Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2008, 03:38 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times

Advertisements

yah hoo, a stack of 20 books from the library ( lots of non fiction) and a huge bottle of Kamora, and I am set...it's almost 5 o'clock LOL

I hope every one is set to be merry!

Painter did you make DIL a pan of Exlax brownies or fudge????? HEHEHEHEHE
later

Old 12-24-2008, 07:37 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Got to CA finally. We got up at 4 and left at 6. We got to the airport a little after 7 everything so far was fine even security. We got on the plane at 9 and take off was at 930 well we were all seated and the pilot told us the weather in SF and flying time great all is well but then he added that we would have a two hour delay on the runway since another plane had to take our spot. We were told that the storms in the north east were coming in after being delayed. Who cares we could have stayed in the terminal for those two hours and then our plane could have taxied up to board us. So we were on that plane for 8 1/2 hours. I know why they do that since the plane left the terminal it was on time but on the other end it was late.

Merry Christmas to everyone and i am going to track Santa.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:42 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Lorrie, glad you had a safe flight, enjoy your family.

No didn't do the brownies, lol, did that in Home Ec. class in high school though! Hated that class and the teacher, got kicked out for a couple of stunts. I was told I would never know how to keep a home up, yea right.

Anyway just wanted to wish everyone of you a very Merry Christmas!!!!! Hope you have a blessed day with family and friends.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:06 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
You to Painter. Have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:57 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Lorrie, glad you made it to CA..Our son finally landed in Portland at 5 pm. and then the plane sat on the tarmac for 40 min according to hubby. then try to find his suitcase, i guess it was a mess there...he was supposed to land at 3, got delayed in Sacramento and thought maybe they would cancel the flight, but then all of a sudden they started boarding and he is here now. I have been tracking Santa..kind of a cool fun thing, wish we had that when the kids were young...

Have a wonderful Christmas and maybe I'll see some of you on here tomorrow..I will be home early in the morning then in the afternoon. I am making chicken enchiladas, refried beans and salad for dinner tomorrow..will share with my uncle, my cousin that is living with him and her daughter, along with dh and son.. breakfast over at my other cousins tomorrow morning..want to just enjoy the time with hubby and son...

Ok i am heading to bed before Santa shows up..oh Santa I have been a very, very good girl, lol!

Old 12-24-2008, 11:16 PM

Lorrie so glad you made it out wesT...Why in the world woudln't they at least let you comeoff the plane and wait!! that is horrible to get you on there and literally sit that long! but you are there now, have some fun!
Barb- glad your boy made it enjoy your time....are you SURE you've been good?? LOL I know you have!!

We had some HOT FUN tonite...went over to neighbors, Connie and Toms....Their Advent wreath on the table in the breakfast area caught fire!!!!!
We were sitting in the living room and then the most obnoxious fire alarm went off...Connie said that darn alarm, got up went in the doorway to the den , must have looked toward the kitchen area, cuz we heard oh ****, Tom!! He went running the other way thru the dining, into the kit. the wreath & candles had burst into flame!!! on the table!
Connnie was grabbing stuff and opening the deck door, and I grabbed the plate of cookies from Tom, Howard was pulling chairs back, and Tom swooped it up in the table cloth and ran out on the deck, threw it down and Connie brought jugs of water to throw on it!!
It was something else! I got a wet towel and was putting out the sparks on the floor....And Connie got the sparks still on the table........ Wow it was hectic there a few minutes...The only damage beside the total loss of the wreath and tablecloth, was some scorch marks on the formica table top, and need to clean the light over the table... Thank God the fire alarm went off, we smelled nothing...

then another weird thing later...Connie and I were talking in the kitchen and the guys were in the den. And as plain as day I heard someone say Sara, I hesitated talking....and again I heard Sara....I turned to look to my right to say what..nothing...Connie said what? I said someone called my name ..twice, did you hear it? She said no, but you looked like you were looking for someone....I couldn't really recognize that voice other than male... It was really freaky< i am perplexed.......very odd...I don't really 'believe' in stuff like that...but I HEARD it.

HO HO HO Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-25-2008, 12:27 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
CrazyMa,
Scary about the fire. Thank God for smoke alarms.

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas. I have a fever (just within the last hour or so) and am achy all over, but I'm going to try to have a good Christmas anyway. Can't wait for the kids to open their presents.

Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-25-2008, 12:29 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Cool I'm NOT hiding, I'm just laying LOW !!!

Actually, I was throwing a PITY PARTY and now I'm turning it into a BIRTHDAY Party instead for Jesus !!!!

You see my dear camper friends, I was supposed 2B in Hilton Head on the beach right now with family , but LSS (long story short ), things did not go as planned and here I sit at my computer dreaming of water and sand . Let's just say a WHITE Christmas was not quite what I had in mind this year !!!

Blessings 2 ALL of you this CHRISTmas and New Year and whatever your situation, my prayers are that you have the strength to endure whatever hardships you may encounter in the journey we all are on !!!!

Peace Joy Love Faith & Hope

~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all! Hope you have all your plans secure and getting excited with it being Christmas Eve! Since my daughter had to pull a double and then some, she is still sleeping, we are now going to have dinner early. My dil will be coming now, she will eat and run, seeeeee I am trying hard to play nice here. How hateful am I to say I am not real thrilled? Anyway my son is happy with me now, and it is Christmas right?

HDL so nice to see you here, why are you hiding?
Crazy, So many talents, geeze I am jealous!
Oh Raising, Where are you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>How is the house coming along?
Well it is gonna be quiet for awhile I am afraid. Though my Agent called and said we have some one very serious about the little house soooo........we will see just how serious.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:35 AM

Merry Christmas to all the dear campers, and their families, and all who might hike into CRAZY camp!

here is a little something about what I think was the best Christmas present ever, sent to each and everyone of us, and so simple to accept, with a childlike faith........

YouTube - O Holy Night

God Bless.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:23 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Smile Merry Xmas...

all you CRAZY campers!! We have our listing appt to list our house on Sat. so hopefully we will have a quick sale and be able to move into our new home soon, (crossing fingers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate