agree - a little dark, except for the kitchen photo. I think you need to take the photos when the sun is NOT shining in the windows. What happens is that the shutter closes down to adjust for the light coming in the windows. You can either stand at the window (with the light behind you) to take the picture, or if you want a picture looking out the window you'll need to make sure that it's not overly bright outside. You could also adjust the setting on your camera so that the auto shutter is adjusted by the indoor lighting.

It can be tricky sometimes to get the shot just right. The software can help a lot, too.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:50 PM

After seeing them posted here they do look dark. Thank you for all of your help. We will get the pictures done. They don't appear to look that dark when i open them but that means nothing to me - i know what the place looks like Thank you all for your help!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:31 PM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
If you are going to retake photos, try a different angle for the bedroom. It looks like it's very tight by the bed & dresser or what ever it is

Old 10-05-2007, 02:52 PM

i saw that too. The bedroom is actually big and doesn't look it. I think we are just going to remove that piece of furniture!!!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 PM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Very hard to photograph rooms. I'm having a tough time myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate