Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:00 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
You stated it perfectly. Those are the exact reasons I would rather be with the owner anytime, instead of the realtor.
"Perfectly?"

The buyer points out features to the seller and provides history that the seller would otherwise not know?
I would shur doubt the seller's disclosures.

I think this is fertile ground for a service-oriented professional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 11:23 PM

252 posts, read 580,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
There's the key right there for me. IF for some reason the seller MUST be there, I really want them completely out of the picture - like out in the yard, out of earshot - during at least the first showing.
Well, won't that look odd ?
Coz some buyers find this odd or insulting when some seller just leaves them alone in a house.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliyahm22 View Post
Coz some buyers find this odd or insulting when some seller just leaves them alone in a house.
I think that would be the extreme minority.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:46 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post

Do you think a FSBO would let you walk through their house unaccompanied ? Would you let a buyer do that for your house ?
Probably not. One MORE good reason for hiring an agent.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliyahm22 View Post
I have only looked at a few homes in which the seller was PRESENT. I find it much more odd to have them hovering around. I'm not there to visit the owner.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:24 PM

1,835 posts, read 3,267,339 times
I showed my house (owner/agent) to a person who had an agent but his agent was out of town. He really wanted to see the house, and I happened to be home with a sick child.

It was awkward as the seller and the listing agent to be there. I would have preferred to just let him wander the house, but (and I told him when he called) my youngest child had ear surgery that morning and was sleeping off the anesthesia....I allowed him to view the house, but I would not wake up the baby...I left him unattended and He just quietly went through the house, and then I stood outside the door when he peeked in on my son's room...

I trusted the guy not to steal anything, but I dont trust anyone I don't know around my kids. The whole thing was weird, and despite claiming that he liked the house there was no second showing or offer...which was fine b/c we already had multiple offers in hand to discuss that night. Either way though, it was awkward and I don't recommend it.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 PM

11 posts, read 50,800 times
as a buyer i think its great to see home with the one who knows the better and every thing about the home.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmatt View Post
as a buyer i think its great to see home with the one who knows the better and every thing about the home.
You're going to get much better info and actual facts by letting a good inspector tell you "everything about the home", not the home owner.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You're going to get much better info and actual facts by letting a good inspector tell you "everything about the home", not the home owner.
True dat. You've heard the phrase "Buyers are liars?" Well, sellers are often liars as well. Best to invest wisely in a good home inspector. At least they're accountable to the state board and their job is on the line if they don't do their job well!

Old 08-14-2013, 06:30 AM

30,528 posts, read 16,226,596 times
and it's not just a matter of lying. Sometimes a homeowner just doesn't remember things. If an outlet doesn't work they've just adapted to not using it and might forget it.

Especially when they'ed lived in the house a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate