Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How important is it to you have to have a bathtub in the Master Bathroom?
I could care less 38 26.21%
I don't mind as long as there's another one elsewhere in the house 66 45.52%
Somewhat of a concern. I'd get over it if the bathroom were nice enough otherwise 13 8.97%
Major detractor, I need a tub 28 19.31%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 07:26 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,408,992 times

Advertisements

We remodeled a home in houston and created a huge walk in shower a d el I'm in a ted the tub. There are two tubs in other bathhs. We sold the hpuse, it went under contract twice and had 25 or buyers through. No one made a comment about no tube being an issue. So resale is no issue in my view at least in houstom. Home value is around S500k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 07:29 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
FWIW, I live in a new development and none of the builder's floorplans have a tub in the master. They are selling like hotcakes. I can't remember the last time my wife or I took a bath. It is kind of gross.
What's gross is a shower that no one ever cleans. 'Fess up, people, when was the last time you got in there and scrubbed the grout?

By comparison, I find a tub very easy to clean.

I won't buy a house without a large Jacuzzi tub in one of the masters. Would prefer a house with two masters.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:00 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,426,646 times
I absolutely love my Jacuzzi tub. In the winter, I use it about once a week. It would be a deal breaker for me. Even a large garden tub with no jets would be a deal breaker for me. I guess my thought is how big of a shower do you really need? When I take shower, I'm usually getting ready for work or whatever, so I don't really linger in there.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:10 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

... I find it fascinating that the OP doesn't understand the total difference in meaning between "could care less" and "couldn't care less".
I used to get it wrong too. Someone on city-data corrected me and now I use the term correctly. Rather than calling that person the 'grammar police', I appreciated the tip. Since then I take notice to how many people get it wrong - it's at least 50%.

The person that gave me the tip said to remember it this way: If it's something you don't care about, then you care very little and therefore, you "couldn't care less". Which is the correct term.

Last edited by sware2cod; 07-09-2016 at 09:23 AM..

Old 07-09-2016, 08:45 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
I think it depends on the price point of the house. In a higher end house people expect a separate tub/shower in the master bath. At lower price points it might not be as much of an issue as long as there is a tub somewhere in the house.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:01 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What's gross is a shower that no one ever cleans. 'Fess up, people, when was the last time you got in there and scrubbed the grout?

By comparison, I find a tub very easy to clean.

I won't buy a house without a large Jacuzzi tub in one of the masters. Would prefer a house with two masters.
My tub has a tile surround so both have grout to be cleaned. Unless you are saying you don't clean the walls of your combined tub/shower since "no one ever cleans a shower"? Yes, that would be gross.

As for the last time I cleaned either shower or tub in my house? Never. The last time my house cleaners cleaned it? Last week.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:59 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
The only reason I need a tub is to give my dogs a bath. We have a beautiful old claw foot tub in one bathroom that is never used except to take a shower. The downstairs bathroom with a tub is for my dogs, especially for washing muddy feet.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:10 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,586,758 times
I consider no tub in the master to be a plus. Tubs take up valuable space and are rarely used. Our last house had a huge two person jetted tub and I was in it once during the 8.5 years we lived there. My wife used it 3 or 4 times.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:22 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
I was talking to a home builder and he was telling me all the new models of houses they are building (they build very nice houses) they aren't putting a tub in the master, but instead a luxury shower.

I think as long as there is one in the house (like if you have kids) then it is fine. Our last house didn't have a bath in the master and it sold just fine.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:20 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
The only reason I need a tub is to give my dogs a bath. We have a beautiful old claw foot tub in one bathroom that is never used except to take a shower. The downstairs bathroom with a tub is for my dogs, especially for washing muddy feet.
I used to do that but my deaf Great Dane Nilla Wafer is a neurotic sort and refuses to step up into anything but the car. So I took her into the shower stall to bathe her for the longest time until I moved into my new wife's house. Our shower is too small, so both Danes get the old fashioned water hose outside. The only downside to this is they can't get bathed in the winter (I'm afraid of taking Nilla to the groomer) but it's OK because they don't get very stinky in cold weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate