Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 02:53 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
What part of PA are you coming to? I live in Pittsburgh.
I live in Armstrong Co., just NE of Pittsburgh.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:27 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Millie Glad you found Crazy Camp Glad to see you and hope all is well.

someone repped me after stumbling over the campsite...HEY YOU, drop on in and say howdy if ya want! All are welcome...basically if you are human and breathing

Now those cowboys are something else. Have y'all ever heard those cowboy poets? here is a link to something you gals might like, and horselovers too.
YouTube - Cowboy Poets

If I could find me one that looked like Tom Selleck..........

What is UP with this cold weather! I can't remember last year, but I am starting to remember what I DID like about Miami! Here is little Cozy bear dropping in to say say HI...finished him up and am working on the old doll now. Found a wig and it's on its way!CRAZY Camp #3: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-bear.jpg

BBL

Old 11-22-2008, 04:59 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I live in Armstrong Co., just NE of Pittsburgh.
How long will you be here?

Old 11-22-2008, 05:02 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,486,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Pleasanton and then Danville to 2004. You moved the year after we moved to Pleasanton and the mall was being built. If we needed to go to the mall we had to go to Concord. In all the states we have Lived I have never found a mall that I loved as much as the stoneridge mall in Pleasanton.
I loved Pleasanton. Went to the Pleasanton Fair every year. I am sure it has grown alot since I left there. Years ago I had a boyrfiend in Walnut Creek too. Sometimes I miss CA, but mostly just the weather....not all the people

Old 11-22-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Painter- they were looking at houses in our neighborhood, several priced between 200 and 250K. We're lots above it.
Chickrae-I'd love to hear about your log home since our plan is to build one!
Lacey-Hope you get great news!
Ours is a pretty basic log home, nothing like the ones on HGTV. It was built in the late 80's. We are in the process of upgrading everything. The nice thing about a log home is you have all the outside walls that are so pretty and you don't have to hang pictures or decorations....it's cozy looking too. Our home is surrounded by about 100 trees that were really tall until the 2007 ice storm.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:29 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
someone repped me after stumbling over the campsite...HEY YOU, drop on in and say howdy if ya want! All are welcome...basically if you are human and breathing
I repped you, but I think I signed (TG@H)....

Old 11-22-2008, 05:29 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Dang it Lacey Where are you???? We need to know how it went!

I love the looks of cabins but as often as I like to change things I worry about living with just logs forever. Now I am looking at barn houses! I am researching unconventional surfaces and finishes which to me is interesting and I have started a list of products/manufacturers. So far I have come up with an estimate of 50K for 1400sf, not incl. land, fence & barn. Exciting!!! Just looking at green and economical alternatives.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:32 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Ours is a pretty basic log home, nothing like the ones on HGTV. It was built in the late 80's. We are in the process of upgrading everything. The nice thing about a log home is you have all the outside walls that are so pretty and you don't have to hang pictures or decorations....it's cozy looking too. Our home is surrounded by about 100 trees that were really tall until the 2007 ice storm.
Large or small there is just "something" about a log home. I love the natural look of the wood logs and they are going to be around long after most homes built today. I also really like the log furniture! I saw a 4 poster bed that was so beautiful!!! I have been looking at the modular log homes too. Once they are put together you can't tell the difference.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Large or small there is just "something" about a log home. I love the natural look of the wood logs and they are going to be around long after most homes built today. I also really like the log furniture! I saw a 4 poster bed that was so beautiful!!! I have been looking at the modular log homes too. Once they are put together you can't tell the difference.
I would love to get a 4 poster log bed. I do want to wait till we move though....less to move. Oh I bet modular would be the way to go too. We are having someone work on our outside logs as the original owner never sealed them....now that is expensive.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:50 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I loved Pleasanton. Went to the Pleasanton Fair every year. I am sure it has grown alot since I left there. Years ago I had a boyrfiend in Walnut Creek too. Sometimes I miss CA, but mostly just the weather....not all the people
We never missed a year going to the fair. That was so much fun. When we first lived there Pleasanton was such a small town. If you were to see it now you wouldn't believe it. They did keep the Town quaint though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate