Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 12:53 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,036,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw77 View Post
Thank you for wasting my time . . .
So you waste more by responding? SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 01:18 PM

72 posts, read 76,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Surely the contract had some performance clause? He failed...end of contract.
Good point. I wish I could make more sense out of the contracts. I'll pay my attorney and/or a local Realtor to help me with that. So . . . he got us all the way to a closing . . . .but then the buyer 'wigged' out on us . . . and since I was dumb enough to let JS (the 'agent') talk me into ZERO earnest money . . . then deal should be over. But, that does not explain away my property being advertised without my consent . . . I guess that is just me grinding my ax. I was naive enough to think at the closing, when I was at the Title Company that it would shortly be 'game over'. Buyer gets his needed docs, I get my cash. Game over. I now understand that a good business model/sequence for a title company is to get those things IN ADVANCE, before calling one in to close. Thanks again. I need to figure how to get a clean break from this JS. Start over and do things right for 'round 2.'

Old 02-14-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
So you waste more by responding? SMH.
Good point. Sometimes I do stupid things. Just like everyone else does. Thank you.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:23 PM

[quote=LifeIsGood01;43002889]As to your original question, he can post a property he doesn't own. But not with pictures or an address or a showing promise. He can post the info such as 3/2 etc, pets allowed, etc. to get feelers for the market. No one would know it's not his property or someone else's.

^^^ Zill..ow and Tr...a were at least two of the sites. Therefore, there was pictures of my home and my address.

Should I just rid myself of this so-called 'agent' (via a REAL agent explaining to me how to do it legally) and start over from ground ZERO. Or, do I pursue punitive damages of lost time and money via civil court? Or, of course - do both. Thank you.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
OP you are way too calm for this situation. I would be raising hell now with anyone and everyone. If you are dealing with a major broker I would imagine they would be open today. Call them now.
A major broker is involved (the largest and most successful brokerage in the KC area) but I do not even think they have a clue of this rouge activity going on in their company. I will inform them Tuesday.

I have a limited supply of energy. I am disabled. I have my three daughters (ages 13, 11, and 9) all day tomorrow. Therefore, I must prep my apartment for that. Then I also have them again this upcoming Saturday. They deserve a rested and not-agitated/distracted father for the little bit of time I get to spend with them. They are a much more important asset than this d*mn house . . .

Me driving the 5 hour round trip to sign the docs at the Title Company was TOO MUCH for me because of my disabilty. So, I'm still playing 'catch up' and 'rest up' from that. What do I gain by quickly rushing forward when I have no energy at the moment? Thanks.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Have a friend respond to the cl ad and see of he is trying to collect money or personal info for fraud.

^^ Excellent. I will do that. My guess is that the phone number isn't even real . . . but I will do as you suggest above. Thank you.

Contact RN brokerage and ask if they know agent.

^^^ Will do. Thank you.

Look at your state real estate commission Web site and search for licensee info. You can also call the number on your lockbox ( might need to Google name of lockbox model...ie Sentrilock), to get number, and give them the lockbox I'd number and ask who it is assigned to. You can track agent from that.
If it is fraudulent, file a police report, change locks and put a security alert on all 3 credit bureaus.

Did buyer deposit earnest money with title company at start of contract?
No. I was stupid. The earnest money got changed TWICE. First it was $2K . . . then a week or two later it was $1K . . . then finally a week or two after that . . . it was ZERO. And I was dumb enough and eager enough to sell the homes . . . that I just went with it . . .

Old 02-14-2016, 01:40 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,805,301 times
Why do you keep changing (or even using) diff. colors in all your posts?

Old 02-14-2016, 01:52 PM

11,832 posts, read 34,451,143 times
1. Go here now and look up Dude B's real estate licensee info. https://renew.pr.mo.gov/realestate-licensee-search.asp
2. If active, find the name of the local brokerage office.
3. Call local brokerage office first thing Tuesday morning, ask for the managing broker, or broker in charge.
4. Call title company second thing ask them to verify the wire. No wire, no deal. Transaction terminated due to lack of buyers performance.
5. Call local brokers, tell them you have a house to sell. Interview several and choose one that has integrity and local knowledge.
6. Bar Dude B - the licensee from entering/showing the house.

Get on with your life.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Why do you keep changing (or even using) diff. colors in all your posts?
No particular reason. I just wanted mine to be something different than the normal black to be able to differentiate it from others. The colors are randomly picked. If the majority of the group find it irritating, I'll gladly stop. I'm here to learn. Not to annoy folks. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:01 PM

Awesome. Love it. Will do as you directed below. Much, much appreciated. The 'agent' called and left me a message today. I am not calling him back. He knows my email address and he never answered my last very short email message. Thanks again. Much appreciative of the numbered steps and your wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
1. Go here now and look up Dude B's real estate licensee info. https://renew.pr.mo.gov/realestate-licensee-search.asp
2. If active, find the name of the local brokerage office.
3. Call local brokerage office first thing Tuesday morning, ask for the managing broker, or broker in charge.
4. Call title company second thing ask them to verify the wire. No wire, no deal. Transaction terminated due to lack of buyers performance.
5. Call local brokers, tell them you have a house to sell. Interview several and choose one that has integrity and local knowledge.
6. Bar Dude B - the licensee from entering/showing the house.

Get on with your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate