Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2024, 02:27 AM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times

Advertisements

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/0...ilt-wrong-lot/

"Anger, accusations and legal action are firing up on the Big Island after a construction company built a half-million-dollar house on the wrong property.

The lot owner doesn’t want the house and has endured problems like higher taxes and squatters. Now, to add insult to injury, she’s being sued over someone else’s mistake..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 02:37 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
my buddy owned a house in new jersey …there was an old dilapidated house behind his .

one day he gets a call from the town that the house behind his is actually on his land and must be removed

the house was landlocked now with no access and was actually the original builders home he built for himself while building the development .

the land they discovered was actually part of his .

he started making calls and removal was 35k ….he was freaking out .

the title company agreed to have it removed finally

so mistakes do happen .

my ex wife inherited her mothers home .

the house cleared probate with no problems

we went to refinance it and at the closing the title company asked to see the will .

it read and to my child beth i leave my house and possessions.

the title company stopped the closing .

as far as they were concerned the will was missing the word ONLY as in ONLY CHILD .

they couldn’t understand why it slipped thu probate without affidavits from relatives saying she was an only child .

we had to pay all parties for the day , lost our rate and get affidavits because the will was a canned document used by a family attorney who was not an estate attorney and it was missing verbiage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate