Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 01:28 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happs View Post
I have already done the research for you regarding the noise ordinance. People on here can either believe me or not.
honestly, you've created doubts.

You say it happens 365 days a year.
You say it's the loudest leafblower ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2019, 03:57 PM

9,870 posts, read 7,747,075 times
So let's say you disclose the leaf blower noise from that business. Buyer decides to buy based on knowing that noise is limited to morning hours. Then their neighbor uses a leaf blower - could they complain and say you didn't disclose that neighbors also use leaf blowers, leading them to believe that the business was the only one with noise?

Old 11-16-2019, 04:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
When I buy a property I study google maps and use my head to figure out what is going on nearby. So should those people. In many cases, houses can hear...rather loudly...airports MILES away or even roads (busy interstates, highways) very loud....roads that are not visible.

Would you warn homeowners buying on the main street in your development that people may drive by there to get to other streets? Of course not!

Buyer beware. Modern life is noisy in many places.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:06 PM

1,315 posts, read 3,230,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
honestly, you've created doubts.

You say it happens 365 days a year.
You say it's the loudest leafblower ever.

Yes, a very loud backpack leaf blower.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:56 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Sounds like a project in introductory class called Busybody 101.
THIS^^^ - It is just NOT your place to be the Neighborhood Town Crier. Adults are buying the homes - not infants. Ot is up to the to conduct necessary investigations and due diligence as they see fit.

Please stay out of it.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:56 PM

1,315 posts, read 3,230,544 times
I'm surprised that most serious prospective buyers don't knock on neighbor's doors (especially their next door neighbors) and ask them about the neighborhood. I know neighbors can change, but if you don't get a good first impression about your future neighbor from a 10 minute conversation, then why purchase the house, since that neighbor might be living there for decades.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:08 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Never mentioned hanging out in the driveway. I would be on a public sidewalk or on my property near the exit gate, both areas where freedom of speech applies. As previously mentioned, the leaf blowers are present about a half an hour every morning, 365 days a year and only certain homes that back to the business are affected. Real estate agents cannot regulate free speech, especially when it is easy to obtain hours of video evidence supporting my claim.
By doing this, you will lower the value of your own home and give the neighborhood a bad name. What would it accomplish?

Old 11-17-2019, 07:39 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
I'm surprised that most serious prospective buyers don't knock on neighbor's doors (especially their next door neighbors) and ask them about the neighborhood. I know neighbors can change, but if you don't get a good first impression about your future neighbor from a 10 minute conversation, then why purchase the house, since that neighbor might be living there for decades.
Because they might knock on the door of someone like YOU, when all the other people in the neighborhood are most likely lovely people. However, just that one person (YOU) might be enough to turn off a prospective buyer. And the fact that you are on the HOA board makes the situation even worse, btw.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:38 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
OP, my advice is that whenever you see a realtor showing a house, you run over there with your leaf blower set on high.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:28 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,666,056 times
Wow. I find this thread surprising. I HATE my neighbors leaf blower noise. It is a high pitched whine. I think the OP and others truly find this upsetting. You must lay there in the morning waiting for it to begin.

That said, I'm not sure what you can do because you are likely to get the same reaction you are getting here. If a prospective buyer did come and ask, I would certainly mention it and let them do what they liked with the information.

I was in the yard when a couple came to look at the house for sale next door and they came over and asked me about the property. I told them about our shared drainage issues and showed them how previous owners had attempted to ameliorate them.

The noise might not bother everyone. Who knows. I guess I wouldn't make a point to mention it unless asked but I don't think the OP is a busybody
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate