Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 07:02 PM

125 posts, read 121,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
He's been calling for a market crash for over a year now, so I'm not sure how much faith I'd put into the accuracy of his statements.
Yes I have been calling it, and massive shock, it’s starting. The party can’t go on forever, regardless of the government duck tape. The FOMO has worn off and now those who frenzy purchased are already holding the bag and will be for probably a solid decade or more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 08:15 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
He's been calling for a market crash for over a year now, so I'm not sure how much faith I'd put into the accuracy of his statements.
he's been hoping for one. as far as we know, he still hasn't bought since starting looking in Feb '20.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
This is the area I live in, and he's not making this up.

A quick look around zillow confirms. There are tons of places with recent cuts. A lot more inventory and houses are sitting longer too.

I know zestimates are not typically accurate, but in Virginia Beach and the surrounding areas, the zestimate peaked in May and has been falling at a pretty fast rate ever since.

Here's a good example:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...81356434_zpid/
looks like that house was worth (per Zillow) about $750-$770K. Somebody tried for $825K.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:42 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,144,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDlife View Post
Yes I have been calling it, and massive shock, it’s starting. The party can’t go on forever, regardless of the government duck tape. The FOMO has worn off and now those who frenzy purchased are already holding the bag and will be for probably a solid decade or more.
Funny thing is, most of the folks posting here who are scattered about the country are NOT seeing what you reference.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:49 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Houses in my area are still moving quickly, albeit with small reductions. The frenzy is over though but it's like a 5% correction after it's gone up like 20+% so a bit of a wash. Average price per square foot is still much higher than when I bought at the end of last year, and new construction comes with MASSIVE premiums.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:15 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,387,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Houses in my area are still moving quickly, albeit with small reductions. The frenzy is over though but it's like a 5% correction after it's gone up like 20+% so a bit of a wash. Average price per square foot is still much higher than when I bought at the end of last year, and new construction comes with MASSIVE premiums.
^^^^
This.

Things seem to have settled down a bit from April and May, but the market is still moving quite briskly.

RM

Old 07-07-2021, 11:46 AM

1,185 posts, read 1,504,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
looks like that house was worth (per Zillow) about $750-$770K. Somebody tried for $825K.
Aren't you the real estate agent that said zestimates are worthless? Yet here you are quoting them. Ironic.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:03 PM

125 posts, read 121,974 times
Quote:
Aren't you the real estate agent that said zestimates are worthless? Yet here you are quoting them. Ironic.
They’re only worthless when it’s not supporting his opinion.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
oh, they are of little value because of their (in)accuracy. But it's all we have to go on for a specific example.

If I were a member of the relevant Tidewater MLS, I could be precise.

In this case, clearly it wasn't worth close to $825K, because it would have either sold or they wouldn't have needed to drop it so much.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:51 PM

110 posts, read 75,571 times
What do people think actually happened to all those first-time home buyers that excitedly entered the market this spring, only to have their hopes dashed and realize their chances of finding their dream home were tragically slim? You think they went back to their benevolent landlords, explained the situation, and were generously granted month-to-month extensions to give time for the market to normalize? They are all just sitting around now, in a state of flux, patiently waiting with fingers crossed? Those potential buyers are old news, my friends! A big wedge of the demand pie just got consumed by the rental market until next year. Inventory or no inventory, don’t count on those inflated Zillow estimates to last for much longer…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate