Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 01:30 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times

Advertisements

Barb, I just saw the albums. great pics! I didn't know you had a kitty too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 03:06 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
2,4,6,8...watch our homes de---preciate
3,5,7,9, ...get those buyers in a line

10, 9, 8, 7,sell this house,it will be heaven
6, 5, and then 4, show those lookers to the door
3,2, and 1 ...one good offer'll git her done!

that is my delirous sellers cheer for the day

Old 07-16-2008, 03:54 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
As far as me........the inevitable has happened. DH and I finally had a huge blow-up yesterday on packing away all this stuff. And it was my birthday, so needless to say my dinner out wasn't all that great.
Sorry for the long vent, but I know you all will understand somewhat.

OMG! I very well could have written this post, you two sound like us!
I have so much stuff, of course he reminds me about it all of the time.
Ever since we got to the new house, I've been trying to go through boxes to put stuff away, make it look like less.

Selling is so stressful. You both try to keep your cool but eventually you can't. I'm sorry you threw the piece that broke, but understand why you did it.

Happy birthday

Quote:
Not sure where things are standing right now. He came home from work, slammed down the pull down stairs to the attic and literally threw 2 boxes down the steps and then threw them down to the living room. I had spent most of the day working on HIS computer and downloading stuff so that HIS mother could see it without use of the internet. Thanks?...Nope! I was going to apologize, but I didn't figure it was the right time and frankly I didn't feel like it at the time...

I started packing up MORE stuff (the boxes he threw down) and he decided to come help, but started in on the "I can't believe we have so much stuff, yada, yada, yada...." again, so I just gritted my teeth, felt my blood pressure rise and kept my mouth shut. To hell with apologizing! He is every bit at fault since HE bought a good chunk of the stuff himself, or told me to buy it at the time. He has even admitted to being an enabler, but refuses to accept any blame for it. He tells me that I don't need any more stuff and I totally agree, yet when gift giving time comes around, what does he do??? Buys me more stuff to sit around instead of the useful suggestions that I give him. Well, not this year as we decided the new house is our gifts to each other. Might get a GPS for Christmas, at least that's what I'm hinting for......like that ever made a difference before. Plus I need a phone headset because NC just enacted a hands free law (our new house is 5 miles south of the NC/SC border below Charlotte) and NY, where our daughter lives, has one as well.

And I'm depressed.......my new icon says I have no friends! That's depressing, they need to change the wording on it!
Wow, sounds more and more like us.. does he then have to blow before he starts being nice? Is he like that for 2 weeks, then will be nice for a few months, then bam! again?

Hey, if you want to vent & conpare notes, my DM box is always open.

I hear you on the stuff, bad gifts, not listening to hints and having to smack them on the face with a trout to get the gift you want.

I sent you a friend request. I dislike the icon and think it stinks, makes it like a popularity contest. Makes me feel like I have no love....

Quote:
I am actually going to be moving down to the new house towards the end of September whether this house is sold or not. Taking a truckload down over Labor Day, coming back to do one final garage sale, and then I go back down to live (I already have my SC license plate and driver's license). He will be staying here until we sell and then if he doesn't find a job down there, will rent a small apartment closer to his work. His main office is actually 1.5 hours from our house.....thank goodness for company trucks and telecommuting! And until something happens to his mother, I suspect he won't be looking very hard for one. Anyway, hopefully I will actually get some time then to get my nerves back together and feel peaceful once again. We already have friends down there and I know they won't let me be alone and sulk. And I'll actually be out of this H*** Hole known as western Pennsylvania!!
Do you really think this is going to work out? Sounds like he can make it so that you never sell the house.

btw, I build computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, our lookers yesterday have a house to sell...in New Jersey.
Do you know where in NJ? Some markets are ok while others are the pits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I told our agent this morning I was unhappy with the listing and the pictures and changes need to be made...he is going to shop our price drop around his brokerage, which is pretty good, I also suggested he call the agents for the folks that have already been through and see if that drop would set someone's butt on fire.
Make sure you keep on his butt. Did you find out how long the contract has left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Had over 40 agents come trucking through this afternoon, and their consensus is that the market is going to get worse here and will be quite a while before it starts to recover...and dont' t wait to next spring. lower now, take what you get, while there is still a glimmer of hope.
Be glad you actually had people show up. We had 2 at ours.

Quote:
Our listings on realtor.com and the company site still aren't right. Haven't been since day one. There are duplicate pictures taking up space, and pictures not on there that should be. Although at least it's been showing the front of the house as the main one and not our bedroom or living room! I have given up any hope of having it right.
DM me the listing. I'll see if I can offer you any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
My husband has been wanting to list us on craigslist since our realtor won't do it. I really don't know if he should do it but he wants to see if we get some interest from that since so many people look there. I don't know. I just hope that all of us who have been on the bandwagon for some time that something will come through for us.
Yes, do it. If he knows HTML, he can make a bulleted list. It was pretty easy. DM me if you need help.
You have to be an involved seller these days if you want to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj32 View Post
We talked to our agent again today. She doesn't want to drop the price, said we've had good activity.
If you feel you need to drop the price then tell her to do it. She works for you.

Think of it this way, if you get an offer now, closing is in 4 to 8 weeks.
You need to do it now not later.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:04 PM

650 posts, read 1,207,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
On my T-shirt I want printed "never moving again" lol
That's the spirit! After our last move, I told my DH that when I moved out of THIS house, I'd be IN a box, not carrying one!

Every one of you has my sympathy and prayers. Hopefully the cosmos will shift soon and bring your buyer to you!!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:40 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
Barb, I just saw the albums. great pics! I didn't know you had a kitty too.
Brookdale, I can't take credit for the kitty, she is my grandkitty. She lives with my son and fiance in Sacramento. She is a brat cat...very smart, of course, she is my grandkitty! My future daughter in law is entering her pictures in a local pet contest. This cat is pretty funny, hope they win. Cat's name is Gypsy...

Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Excellent..you are on a roll, girl....unfortunately, it's so true..ugh...but cute anyway!

Old 07-16-2008, 05:00 PM

Default dogmom's update

Ok, agent came by at 10 this morning...had his camera. Started taking pictures and actually asked me what pictures and where...he hemmed and hawed a little about the picture of the front of the house, I think because it's so hot to go outside, but I insisted, I told him it's old, it has the old date on it for cryin out loud..so he did, hope it turns out ok..have not checked the listing yet. Took pictures of the casita, courtyard, office, several views of living room, kitchen was ok from before, bedroom, new pics in all 3 of them.

Also dropped the price to 399,900 from 425,000. He ran comps this morning and our house came at 379,000. We can't win...hopefully going under that 400 price point will get some interest, new or old, if not...we are done...Will withdraw the listing and go with someone else.

There is no date on the listing agreement, he got out of here before I could ask. He left his camera case, so, ah ha! got him. doesn't matter, if we are not happy we will get out of it. Will see what happens.

Wish us luck on our new 'give away' price..I can't believe this is happening but we cant wait to ink a deal, no matter what it is I guess. all offers considered!!!

Is it wine time yet??

Old 07-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj32 View Post
dogmom- I hear ya! Do you mind babysitting my 5 yr old angel on that cruise: )

We talked to our agent again today. She doesn't want to drop the price, said we've had good activity. It is maddening- we had a flurry of activity over hte holiday weekend when we relisted- that was surprising to me and I felt optimistic it was going to happen soon. Now we are below all the new listings on price and our house is PERFECT. The only thing we "could" change is to paint the whole thing boring beige and get rid of our designer colors. But I don't think that will do anything. This whole living in limbo thing is driving me crazy too- I told Dh yesterday I'd either gain 10 lbs from stress eating, become an alcoholic or both. I'm trying to take advantage of summer w/ my daughter and go to pool (which we pre-paid for the year- thank Goodness) and do yoga. I am not sure it is helping. We really want to just slash the price but our realtor thinks it is too soon- I am just anxious b/c we really NEED to close by September 1 or we have to sell off my 401K which with the market, is dropping thousands by the week. We calculated our income and it doesn't cover the 2 large mortgages now and we'll have to pay living expenses out of savings. We are thinking about a bridge loan.

What is the saddest to me of all is that we listed our home back in March to REDUCE our expenses and our DEBT. Look where it has gotten us. I hope it changes quickly and I am thinking of all of us struggling now.

We are getting about 3-4 showings a week I guess. We go there about every other day to air out the home, do yardwork and stage it if there is a showing. The home is impeccable. I think a lot of people are sitting on sidelines. I think the ONLY things selling (and I'm in a very desirable neighborhood) are the fire sale deals. Well, we'll be one of those soon if it keeps going this way.
DJ, they have wonderful child activities on cruises!

I think you should drop the price to the lowest you can go..get it done, I am so tired of messing with all this that is my sage advice...why play games, you need to sell it, you are going to be hurting if you don't. I agree with Roselvr, these agents work for US...if we want to throw an extra percent in there for the buyer agent, drop the price, or toss in a Hawaiian vacation, that is OUR choice, not theirs.

Hey, there's an idea...what about an incentive like a cruise, like at a set price, or even paying the HOA for a year?? do those work?? I am game..

Old 07-16-2008, 05:14 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Yes, throw in what ever you can if you need to sell.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:15 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:

Too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate