Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM

940 posts, read 1,367,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne03 View Post
oh good kickin!! Hopefully you can keep the dog quiet long enough to sell your home..and then you won't have to deal with it anymore!!!!!
With my luck, I'll move next to 4 barking dogs!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Good Luck Kickinback!!

Hopefully, if there are any "inconsiderate dog owners" reading this thread they might learn a valuable lesson here and start properly caring for their animals and their neighbors!!

Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Good Luck Kickinback!!

Hopefully, if there are any "inconsiderate dog owners" reading this thread they might learn a valuable lesson here and start properly caring for their animals and their neighbors!!
Thanks, hopefully someone will think twice, if they read this. But, I really believe that people like this, don't think their dog is annoying, I really don't. Or they just don't have a brain and they are hard of hearing!! LOL

Hey, get back on that plane!! See ya there later! Thanks again!!

Last edited by kickinbackfl; 11-13-2007 at 02:12 PM..

Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 PM

144 posts, read 824,750 times
Glad to hear that AC came out and was able to help ya. Hopefully something will be done. I look forward to your updates.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milabs View Post
Glad to hear that AC came out and was able to help ya. Hopefully something will be done. I look forward to your updates.
Thanks, if I'am still alive,lol I'll tell you how it goes!!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:29 PM

609 posts, read 2,118,249 times
Our neighbors dog barked at all houses day and night, animal control said there was nothing they could do about it.
You will love this. After 2 years of this I bought a CD of barking dogs. Everytime their dog barked, either 3pm or 3am I put on the CD, put the speakers in the open window until I thought they had had enough.
The sheriff would show up, ask me to stop and I told him every time, when their dog stopped barking my stereo would stop barking,

They finally got rid of their dog.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
Our neighbors dog barked at all houses day and night, animal control said there was nothing they could do about it.
You will love this. After 2 years of this I bought a CD of barking dogs. Everytime their dog barked, either 3pm or 3am I put on the CD, put the speakers in the open window until I thought they had had enough.
The sheriff would show up, ask me to stop and I told him every time, when their dog stopped barking my stereo would stop barking,

They finally got rid of their dog.
That's pretty funny! I can't believe that AC told you there is nothing you can do!?! That's just not right! When AC stood there and listened he said that NO one should have to live like that. He also told me to call the local police if AC is not open, because they step in as far as "noise control" and will ticket them for it!

I would feel horrible though, if these people decide to give away their dogs because of this, they just need to train them and say NO once they start going crazy!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:04 PM

162 posts, read 503,944 times
This same thing is happening to my friend and her family . The new neighbors that are renting put up a fence (chain link) and have 4 obnoxious dogs. They are trying to sell and it is pointless with these animals barking and running after everything that moves. Do you have a homeowners association that you could talk to about taking some measures? In my neighborhood we have certain restrictions that apply with animals. They must be kept quiet after 10 pm and the fences must be wooden and a certain height. I am not sure if anyone mentioned that to you so I apologize if I am repeating. My friend brought this up to her homeowners association and they made them replace the fence and keep the dogs quiet at night. In some places it is illegal for dogs to bark after 10 PM. It would be considered disturbing the peace. Good luck......I hope it works out for you. I know it can be frustrating.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:36 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times
my realtor asked me to ask my neighbors to keep their dog inside during our showings. i felt awkward asking them and im sure they felt a bit peeved maybe but it all turned out well and i sold no problems. my neighbor on the other side was a pig that kept her property looking like a trailer park and since i didnt get along with her there was no way i could ask her to clean up her property. it's horrible being in the situation youre in. i know that whenever my neighbors were trying to sell that i just automatically made sure my place/yard looked great in order to set a good impression and not mess up their sale. they didnt ask me but i just knew to do this because i am considerate so i guess you just dont have considerate neighbors. shame.
hopefully it'll all work out for you and if the people love the house enough then they wont worry about dogs barking.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:37 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinbackfl View Post
That's pretty funny! I can't believe that AC told you there is nothing you can do!?! That's just not right! When AC stood there and listened he said that NO one should have to live like that. He also told me to call the local police if AC is not open, because they step in as far as "noise control" and will ticket them for it!

I would feel horrible though, if these people decide to give away their dogs because of this, they just need to train them and say NO once they start going crazy!
don't feel horrible kickin if they give their dogs away. to me it sounds like they don't DESERVE to have those dogs and the unconditional love from them. It doesn't sound like they (the dogs) have a very nice forever home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate