Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2008, 12:54 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

Texas...well I if ever want to go to a 'dude' ranch, I know who to call LOL for company
I'm waiting for your telephone call!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Okay let me tell you her side of Christmas schedule
They do Christmas Eve at lunch then church dinner & ???
Christmas day, breakfast at mom's then lunch next door at grandmas, then dinner at the Uncles, all of the same people at all three houses.
I do Christmas Eve dinner so that everyone can go to the other sides parents on Christmas day, that is the way my mom did it and I continued the tradition. So if they have 5 family get togethers in 2 days with the same people would it hurt to skip one?
Painter, you dil is just being totally unfair. What a witch.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:02 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
wow painter, you son musta finally given them a branch on the family tree LOL...heehee

Lacey I kept a few pics of DGD out, if that sidetracked someone then oh, they have bigger problems than liking a house!

Hey Hammy- we told our agents last this summer we would consider a 'swap', as in if someone wanted a bigger house, we would consider their smaller house. And voila everyone could be happy.
IT WAS like trying to explain the theory of relativity to a herd of stumps. HUH??? you want to do what????? The broker was so freaking stupid about it, like but that will limit who looks at your house.........NO IT WON'T , it is STILL for sell....I said just put something on the MLS noting that client is interested in downsizing , if someone wants to up size, there might be 'swapability"...or something to that effect.
You would of thought I was speaking Greek. I tell ya, <some> agents need to think outside the proverbial box and be willing to try new ideas.Sheeesh.
I actually wound up calling agents on several smaller homes we thought might be possible...but a couple couldn't swing ours and some were going out of the area.....there was one very possible, but they had just done an offer with contigency on what they wanted to move to...
did have 2 calls from Craigs, but the houses weren't in the right areas...

Ya I have all kinds of tricks up my sleeves haa haa

Yahoo, I found a Roth acct./mutual fund/stock I forgot about!! and it still has money!!! I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I won't have to live in a box...if the good Lord'willing and the creek don'r rise...I guess leaving stuff alone sometimes is the best plan....

I can't get it together to go out haha, so just messing around.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:10 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Just found out that my husband's father died. TOugh situation....His father left one day (met someone else after 45 years of marriage! (his parents divorced 15 years ago.) and his father never tried to contact....except once last year...*when he found out he had cancer (the father had cancer that is)....never had return address or anything..

Sad, I will say. Say a prayer for him ! thank you all!

Merry Xmas to all! My twins had a half day at school and now on vacation ..... I wish you all a very Merry Christmas... and Happy, Healthy New Year in 2009! and wish for all of us to sell our homes so we can talk about better things!!

Old 12-23-2008, 01:20 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
NJ...that is a tough situation. I feel for your husband. How do you react? Prayers going upward now.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
NJ, my sympathy and prayers for your father in law and husband..wow a horrible time of year to pass away, not like any time is good, I guess.

Painter, oh come on...I would get sick of seeing the same people for two days straight..sounds like a mammas girl? What does your son say, I know once they marry they stick with the wife's side. I hope that doesn't happen to me I am perfectly willing to share... I have to tell you, after hubby's parents passed away it was a relief to have him back to myself and the kids..his dad passed away in 1992, and hubby was the only sibling still in Southern CA and he worked near his mom's house. I can't tell you how many times he went to work early to check on her, take her to the market whatever. I didn't mind but she was such an odd duck. She got alzheimer's and went into a nursing home in 2001 and I hate to say it but it was almost a relief to have him back to myself...selfish, I know..but we both worked and didnt see each other much to begin with...And she went out of state to a nursing home near her daughter..I know sounds mean, but it was a load lifted off of us. And she was one of 'those' that wanted the whole family at the holidays all the time and if you didn't do it then you were crap. When the boys were little, we went over there Christmas eve, had Christmas in our own home, whoever wanted to come could come over. Gee i am getting kind of ticked off all over again, lol.

What was I talking about to begin with???

Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Oh I know...you know we were thinking about heading down to Sac after the first of the year to start house hunting..Do you all think it's too soon? I wonder if prices are going to keep dropping like I keep hearing? I am anxious to have a 'real' house again, but not get 'taken'. The whole thing is scarin me to death, if we were both still able to work, it wouldn't be a big deal, but what we have, is what we have. Damn I hate this uncertainty.

Anyway, guess I am looking for some advice, answers, whatever...maybe we should just keep paying the storage and stay put for a while. We are not that cramped in here, or maybe it's just getting used to it.

I dunno, think I will go lay down for a while and mull it over..Hubby out running errands..maybe I'll have a good cry, I feel one coming on..

Talk to you later friends..

Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
OH Socks, that is a tough one..so sorry to hear.Please tell you hubby he has our condolences... pray everyone involved can set aside any differences and be cordial and supportive during this sad time...

ah families.......

Old 12-23-2008, 01:53 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Oh NJSocks-how very sad for your hubby. All the years wasted.

Painter you have a very touchy, heartbreaking situation. One freakin meal can't be with you?

Old 12-23-2008, 03:26 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Okay let me tell you her side of Christmas schedule
They do Christmas Eve at lunch then church dinner & ???
Christmas day, breakfast at mom's then lunch next door at grandmas, then dinner at the Uncles, all of the same people at all three houses.
I do Christmas Eve dinner so that everyone can go to the other sides parents on Christmas day, that is the way my mom did it and I continued the tradition. So if they have 5 family get togethers in 2 days with the same people would it hurt to skip one?
Gee painter I know what you are feeling. Christmas Eve was supposed to be my time. It would be nice if she could skip one of the 5 get togethers but what can you do. Nothing. We will be in CA on Christmas Eve and I darn well not go to dd MIL for THEIR xmas eve. Hubby and I will have a quiet dinner and we will be tired anyway.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:32 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
This packing is for the birds. I should have two sets of luggage one for flying and one for driving. I have to go through my carry on and Garment bag to make sure I have not left any no,no's in the luggage for plane travel. We have to get up at 4am and leave for the airport at 6. So Merry Christmas to all.

Love this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate