Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:45 PM

395 posts, read 490,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Your story seemingly has enough holes in it to make swiss cheese jealous.

To be fair, I can't speak for anyone but myself. With that said, there is no way I would even consider risking my life by staying a place because the rent was cheap when I had the cash to live elsewhere. It doesn't make sense.

Then, you mention that you never go out past 7pm unless you have to. In your earlier posts, you raved about all that NYC had to offer (remember the peking duck at 2 am?). Why would you live in a place that kept you confined to your apartment instead of enjoying the city that you love so much?

Why are you so secretive about your career? I'm not asking for copies of your Series 7 license; I'm asking which field you work in. As a past Finance major in college, I'm curious. Finance is a very interesting field to me.

In all honesty, I hope that everything you've posted is legitimate. I hope that you strike some great deals on your apartment and beach house purchases. I hope you have a thriving career in the finance sector. Finally, I hope the peking duck is spectacular next time you order it at 2 am.
listen...i dont really care if u believe me or not...u live out in the boondock in the south...i live in nyc all my life...so one would assume i know a bit about safety issue heres. plus crime has been down since the 90's due to giulanni's administration. but i live in e. harlem with all the pj's. if u want to be a victim of crime, go right ahead...go out after nite by urself especially for a white male/female who stand out like a white rabbit in the jungle. pj's = always crime. plus u have these private van shuttling these white folks from these luxury building down to 86th st. subway station (upper east side for folks dont know about nyc). occassionally i do see some brave white folks that walk to the local east harlem 103rd subway station in the morning to work..but never see them walk back home at nite. look i dont have to prove anything to u. but if u must know...financial sector doesn't mean u have to be a stock broker, trader....my company has many depts. hr, accounting dept, IT dept. etc. i work in IT but i also get bonus too just like my colleagues.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 03-26-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 03:51 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,944,865 times
Grammer, punctuation, spelling, and a lack of vulgarity go far towards validating one's claims and opinions. It seems to me that I need to read between the lines to get the truth with one poster, since the actual lines have little value to the topic. In this case, between-the-lines tells me that there's been quite a bit of trolling going on with little, if any, truth. It's Internet Bravado.

Perhaps there's a way to get back to the topic of competing with foreclosures. That was an interesting discussion.

Last edited by garth; 03-26-2008 at 04:04 PM..

Old 03-26-2008, 03:53 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,924 times
Vince,

I have no doubt that your knowledge of NYC is vastly greater than mine and have never claimed otherwise. And you're also right that you don't have to prove anything to anyone on an internet forum. Neither one of us is going to lose sleep tonight wondering if the other is telling the truth. However, when you make bold claims you should not be surprised when you're asked to substantiate them. And you must surely admit that many of your posts seem to contradict themselves.

IT is a field that I don't know anything about, but I am glad that you are successful in it. I wish you the best, and would encourage you to take a trip out to the boondocks sometime. You might find out that it's not as bad as you think.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingbyron View Post
(This thread has been highly entertaining....)
Absolutely! After reading this it makes me have all sorts of faith in the financial district in NYC I think I'll go sell my stock now...

Old 03-26-2008, 04:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Vince,
IT is a field that I don't know anything about, but I am glad that you are successful in it. I wish you the best, and would encourage you to take a trip out to the boondocks sometime. You might find out that it's not as bad as you think.
That's ok, I do and vince is not like any I've every worked with or managed in IT and I've seen some pretty interesting people...
I'd guess the above is correct about trolling. Let's try to return to the OP thread intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate