Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:05 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,381,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoneK View Post
You are all very nice . Thank you all !!! We are healthy and that is the most important thing. Have a great weekend !!
The market may have stolen some of your equity, but it did not rob you of your positive attitude. I sense you will overcome this temporary, albeit painful set-back. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 11:14 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
You are not alone. I know you heard that a few times already. For those saying to just drop the price to sell it, it's not quite that easy for most who has a mortgage that far exceeds the value of the home. Banks wont work with anyone, they would rather just foreclose. Anyway that's a whole nother another post.

Good luck to you in your move to Texas. I have a job waiting in Houston for me and Im not even bothering to try and sell here since my home is worth less then $100K of the mortgage amount. We are hoping to just rent it and get the hell outta here.

Some good news for you. As bad as the depression is across the country, Texas is one of the bright spots in this horrible economy. Geez once or twice a month I get a letter making me offers for my lake property an hour north of Houston. It has tripled in value in 2 and a half years while my Vegas home value has been sliced in half.

Much luck to you in Dallas.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:24 AM

49 posts, read 224,286 times
He will work as an Audit Manager (CPA) and they offered him 5K for relocation .

Old 08-02-2008, 11:54 AM

472 posts, read 1,710,474 times
Hugs ---> {{{{{ SimoneK }}}}

It sucks, it really does, but "this too shall pass." The DH and I have been married 19 years, we've bought and sold in good markets and in bad. And it has all balanced out, in a weird sort of way. The most important thing, it seems to me, is to try to keep money from affecting your relationships with your DH and family.

You're young, you have your health, you have each other, and good prospects for the future. These things are truly precious. Everything else is just concrete, drywall, and carpet. It's just "stuff," and that can be easily replaced.

Don't love anything that can't love you back.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:58 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
"Don't love anything that can't love you back."

what a cool thing to say!

Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
You are all very nice . Thank you all !!! We are healthy and that is the most important thing. Have a great weekend !!
We sold our home in Pasco county a few months ago. Yes you will take a loss we did about $22,000 what we paid for it in 2004 and with all the upgrades our loss was almost $75,000. You can do it and one suggestion don't let the first offer get away. You can always work a contract out. congrats with your hubby's new job.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:50 PM

99 posts, read 180,284 times
I am sorry about the price on your house-- I agree to price it as low as you are willing to go. Hopefully, when you get to Dallas the house prices here will shock you in a good way compared to Florida. Houses here are pretty affordable

Old 08-03-2008, 08:37 PM

472 posts, read 1,710,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
"Don't love anything that can't love you back."

what a cool thing to say!
Thanks!-- but I'm not sure it's "mine." It may be from Don Aslett, the cleaning guru, I can't remember exactly. (Need to sweep the dustbunnies from my brain! )

Anyway, he's got a lot of wise things to say about life, which might help the OP put this in perspective. I highly recommend his books, they're in the library.

Last edited by scone; 08-03-2008 at 08:55 PM..

Old 08-04-2008, 08:11 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,197,268 times
Quote:
My husband finally got a job in Dallas, Texas .
This is great but we will walk away with a big loss on our home in Orlando. We bought it in 04 for 226K and now we might sell it for 215K or 210K who knws (The agent was here yesterday) . It is just so sad. Our value goes down every day. 50K from last december. I cannot believe it. I am still in shock, couldn't sleep all night. The market was so great when we bought it, we felt so good about it. Now we will rent for the next years. I am done with buying. It was our first home ,I wish I could take it with me. Sorry for crying like a baby.
Simone
Sorry about your situation, but you've realized what many fail to realize, and that's that homes can depreciate. A home is never guaranteed to go up in value. The good news for you is that the loss you took on your sale you can make up on your purchase, since houses in Dallas must be selling for less as well. I would reconsider your decision to rent. This is a great time to buy. Just be careful and take a fixed 30 year, and if you can, with at least 20% down. Good luck.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:42 AM

49 posts, read 224,286 times
Neil0311
Thank you for your words. We won't have 20% for a downpayment after the Sale (if we sell) , we listed our home for 225K but we owe 226K plus realtor fees , stamps etc.
Nothing left after that nightmare. You can take a look at our home. Tell me what you think. MLS ID# O4863452
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate