Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 11:37 AM

2,422 posts, read 1,546,198 times

Advertisements

Anyone else getting inundated with offers from investors?

I must have gotten on some marketer's list. I get between 2 & 6 contacts a day to purchase my rental properties in NE FL. It's been a mix of robocalls, phone calls & text messages.

At first I was answering the phone calls. Now I ignore a few area codes when they pop up. I ask them to remove my name from their list. But the calls keep on a coming.

I've even gotten text offers to buy properties that I don't own but have ties to the address. The other day I got a text offer to purchase a property with an address I'm not sure where it is.

I guess the up side of all this is my properties are showing crazy increased value on zillow and realtor.com.

I'll be ready to sell a few in the next 3-4 years. I hope the prices will maintain today's levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 12:04 PM

11,844 posts, read 34,492,944 times
Nothing will stay the same for that long.

Old 12-30-2021, 05:17 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,073,987 times
Sell while the prices are high. We decided to sell our rentals, we were tired of being landlords. Right now is a good time to walk away with profit.

Old 12-30-2021, 05:43 AM

865 posts, read 444,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
Anyone else getting inundated with offers from investors?

I must have gotten on some marketer's list. I get between 2 & 6 contacts a day to purchase my rental properties in NE FL. It's been a mix of robocalls, phone calls & text messages.

At first I was answering the phone calls. Now I ignore a few area codes when they pop up. I ask them to remove my name from their list. But the calls keep on a coming.

I've even gotten text offers to buy properties that I don't own but have ties to the address. The other day I got a text offer to purchase a property with an address I'm not sure where it is.

I guess the up side of all this is my properties are showing crazy increased value on zillow and realtor.com.

I'll be ready to sell a few in the next 3-4 years. I hope the prices will maintain today's levels.
You think you have it bad. I have several dozen FL properties and contacts are endless. I could fill a landfill with the mail and have had to silence my phone. And of course not a single contact comes with an actual offer. They keep getting more an more creative.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:32 AM

1,085 posts, read 697,804 times
Yeah. It’s kind of funny really. There’s a lot of institutional money that is looking for a home and they’re picking REITs as a landing spot.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:48 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,069,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joylush View Post
You think you have it bad. I have several dozen FL properties and contacts are endless. I could fill a landfill with the mail and have had to silence my phone. And of course not a single contact comes with an actual offer. They keep getting more an more creative.
I don't understand this attitude. Inventory around here is pretty non-existent so I often reach out to property owners to ask if they'd be willing to sell and a large percentage of them respond back in this manner. Why would you think someone would just send you an offer? Before you purchased these properties did you not at least see them? Wouldn't you think any other potential buyer would want to do the same?

Guys . . . if you're getting these inquiries it means 1 of 3 things . . .

1) You're being contacted by a scammer

2) You're being contacted by someone who wants to try and list your property

3) You're being contacted by someone who actually wants to buy your property but who would actually buy a property sight unseen? Not many people.

Old 12-30-2021, 11:11 AM

10,994 posts, read 22,031,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I don't understand this attitude. Inventory around here is pretty non-existent so I often reach out to property owners to ask if they'd be willing to sell and a large percentage of them respond back in this manner. Why would you think someone would just send you an offer? Before you purchased these properties did you not at least see them? Wouldn't you think any other potential buyer would want to do the same?

Guys . . . if you're getting these inquiries it means 1 of 3 things . . .

1) You're being contacted by a scammer

2) You're being contacted by someone who wants to try and list your property

3) You're being contacted by someone who actually wants to buy your property but who would actually buy a property sight unseen? Not many people.
What, you mean you don't just go around mailing people offers without discussing price or finding out if they are interested in selling first?

You know what's even better than mailing an unsolicited offer? Mailing an offer with the price blank so the seller can fill in whatever number they want.

*Sarcasm folks - if you don't get it your meter is broken*

Old 12-30-2021, 12:49 PM

8,577 posts, read 12,460,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
What, you mean you don't just go around mailing people offers without discussing price or finding out if they are interested in selling first?

You know what's even better than mailing an unsolicited offer? Mailing an offer with the price blank so the seller can fill in whatever number they want.

I've received unsolicited written offers which only required my signature. Of course, the offer was for far below market value. The last one was for about 20% of the market value. I guess they must figure that someone will be desperate enough, and dumb enough, to sign such a contract.

Old 12-30-2021, 02:25 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,069,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post

I know! The thought that someone would just make you an offer on your property sight unseen is ludicrous. However, I'd say 9 out of 10 replies to my "do you want to sell your house?" inquiries get a reply of "OK . . . what's the offer?" to which of course I reply "well . . . can my client at least SEE your house first???"

There are plenty of buyers making offers on homes these days without actually stepping foot into the house. However, those houses are listed for sale. There's disclosures, information, photos, a floor plan, maybe a matterport tour, etc., etc., etc. Basically a bunch of information you can use to make a judgement on the house's condition, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
I've received unsolicited written offers which only required my signature. Of course, the offer was for far below market value. The last one was for about 20% of the market value. I guess they must figure that someone will be desperate enough, and dumb enough, to sign such a contract.
Sure. I'll buy your house for 20% of it's value all day long. Let me know when you're ready to sell for that amount.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:37 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,982,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I know! The thought that someone would just make you an offer on your property sight unseen is ludicrous. However, I'd say 9 out of 10 replies to my "do you want to sell your house?" inquiries get a reply of "OK . . . what's the offer?" to which of course I reply "well . . . can my client at least SEE your house first???"

There are plenty of buyers making offers on homes these days without actually stepping foot into the house. However, those houses are listed for sale. There's disclosures, information, photos, a floor plan, maybe a matterport tour, etc., etc., etc. Basically a bunch of information you can use to make a judgement on the house's condition, etc.

Sure. I'll buy your house for 20% of it's value all day long. Let me know when you're ready to sell for that amount.
If someone is asking to buy my house I assume that they have enough information to make an offer.

Otherwise why would they be wasting my time? The investors are first name only or it's the "assistant" who is working for a "private" investor and refuses to name them.

No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate