Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 11:20 AM

72 posts, read 76,488 times

Advertisements

Thankfully the Amy Arnofer team of Blue Springs, MO sold them both in 24 hours. It is CLOSED, DONE. The money is in my acct.

My attorney is speaking with some folks in MO to see if I might have a case. The R/N agent DIED on 3/15/16. He was going to me our star witness. My attorney asked for 7-10 more days for him to decide if we have a case against R/N. I think his argument goes something like this: "The R/N agent should have known this was a bunch of BS early on . . . He should not have let it go on for so long."!

Sounds like a far shot for me. But at least I got a bunch of 'experience points' - the long and expensive way . . . I trust my attorney. He is honest. If he thinks, after doing his research that I have no case - he will let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 02:23 PM

8,573 posts, read 12,403,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw77 View Post
Thankfully the Amy Arnofer team of Blue Springs, MO sold them both in 24 hours. It is CLOSED, DONE. The money is in my acct.

My attorney is speaking with some folks in MO to see if I might have a case. The R/N agent DIED on 3/15/16. He was going to me our star witness. My attorney asked for 7-10 more days for him to decide if we have a case against R/N. I think his argument goes something like this: "The R/N agent should have known this was a bunch of BS early on . . . He should not have let it go on for so long."!

Sounds like a far shot for me. But at least I got a bunch of 'experience points' - the long and expensive way . . . I trust my attorney. He is honest. If he thinks, after doing his research that I have no case - he will let me know.
The plot thickens.

Once you hear from your attorney, you may realize that it's best just to move on and put this episode behind you.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:54 PM

Jack,

That is exactly what I am/was thinking as I sat in Doug's office. "Dean, what about blah?" Dean, why is this BLAH?"

I DO NOT REMEMBER. I DO NOT CARE. I AM THANKFUL THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER. I have learned my lessons.

Doug said for me to give him 7-10 days to make a decision as to if we got a good case or not. One thing we both agreed on, if we do not have a good enough legal case, that I have a civic obligation to call the MO board of 'Big Cheeses' and let them know what went on . . . Maybe they will take his MO license away from him . . . YET, even that might require another set of several hours of talks and providing paperwork/contracts . . . And lets say the 'Big Cheeses' take his license. Is that going to come back and haunt me and my young family?

Decisions, decisions. I'll let it is Doug's capable and trustworthy hands . . . . Thank you Jack for hanging with me during this drama. Much appreciated. Take care, Dean

Old 03-24-2016, 11:28 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
What do you care? Wait until closing then deal is done. (why haven't you gotten the money yet?)

Because "A" is waiting for a tenant to plop down a pile of money for A to fund the closing?

Old 03-25-2016, 08:10 AM

Correct. The original 'buyer' never closed. They buyer and agent were together in bed for two months. In three weeks we had six different closing dates. That is a little excessive isn't it?

I hired REAL pros, and my properties were sold in a week.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:18 PM

1,042 posts, read 873,656 times
I have not read the entire thread. Was this a 'wholesaler' who was not able to find an actual buyer? there are legitimate wholesalers, but so many are not. That leaves a lot of disappointed people. This is why 'wholesaling is not even legal in some states.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:31 PM

I have heard the term wholesaler but I do not even know what one is. The 'agent' had an ad on the net for one of those 'one buy ugly homes' type of thing. He was slick on phone. Within two weeks he had talked to one of his 'international investors'. We used dotloop (but agent never signed anything) documents and contracts prepared by a ReeceNichols agent to have a closing date set. It was set in early Feb. So, we had a 'buyer'. The buyer never could get his money wired to the states in time to really close. He always had an excuse. 2 months and five closing dates later, I said 'bye' to both of them. Hired REAL agents/brokers/company and within one week my two properties were sold, and the money was in my bank.

I think with deal one - 'buyer' and 'agent' and ReeceNichols broker were in this all together from the start. When they couldn't sell the contract to a higher bidder they kept stalling for time. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:31 PM

10,963 posts, read 21,978,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
It sounds like someone was tying up houses like yours, and then trying to sell them so they could close at the same time that their purchase closed. This way they did not really have to come up with money to close, as it was closed with another persons money. Their profit would be the difference between what they paid, and what they sold it for.

This is very common in the real estate business....
Overall your statement is correct except I'd say it's not "very common". I'd say occasional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate