Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 02:06 PM

72 posts, read 76,478 times

Advertisements

@2bindenver

Before I bar 'Dude B' from entering/showing the house - my guess is that I should first have new and improved agent go over the docs/contracts that I signed with Dude B. Some exclusive right to sale. I think it is like for 180 days. If Dude B wants to try to stick to that . . . I guess I can turn up the heat by telling those in authority over him of the advertising before owning, not coming to my closing and various other lies . . . that would probably motivate him to drop all contact and contracts with me. Correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 05:38 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,615,907 times
PS, DDW, mortgage fraud gets prison time. I know of three people who did this together...not friends or even distant acquaintances but one I see around town now that he's out. Devastated people. If you don't have time to do much at this very moment, send another email to that settlement person and tell her some are suspecting mortgage fraud. It's a serious crime to be looked into.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:16 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,558,027 times
Changing text colors makes your posts difficult to read. Please stick to black.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:29 PM

72 posts, read 76,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Changing text colors makes your posts difficult to read. Please stick to black.
OK. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:51 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,446,502 times
While the owner seller has a legitimate fraud concern and should get out of the deal, it looks to me like an amateur attempt to take advantage of high rents by inserting themself as a middleman to capture a spread between what it can be rented for and purchase price.

In the middleman scenario, the prospective buyer needs a committed tenant in order to follow through with the purchase.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:54 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,798,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw77 View Post
Thank you for wasting my time . . .

That was not my intention.

Last edited by cargoman; 02-14-2016 at 07:06 PM..

Old 02-14-2016, 07:03 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,798,453 times
Quote:
A major broker is involved (the largest and most successful brokerage in the KC area) but I do not even think they have a clue of this rouge activity going on in their company. I will inform them Tuesday.

I have a limited supply of energy. I am disabled. I have my three daughters (ages 13, 11, and 9) all day tomorrow. Therefore, I must prep my apartment for that. Then I also have them again this upcoming Saturday. They deserve a rested and not-agitated/distracted father for the little bit of time I get to spend with them. They are a much more important asset than this d*mn house . . .

Me driving the 5 hour round trip to sign the docs at the Title Company was TOO MUCH for me because of my disabilty. So, I'm still playing 'catch up' and 'rest up' from that. What do I gain by quickly rushing forward when I have no energy at the moment? Thanks.
Well Hell! Now I feel like a real jerk. My apologies for any fun I was having earlier. I hope it all works out for you soon.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:59 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,398,483 times
Quote:
I do have a good attorney. However, he mentioned KS law vs. MO law. . . Use an attorney or just make sure I get the ownership/title to my home back . . . blow these guys OFF . . . .learn my lesson. And start over again from ground zero? Thanks a bunch.
Putting aside my skepticism about this entire thread, you do not have a good attorney. You may know an attorney who is good, but he certainly hasn't been advising you.

A good attorney would have urged you to receive a significant down payment. A good attorney would have advised you against signing an exclusive listing agreement with an "agent" whom you have never met. A good attorney would have suggested that you verify the identity and existence of the buyer, and the credentials of the agent. And a good attorney would have told you that you didn't need to make a five hour trip to sign documents at a title company.

A lot of the things mentioned in this thread sound fishy, but it may or may not be a scam. As to your original question, it doesn't seem particularly unusual for someone to advertise a house for rent prior to closing, provided they knew that they were going to close. Everything else sounds questionable.

Before jumping to conclusions, however, you need to investigate those matters which you should have done from the beginning.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:10 PM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
It is no big deal. It is to save money. It cost 300-400 bucks for each transfer from Germany."
No, it doesn't. Transfers from Germany are far less than that, if my experience in transferring money around the world is any indication. Heck, I transferred $8,000 from the US to the Middle East for $35, and US banks are expensive. A $2,000 transfer using HSBC from the Middle East to New Zealand was less than $5.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:48 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Putting aside my skepticism about this entire thread, you do not have a good attorney. You may know an attorney who is good, but he certainly hasn't been advising you.

A good attorney would have urged you to receive a significant down payment. A good attorney would have advised you against signing an exclusive listing agreement with an "agent" whom you have never met. A good attorney would have suggested that you verify the identity and existence of the buyer, and the credentials of the agent. And a good attorney would have told you that you didn't need to make a five hour trip to sign documents at a title company.

A lot of the things mentioned in this thread sound fishy, but it may or may not be a scam. As to your original question, it doesn't seem particularly unusual for someone to advertise a house for rent prior to closing, provided they knew that they were going to close. Everything else sounds questionable.

Before jumping to conclusions, however, you need to investigate those matters which you should have done from the beginning.
This, and nothing that requires public action (banks, title companies, deed recording, attorneys) is occurring on a weekend or federal holiday.

The buyer - you've referred to him as the seller; you're the seller - can't say the home is available to occupy before he owns it. But he's not required to wait til the deed is recorded to advertise it as available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate