Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 04:31 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw77 View Post
Dude A said he will buy my house. Closing was set. The closing date was 2/9/16. I signed docs. Money has NOT been wired to me yet.

Dude A, although he does not own my house officially (if ever), has already advertised on the net several places as 'for rent'. When I question him about this - he said he likes to check out the market before commiting . . . Can he legally advertise for rent - a property he doesn't own?

Was the guy by ANY chance a Nigerian prince and he's going to send a check but he made a mistake and wrote too large a amount?
Was this person physically present to look at the house?
Make the offer?
Were you able to see and track the funds?
Do you have a lawyer?
Do you have a agent?
How did you advertise and come in contact with this person?
Holy crap exactly WHAT documents did you sign?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 04:33 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,805,301 times
I'm smelling a troll.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:38 PM

72 posts, read 76,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
My worry would be that he is running a scam and collecting rental deposit
s and credit apps from potential renters and telling people he is buying house, but has no intention of doing so.

^^^Possibly. I wonder if HE ('the buyer' and the AGENT are one and the same?!)

But he could show rental prospects a copy of the purchase contract to allay concerns by people that might check city records and see a different owners name.
I'd make sure he doesn't have a copy of the key to house, or gar door opener.

^^^ He has a key via the lock box that the agent put on the front door.

Is there a buyers agent?

^^^ The 'agent' acted like a middle man between me and the mysterious 'buyer' in Germany. Said 'agent' is just as mysterious. I could find very little about either of them via google.

Is he paying cash?

^^^ Yes, supposivedly. Please see other posts in this thread that talking about my time at the Title company and how he was/is suppose to pay.

Did you get proof of funds from his bank?

No.

What does the title Co say?

^^^ That they will wire the money directly to my bank. That has not happened yet and appears that it never will.

Has closing date in contract passed?

Yes. What do you think my next steps should be? Thank you very much. Do you smell fraud? I think the 'agent' knows that I now know everything is a fraud. Hence his silence. He has spoken with my attorney previously. He knows how good my attorney is just by talking to him for ten minutes.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Was the guy by ANY chance a Nigerian prince and he's going to send a check but he made a mistake and wrote too large a amount?

No. Supposivedly from Berlin, Germany though. . .

Was this person physically present to look at the house?

I am not sure. My guess would be yes, he has been inside the house. He definitely got the 16 page inspection report. I think the 'buyer' and the 'agent' may be one and the same person.

Make the offer?

An offer was made and accepted. Then he got the inspection. He lowered his offer. I agreed to the new lower price. A dotloop document was created for the sale of the house at the agreed upon price. We both signed this contract electronically via dotloop.

Were you able to see and track the funds?

No.

Do you have a lawyer?

Yes. A very good one. He is in KS and was concerned about MO laws being different. But he did talk to my agent about one issue. He was able in five minutes to solve a 'zoning issue'. My agent had worked on the problem for two days and got no where with it. After he talked to my attorney, he was able to follow my attorney's directions and solve the zoning problem easily.

Do you have a agent?

Not really. A mysterious 'agent' who played as if he was middle man for the both of us. He had worked with this 'buyer' before.

How did you advertise and come in contact with this person?

Surfing the net. Then I talked with him on the phone. He seemed like an honest person. A hard worker. Now I wonder. . . I have never seen him face to face. I requested he come to the closing at the title company. He couldn't make it. He had several other appointments that day . . . I smell a fish . . .

Holy crap exactly WHAT documents did you sign?
Both myself and the 'buyer' signed a 'residential real estate contract'. I signed a 'exclusive right to sale contract (residential use only - F315--M W/F 204). I am not quite sure what the heck that is. I signed a lead-paint-disclosure w/title 42 and HUD EPA (321), then three addendums (F300) . . . those were mostly about the one change in price and the two changes in the dates for the closing. 'On or before 2/9/16 and then one might have been changing the closing to 2/12/16.

Do you smell FRAUD? What steps do you think I should do next? Thank you very much.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I'm smelling a troll.

If you mean by me, I am not a troll. I seriously came here for some help. I can email you some of these messed up documents to 'prove' this if you'd like. I have came to this forum for HELP. Not trolling. I would never waste my time on such a foolish thing as trolling.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
OP- your post makes no sense. Why haven't you been paid ? Who closed the sale- a title company or an attorney. Who is holding the money ?

Rather than worrying about who is renting what, you should be focused on getting your money. Something is very wrong here.
Thank you. I agree. Something is very wrong here. I come here hoping to learn what exactly is wrong and what I should do about it. I agree. I should and will focus on getting my 'money'. I do not think it was there intent to ever pay me. BUT, isn't that what a title company is FOR? It was closed via a document that both 'buyer' and 'seller' closed on dotloop. Then the 'agent' (who I have never meet) made an appointment for me to close at a title company. I went to the title company. Signed some papers. There was one spot for the 'buyer' to sign . . . but alas . . . he was not there . . . so it didn't get signed. The title company had me fill out a form stating that they would wire my money to my bank. I meet the title company on 2/9/16 . . . still no wired money to my bank. Shouldn't the title company have gotten the buyer's 'funds' BEFORE calling me in to sign docs and close? What would you do next? Thanks a bunch.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I worry whenever someone is waiting for "the money to be wired." Have you met the guy in person?
No. I have met neither the 'agent' or 'buyer' in person. I requested the agent meet me at the Title Company but he was 'too busy'. Shouldn't the Title Company have gotten the 'buyers' funds before even making an appointment with me to close?

What steps do you think I should do now? My once very communicative 'agent' has been silent for over 48 hours now . . . Thank you.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:07 PM

OK. Thank you. We all agree that something is very wrong. Can we get to what I should do next? Who to call first? I figure the more I leave the 'agent' alone - the better. Let him 'hang himself' by lack of communication as proven by how much he USED to communicate. Should my FIRST STEP be to call the title company and request that they write me a CHECK for my funds and that I will pick up said check that day? Next step. Help please. Thank you very much.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:36 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,767,626 times
So you have a real estate agent you have never met. The buyer is in Germany ? What in the world ?

This sounds like a giant scam. Perhaps your house is being used to generate rental deposits & applications. Possibly a scam by a real estate agent and a non existent purchaser..

Call that real estate agent and tell him to meet you at your home tomorrow to get the lock box off your door. So what if it Sunday. Tell him if he does not meet you will bring a bolt cutter and take it off the door. At most you will owe him a lock box. Have a locksmith meet your there on an emergency basis and change all your locks.

Contact your attorney as soon as possible Monday morning and tell him what is going on. Find out from him what you need to do to get out of this mess. I do not think you will ever see any money for this house. I doubt this was ever a valid sale. But what you need to do is to make sure this house stays in your name and that you get out from under this mess. Let your attorney advise you.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:37 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw77 View Post
Thank you. I agree. Something is very wrong here. I come here hoping to learn what exactly is wrong and what I should do about it. I agree. I should and will focus on getting my 'money'. I do not think it was there intent to ever pay me. BUT, isn't that what a title company is FOR? It was closed via a document that both 'buyer' and 'seller' closed on dotloop. Then the 'agent' (who I have never meet) made an appointment for me to close at a title company. I went to the title company. Signed some papers. There was one spot for the 'buyer' to sign . . . but alas . . . he was not there . . . so it didn't get signed. The title company had me fill out a form stating that they would wire my money to my bank. I meet the title company on 2/9/16 . . . still no wired money to my bank. Shouldn't the title company have gotten the buyer's 'funds' BEFORE calling me in to sign docs and close? What would you do next? Thanks a bunch.
Is this a cash deal? Did you ask him to verify the funds from his bank account with proof that it's been there several months? I don't think you closed on anything, at least I hope you didn't and I hope you didn't sign the house over to him or sign anything you didn't understand.

Move on and cancel the deal and sell your home the right way thru a real estate agent and to someone who is prequalified or can verify funds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate