Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 09:03 AM

17,710 posts, read 29,823,179 times

Advertisements

Data. From somewhere other than White Plains, NY.

Las Vegas Realtors "reported a total of 3,262 existing local homes, condos and townhomes were sold during January. Compared to the same time last year, January sales were up 15.5% for homes and up 5.4% for condos and townhomes.
…
By the end of January, LVR reported 2,315 single-family homes listed for sale without any sort of offer. That’s down 52.8% from one year ago. For condos and townhomes, the 847 properties listed without offers in January represent a 40.3% drop from one year ago."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 10:04 AM

86 posts, read 60,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
That's largely because PA isn't currently a "sexy" state.

I am surprised at how much valuations have shot up in my neck of the woods. There isn't a huge influx of outside interest. Rates were low two years ago. The local economy is much weaker. We're hours away from any other metro of significance.

Yes, TN has low taxes.
The state may not be sexy, but the city of Philadelphia is. I continue to get letters and solicitations from realtors, prospective buyers, and brokers for my home in Manayunk. I don't know honestly how some of them have obtained my personal phone number I refinanced last year which probably put me on the radar for some of the other communication. Philadelphia is sexy for a number of reasons. Increased filming in the city, including popular reality shows (***** Eye, Married at First Sight) and a cosmopolitan city with a reasonable cost of living is always going to be desirable.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:55 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times
single family inventory is down and their prices are up but condos are plentiful and relatively inexpensive

https://public.tableau.com/views/Sta...viz_share_link

Old 02-10-2021, 01:14 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times
Austin area - friend's house went on the market last week. They received 27 offers the first day and ended up selling for $50K over list price. House was listed at $525K

In my subdivision, the average home price has gone up 49.6% in the last 3 months.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:17 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2Me View Post
The state may not be sexy, but the city of Philadelphia is. I continue to get letters and solicitations from realtors, prospective buyers, and brokers for my home in Manayunk. I don't know honestly how some of them have obtained my personal phone number I refinanced last year which probably put me on the radar for some of the other communication. Philadelphia is sexy for a number of reasons. Increased filming in the city, including popular reality shows (***** Eye, Married at First Sight) and a cosmopolitan city with a reasonable cost of living is always going to be desirable.
I live in Austin now but am from the Philly 'burbs. People are looking to buy there and there is just absolutely no inventory. One of my good friends from high school owns a real estate company in my home town, and she said the only way people can get a house is to know someone who is selling and get it before it ever hits the market.

BTW, I LOVE Manayunk. It's been a desirable area for a long time. I'm guessing now even more so.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:29 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Check out Bellingham, WA where median home price is now $520k. Many of the homes listed are pending. I am glad we bought years ago because we could only afford the bottom tier today.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ily-home/sby-1

Old 02-11-2021, 03:43 AM

788 posts, read 1,742,218 times
Are there any buyers markets right now in the US? Where are prices escalating the least?

Old 02-11-2021, 04:07 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
Are there any buyers markets right now in the US? Where are prices escalating the least?
In areas where people don’t want to live , prices are falling.

Like the saying there is always a bull market somewhere , there are always undesirable or out of favor areas somewhere as well.

The end of the list have fallen

https://www.yahoo.com/news/50-housin...090000594.html

Old 02-11-2021, 08:05 AM

899 posts, read 540,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2Me View Post
This is happening in most of America. It's not unique to Philadelphia. Dull, boring, sexy, glamorous, all places are having hot markets.

I moved to the Baltimore suburbs and inventory is shrinking as we speak, with multiple offers on any decent houses. Only the very overpriced languish on the market.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:03 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
14.9 percent

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-hom...150016170.html

40 percent of FHA loans have down payment assistance. And the accepted credit scores long ago plumbed the depths of the previous bubble.

That explains the Biden administration proposal. The FHA and the states are already helping just about everyone they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate