Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 05:35 PM

14,521 posts, read 12,155,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Now, I figure I need to check my google reviews, my yelp reviews, etc, now, as he posted multiples on Yelp, which Yelp actually removed. He even spoofed Diana Holbrook to leave one from PNW, and when that came down, he duplicated it in SFO Yelp.

Google ethic is similar to his, and that "review" stands.

He did???

Old 03-17-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I think I nailed it, Bo.
Identical modus operandi and avoidance of truth, obsessiveness with half-truth and obsession for CD.

I hadn't made the connection before... but maybe! He did always have a talent for starting really long threads debating the most frivolous of minutiae!

Old 03-17-2021, 05:39 PM

43,332 posts, read 77,188,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
He did???
Yeah.
It was pathetic.
He was always soft on you, you being a Blessed Peacemaker and all that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I hadn't made the connection before... but maybe! He did always have a talent for starting really long threads debating the most frivolous of minutiae!
Among other things, the faux dismay that "professional realtors" would not mouth the words he did, and did not revere his insights.
Exactly just_because.

Old 03-17-2021, 05:59 PM

110 posts, read 75,639 times
I’m not someone else, FWIW. I literally just started this account to research some real estate options because it was recommended to me. I’m sorry you have had such bad experiences with previous posters. On the flip side, you all aren’t the most tactful, polite, or reasonable group to deal with. Maybe your messaging is good but delivery not so well-received? You have seemed to boil a very legitimate real estate concern, that I’m sure many in my shoes have, down to an oversimplified explanation that naturally pits opposing viewpoints against eachother. Even Mike’s 2013 post quoted the negatives of sellers taking advantage of a frenzied market, so it is obvious there are many layers to this issue. Perhaps this is just not the balanced response people expect from professionals representing their industry. Telling people “they’re crazy” is rarely the expert opinion people seek from professional advisors.

Last edited by Cubby60611; 03-17-2021 at 06:10 PM..

Old 03-17-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah.
It was pathetic.
He was always soft on you, you being a Blessed Peacemaker and all that...

Among other things, the faux dismay that "professional realtors" would not mouth the words he did, and did not revere his insights.
Exactly just_because.

Yes, you may be right! Well, I'm glad you recognized it was NOT me. Yikes.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:22 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,235,076 times
Quote:
I think I nailed it, Bo.
Identical modus operandi and avoidance of truth, obsessiveness with half-truth and obsession for CD.
all I know is I truly hope that whoever just_because was or is does not move to NC and we have to deal with him.

I will say, the whole "practicing law" angle seems to differentiate them, but I haven't been as engaged with Cubby - here or on our little corner of CD.

Last edited by BoBromhal; 03-17-2021 at 06:59 PM..

Old 03-17-2021, 07:15 PM

347 posts, read 428,022 times
I only made it through the first 7 pages, so I’m sure this was covered in the other 30 pages. But, this is why you read the disclosure in advance of making an offer. Almost every disclosure form I’ve ever read includes how old major mechanical systems are, how old the roof is, if there has been foundation issues, and if there has been water leaks.

I am house hunting right now, and my expectation is that an inspection is for my information, not as a point of negotiation. Heck in this market, some people don’t even have the luxury of including an inspection contingency.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby60611 View Post
Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that was the connotation that you were referring to. OK, if that’s not your position, then would you agree that sellers do not have the right to take advantage of the current market and provide no repairs or credits?
all I can say is that the market in 2014 (was it? or 2012?) is very different from today.

I give very different advice now than I did then (and for me, all the way back to 1998)

Which is one very important reason, IMO, why it's best to find a Realtor that has operated across a variety of markets. Because, while I know "how it used to be" - and thus can relate someone who last bought/sold a house in 2014 - I also understand HOW things have changed and what that means for my clients getting into the market as Buyers or Sellers NOW.

Hopefully, none of the agents on this forum are telling their Sellers "Oh, don't worry, you don't have to do ****. We'll just put a sign in the yard and slap it on MLS and you get to do ANYTHING you want!"

And I don't think they are, though with 1MM Realtors out there, there's sure to be several that way.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea1420 View Post
I only made it through the first 7 pages, so I’m sure this was covered in the other 30 pages. But, this is why you read the disclosure in advance of making an offer. Almost every disclosure form I’ve ever read includes how old major mechanical systems are, how old the roof is, if there has been foundation issues, and if there has been water leaks.

I am house hunting right now, and my expectation is that an inspection is for my information, not as a point of negotiation. Heck in this market, some people don’t even have the luxury of including an inspection contingency.
because your market, and to the point of the thread, both current "practices" and contract are not the same as the other 50 states or 1,000's of markets.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:50 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,241,142 times
People are taking this too personally. I've been guilty of that many times myself. Let's let it go, find a new topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate