Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 09:49 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Too bad that you are unable to understand that the "base Price" is what gets plugged into "the formula." While possibly useful in determining the base price, asking price is not part of the formula.

It's also too bad that you want to linguistically torture a post rather than respond in the spirit in which it was posted - understood by all here, except, apparently, yourself.

It's also too bad, and possibly pathetic, that you continue to assert that I have no use for an agent who utilizes experience, service and integrity when that is 180 degrees from my own viewpoint. Nowhere have I stated anything of the sort but that doesn't stop you from continuing to make such false claims.

So much for your "superior concept."
I've addressed - as have more than one more agent - some ways to change the compensation model, and that how what you propose is too unwieldy and basically unattainable.

If you choose to dismiss all, then that's your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 12:12 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,984,194 times
I think the problem is that what realtors do and what I want to pay them to do are two separate things. I can do my own searching my own driving and my own looking. I don’t need bottles of water cookies or some fancy binder of printouts. We don’t need to meet at Starbucks and do some personality test or needs assessment. I don’t need school ratings or guidance to local hospitals gyms and grocery stores.

What I do need help on is more of the technicals. When doing a walkthrough i need someone with an inspectors eye. If you see something jenky let’s look deeper while there. If the windows are bad tell me how much ballpark to improve. Is the hvac dying or under spec for the home. Is the back trex deck built to code or has some diy enthusiast done it all wrong and built a death trap. Based upon the age of the home do I need to be careful or clay sewer line connects at the street that will cost $20k to replace. Has the owner invested way too much on improvements for the neighborhood that it likely won’t appraise. These are tangible skills I would pay for before we get to offers and due diligence.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:43 PM

532 posts, read 1,465,547 times
Most of those should be addressed by an inspector.

Many of those questions if answered would open the agent up to liability.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:24 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachouse View Post
Most of those should be addressed by an inspector.

Many of those questions if answered would open the agent up to liability.
Shouldnt being paid that much mean that you provide services that, if you screw up, you can be held liable for? IF I am paying out THAT much for a service I want someone I can come back to and sue or seek redress if there was a screw up, otherwise what am I paying for?

Old 02-06-2018, 07:49 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,993,410 times
Quote:
If you're going to ask questions, please at least read the outline of the proposal first. "Asking price" is irrelevant to the formula.
How is baseline determined? You also didn't address my other questions.

I just wish some people half as much thought into interviewing agents and we wouldn't even be having the discussion.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:13 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon hoffman View Post
how is baseline determined? You also didn't address my other questions.

I just wish some people half as much thought into interviewing agents and we wouldn't even be having the discussion.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:16 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Does any agent believe the guy who saves me $20,000 or more should not get more compensation than the one who can't, or doesn't make the effort, in fact the successful negotiator will lose money himself?

Old 02-06-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, I read it. How is the "baseline" agreed upon? What happens if a baseline isn't agreed upon? Should the agent be "penalized" for multiple offers and hot markets where I lose ability to negotiate?

Old 02-06-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Does any agent believe the guy who saves me $20,000 or more should not get more compensation than the one who can't, or doesn't make the effort, in fact the successful negotiator will lose money himself?
No, because I don't control what a buyer will pay or a seller will accept. My job is to help a buyer buy the home they want. Sometimes that means paying asking price for the forever home.

Why do you feel such a large portion of the agent income should be something they have limited control over? You as the buyer are largely responsible for what sort of deal you get.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:43 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
I feel the same way about college and healthcare!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate