Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 09:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times

Advertisements

Pixie dust GoldDust.

Hammy this is beyond cold and I cannot believe the number of acidents. You feel the people out here would be used to/be careful on the roads.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Hey fellow campers, we are in negotiations at present, waiting to hear if our offer will be accepted subject to the sale of our home. It may be a bumpy ride or it could be smooth. We could use some collective good energy to push this one through
Welcome Gold*dust! Here's some Christmas dust for you!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:04 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
WeLcOmE GOLDDUST!! Yes there is always room at the CRAZY camp for more campers! We are glad to have you...like I say, just BREATHE, everything will work out. It's a mighty uphill battle at times, this selling and buying venture, but it CAN and DOES happen!! Tell us where youare and hope to go

Stoy- that is SO sad...a difficult thing I can't even begin to imagine the loss of a child. Please tell the family that your friends from a forum send their condolences and prayers for peace...

Texas- ahh pecan tassies, Mama used to make them, oh so good!

That snow last night kept coming down and we are covered. It is really pretty, in that festive holiday way Mindy dog just luvs to prance out there in it & won't even wear her coat!

Well I opened mouth and inserted foot- invited the neighbors over to eat with us this evening Now they have been WONDERFUL neighbors and it is about time I return their hopsitality. I hope my rickety table will hold up!

I mentioned biscuits and sausage gravy, and I heard her drooling into the phone, so I naturally said y'all want to come eat with us??! SO now I have to become a world class chef in what, 6 hrs.??????? Only bought one can of biscuits...yes, can.....so I am gonna dig out the recipes and hope beyond hope I can make some homemade biscuits....too! Haven't made any in a LONG time.Hmm. maybe I will actually put that warming oven to use.....
Good thing I went to the store yesterday. I better get off for now, I need to plan my attack for this impromtu, haha, dinner. This is gonna be a 3 stooge production with me staring in each role!

Y'all be good now!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:08 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Welcome to boot camp Gold dust! Fill us in on your sellers diliamas, nitemares and the good times!

Crazyma I am sure dinner will be fantastic and if truth was known you are probably an excellent chef! Enjoy the company and new friends, everyone needs a good neighbor once in a while.

I so love watching little ones in their stage productions! they are always so cute........

Old 12-16-2008, 11:17 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,690 times
Crazyma- I am sure dinner will be fun. Just sit back and relax with your company. It will be yummy, I am sure. You could always do what my SIL does when company comes- she serves wine or beer ahead of time. I think she wants people to get tipsy so they realize that she doesn't cook well. She has always HATED cooking.

Gold Dust!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:22 AM

959 posts, read 1,825,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Hey fellow campers, we are in negotiations at present, waiting to hear if our offer will be accepted subject to the sale of our home. It may be a bumpy ride or it could be smooth. We could use some collective good energy to push this one through
Welcome to the group! Fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Well I opened mouth and inserted foot- invited the neighbors over to eat with us this evening Now they have been WONDERFUL neighbors and it is about time I return their hopsitality. I hope my rickety table will hold up!

I mentioned biscuits and sausage gravy, and I heard her drooling into the phone, so I naturally said y'all want to come eat with us??! SO now I have to become a world class chef in what, 6 hrs.??????? Only bought one can of biscuits...yes, can.....so I am gonna dig out the recipes and hope beyond hope I can make some homemade biscuits....too! Haven't made any in a LONG time.Hmm. maybe I will actually put that warming oven to use.....
Good thing I went to the store yesterday. I better get off for now, I need to plan my attack for this impromtu, haha, dinner. This is gonna be a 3 stooge production with me staring in each role!

Y'all be good now!
I am sure that your a wonderful cook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Crazyma- I am sure dinner will be fun. Just sit back and relax with your company. It will be yummy, I am sure. You could always do what my SIL does when company comes- she serves wine or beer ahead of time. I think she wants people to get tipsy so they realize that she doesn't cook well. She has always HATED cooking.

Gold Dust!
LOL OMG that made me laugh out loud. I am going to have to try that one out!

Kristine

Old 12-16-2008, 11:41 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,935 times
Thanks to all for the warm welcome It is a waiting game right now to find out the status of our offer on a spec home. I'm just hoping to get pumped up by following others stories.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all and DogMom welcome back.

Painter I flew in to NJ last year and gave my son my $10,000 diamond to be mounted in her ring (it's over 100 yrs. old and a family heirloom). Well my daughter was getting her hair done last week and it turns out the future uses same beautician.

She told my dtr. that when they admired her ring-she said they'll never get this back! Well my dtr said -yes we will, with her finger still attached when I cut if off.
All I can say is Wow. I can't swear on CD or can I?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:58 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Sorry I havent had the chance to catch up on anyone. Our house is officially off the market. Sad to not see it online. Never thought it'd go like this but no matter what today is another day closer to moving out west....
Just an update on my student's sister. She passed away over the weekend. Some teachers and staff will go out over the next few days to visit. What horrible timing.
Hope everyone stays warm this week, well except for you Floridians and Dogmom on your cruise, hope you brought us all back some warm sunshine!!!!
Oh Stoymonkey I am so very sorry to hear that but she is in a much better place. It is the ones left behind that feel the pain.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 PM

620 posts, read 1,951,690 times
Just wanted to share the news with you all FINALLY...

Well, at 6:15 this evening, we will FINALLY getting the keys to our new home! I am feeling all kinds of emotions right now. Hopefully, the SELLER did what he said he would do and the home is the way we saw it before closing over a week ago. ( YOU KNOW OUR SAGA!)

Thank you all for just being here on a daily basis!

Each of you are an incredible! We are an INCREDIBLE BUNCH!

This journey is winding down. I know some of you are on this roller coaster ride, but just hang on tight. We all will make it until the end with the help of each other.

Sending you all lots of hugs and lots of pixie dust.

A big thank you again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate