Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 04:38 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,336,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
You see I live in a sanctuary city. Both neighbors with homes for sale have had an endless parade of hispanics working on their homes for years. If not painting and yard work on the outside it has been vans of women house cleaners doing the inside. It really has offended me to have to see these law breakers being given money by the yuppy millennial types who live there. They show disrespect to me , I might show some disrespect back..... AND LITTLE CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT.. THIS IS WHAT ITS LIKE LIVING IN A SANCTUARY CITY. Trump has even mentioned how wrong it is for the citizens of my city to have to deal with crowds of illegal aliens here and nothing being done about it and my yuppy neighbors are part of the problem..
So you object to people doing honest work because they are Hispanic? And exactly how do you know these people are illegal?

My guess is you've already shown a lot of disrespect towards these people.

And frankly I don't give a d*** about Trump's opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 05:20 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,949,516 times
Quote:
You see I live in a sanctuary city. Both neighbors with homes for sale have had an endless parade of hispanics working on their homes for years. If not painting and yard work on the outside it has been vans of women house cleaners doing the inside. It really has offended me to have to see these law breakers being given money by the yuppy millennial types who live there. They show disrespect to me , I might show some disrespect back..... AND LITTLE CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT.. THIS IS WHAT ITS LIKE LIVING IN A SANCTUARY CITY. Trump has even mentioned how wrong it is for the citizens of my city to have to deal with crowds of illegal aliens here and nothing being done about it and my yuppy neighbors are part of the problem..
So move somewhere else. Problem is, you don't know which of those people (yes, they are people) is legal and which may not be. You could report them to ICE.

But they are moving away... so I would think you would want to encourage that. Maybe the new owners will clean and paint their own houses.

Personally, I don't believe the guy with anything he says. One of the big newspapers (who has enough staff to keep track of such things) has clocked him at over 16000 lies or mis-statements since he entered office.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:24 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,557,771 times
Quote:
The ax that you're looking to grind has a place in a different forum, O.P.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:01 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
Can the moderators get rid of this thread as a troll, racist and hate speech?
did you report it, or just hope a moderator would stumble upon it?

Old 01-28-2020, 03:53 AM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
You can't tell who is here legally and who isn't, just by looking at them. One of my wife's brothers paints houses and does repairs and the yard work. Of course, that's on the 6 houses he owns. Did I mention that my wife, and by extension her brothers, are Hispanic? The family, on both sides, has been here in Texas for about 8 generations.

Quote:
In a major sanctuary city the simple math indicates that MOST ARE ILLEGAL....There is no way to logically look at it otherwise
Your math is sadly very wrong. I suggest going back to school for some remedial education. At the same time, you might look into a class on being a decent human being.

Quote:
President Trump says different my friend.
Trump is seldom correct on anything. Besides, in your world, he's part of the problem, since he hires illegal aliens.

Old 01-28-2020, 04:21 AM

1,185 posts, read 749,869 times
Quote:
President Trump says different my friend.
Then take it to politics.

Old 01-28-2020, 04:22 AM

1,185 posts, read 749,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
did you report it, or just hope a moderator would stumble upon it?
Reported multiple times.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:43 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,974,961 times
It would make the person with the confederate flag an a-hole, but at least they're letting potential buyers know that an a-hole lives next door if someone is trying to sell a house. Maybe that makes the person with the flag a considerate a-hole since they're letting potential buyers know not to buy that house unless they want to live next to an a-hole?

Old 01-28-2020, 03:17 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,825,976 times
I suspect this thread is a hypothetical exaggeration or that the neighbor is doing everything possible to 'tank' the sales of neighbors with expensive homes (??) -- To take it a step further, one wonders who buys/builds "expensive" homes in the type of neighborhood described,... at least without some type of HOA protection.

I suppose there are some nice, expensive neighborhoods which, over the years, fall into disrepair and become low-rent districts. But, the decline in value and sales prices of previously 'expensive homes' gradually follow the neighborhood down. This is not typically a 'sudden event,' as suggested by the OP, nor are the homes still considered "expensive."

Is the intent of this thread primarily to take a shot at 'sanctuary cities' (which, BTW, IMO, is well-deserved)? If so, is this situation hypothetical? -- or how long has the described situation been developing or in-place?

Old 01-28-2020, 04:09 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,118 times
Quote:
What could happen if a person decided to fly the confederate flag in his front yard in spite of the fact several expensive homes are for sale directly across the street. ? Maybe even have a yard party every weekend with lots of drinking, loud country music and cars parked on the grass?
The cars parked on the grass would pissme off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate