Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 11:24 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times

Advertisements

I am planning to get my house listed for sale pretty soon. I am considering using Redfin to list the home along with other 'traditional' brokerages that work in the area.

Wondering if anyone here has used Redfin to sell their home and what the experience was like.

The lower commission is appealing but I'm also thinking they could help to get a lot of exposure to the listing to hopefully sell quicker and for a better price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 01:49 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,818,804 times
I would do a search at the top. There are many Redfin threads.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:07 PM

229 posts, read 240,902 times
And then when you post on an old thread people will tell you the thread is old. LOL.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:25 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,818,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Siam View Post
And then when you post on an old thread people will tell you the thread is old. LOL.
Only when it's old and outdated information like, "My lender quoted 6%, should I lock?" Not today's information.

Information about specific companies and how they work is valid for years. Redfin is as it always was, a rebate company.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:44 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,736,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Siam View Post
You can still READ old threads and gather information. Asking your own question in an old thread is what is stupid.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:54 PM

905 posts, read 791,733 times
Tried to use them and initially did but ended up going with someone else full service after 60 days (or was it 90?) with no deal and minimal second showings or indicated serious interest from non-wackos despite a relatively strong sellers' market. Once we made the switch, we sold within a week of using the full service broker with no change in the asking price. Redfin used too many rotating & inexperienced brokers who didn't seem to know the property well for my tastes and clearly lacked the referrals network the full service broker leveraged to find a suitable buyer, not sure why you think they would get you better exposure. I would likely not use Redfin to sell again. However, I would buy with them again as it was a better experience overall than was the attempted sale.

You have to wonder how much dumb luck played into all of it though, YMMV.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:58 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
Whenever you use a discount broker other realtors will avoid. Not all, but a lot! If you have time to sell then try them. I never have, but if you need to sell quick I wouldn't.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svicious22 View Post
Tried to use them and initially did but ended up going with someone else full service after 60 days (or was it 90?) with no deal and minimal second showings or indicated serious interest from non-wackos despite a relatively strong sellers' market. Once we made the switch, we sold within a week of using the full service broker with no change in the asking price. Redfin used too many rotating & inexperienced brokers who didn't seem to know the property well for my tastes and clearly lacked the referrals network the full service broker leveraged to find a suitable buyer, not sure why you think they would get you better exposure. I would likely not use Redfin to sell again. However, I would buy with them again as it was a better experience overall than was the attempted sale.

You have to wonder how much dumb luck played into all of it though, YMMV.
Thanks , 60 days does sound like a long time to wait in a sellers market.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Whenever you use a discount broker other realtors will avoid. Not all, but a lot! If you have time to sell then try them. I never have, but if you need to sell quick I wouldn't.
Good to know , doesn't the buyers agent still get the same commission though ? Or is it just that they don't want to deal with a discount broker ?

Old 02-26-2017, 04:13 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
1. A real estate truism: There is no such thing as a "discount broker."

2. No. Most agents will not avoid, and clients will not allow that to happen anyway.
We can certainly help find houses, but we cannot hide them from clients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate