Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 06:01 PM

620 posts, read 1,950,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
let them come, and if they show up as you sit to dinner, just say pass the gravy please

and make an offer...

Great minds do think alike. Tell them they can experience their first holiday in THEIR new home! They can live through the holiday in the home without trying to envision it in their heads.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:49 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,329 times
HDL! Right on my friend!!!!!!!!!!! i AM SO SORRY ABOUT your doggie! They are definitely like our "kids"!

I am thankful for being able to SEE and HEAR. All the money in the world doesn't matter if you don't have those two things!

I am thankful for having healthy twins!
I am thankful for having a roof over my head (even if I want it sold!)
CRAZYMA'S JINGLES FOR MAKING ME SANE.

so let me ask again!
What are everyone's big plans for Turkey Day?????

I have a dilemma. My aunt *who I am really not close to anymore lol* asked us to dinner -had told me a month ago" I will see you for Thanksgiving". I said, oh my hub is working 15 hr. days...so I thnk we are going to stay home this year." and she just gave a blank stare! so I left it! lol...and she hasn't called. It's also my husband's bday...so really, it's his bday wish to stay home and I can respect that!!! Would YOU feel guilty for not going?

Old 11-23-2008, 06:52 PM

NJsocks, I sold my trees last Nov at a yard sale, didn't put one up last yr and now I am looking for one and my gosh they are expensive! May not have one this yr at the rate things are going.

Painter! I should send you one of mine..I have a couple more if you want one!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:54 PM

[quote=Painter 6286787]NJsocks, I sold my trees last Nov at a yard sale, didn't put one up last yr and now I am looking for one and my gosh they are expensive! May not have one this yr at the rate things are going.

Painter! I should send you one of mine..I have a couple more if you want one!

Old 11-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

so let me ask again!
What are everyone's big plans for Turkey Day?????

I have a dilemma. My aunt *who I am really not close to anymore lol* asked us to dinner -had told me a month ago" I will see you for Thanksgiving". I said, oh my hub is working 15 hr. days...so I thnk we are going to stay home this year." and she just gave a blank stare! so I left it! lol...and she hasn't called. It's also my husband's bday...so really, it's his bday wish to stay home and I can respect that!!! Would YOU feel guilty for not going?
I would definitely not feel guilty about not going to your aunt's house!

My plans are to go to my sister's house. I am responsible for making an apple pie. I am going up on Wed night and staying over, so I can help her with the preparations. I spend all my holidays with her and her family. Her kids couldn't be closer to my heart even if I had my own. I am Godmother to all of them. She had 3 kids-1 dtr, 2 sons. Her dtr was killed in a car accident 4 months shy of her 16th birthday when her friend was driving and speeding. So, holidays are always tough for her. So it will just be me, sis/b-i-l and her sons and their girlfriends.

Things that I'm thankful for this year...
-My health
-My family
-My friends (even my internet ones whom I've never met!)
-For Christ being in my life and helping me through the toughest of times.

This will be the first Thanksgiving/Christmas without my mom Boy those "firsts' are tough, aren't they? Jan 20th will mark the end of the "first's" and I'm looking forward to that.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,160 times
quick jot in the midst of other activity
Texas, my SIL did the travel nursing in Texas for a period of time. Actually she does nuclear x ray, whatever it is called, where they give you special meds that make you glow in the dark. As I remember she liked it, but was offered a permanent position close to her home place, at a hospital she could stand

NJ- give thanks you don't HAVE to go there!!LOL Do what you want, it is DH BD anyway!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:01 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,231 times
Thumbs up Thank you for sharing your list with us TG@H!!

I'm sorry about you losing your Mom this past year ! I lost my mother 10 yrs ago and I know how difficult that loss can be. I'm just grateful that I have so many wonderful memories of my mom and that no one can take them away from me !! BIG HUGS 4U sister to get you through this holiday season!!!

It's great that you get to spend the holidays with your sister and her family ! How very sad that you lost your neice so young . I'm sure that it has been very hard on your sister and her family and I will remember them and you in my prayers this week.

I will be doing the same (spending Thanksgiving) with my sister and her family and also my father (weather permitting). I was fortunate to get to see them a little over a month ago, so to get down there again is just a HUGE blessing for me! It's been a very long time since I traveled by air at Thanksgiving, so I pray that all goes well for myself and others flying the friendly skies !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I would definitely not feel guilty about not going to your aunt's house!

My plans are to go to my sister's house. I am responsible for making an apple pie. I am going up on Wed night and staying over, so I can help her with the preparations. I spend all my holidays with her and her family. Her kids couldn't be closer to my heart even if I had my own. I am Godmother to all of them. She had 3 kids-1 dtr, 2 sons. Her dtr was killed in a car accident 4 months shy of her 16th birthday when her friend was driving and speeding. So, holidays are always tough for her. So it will just be me, sis/b-i-l and her sons and their girlfriends.

Things that I'm thankful for this year...
-My health
-My family
-My friends (even my internet ones whom I've never met!)
-For Christ being in my life and helping me through the toughest of times.

This will be the first Thanksgiving/Christmas without my mom Boy those "firsts' are tough, aren't they? Jan 20th will mark the end of the "first's" and I'm looking forward to that.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,408 times
TexasGirl, I am so sorry about the loss of your mom...as much as mine makes me nuts, I am thankful to still have her..actually my mom and I get along fine, my dad makes us both nuts..but I digress..

4 hours sleep, dogs had to go out, will head back to bed in a while, it's brrr... 30 degrees out, but not raining, just icy..something new for us..

Too early to have much to say I guess..hey, does anyone have a house hunting checklist? I know most of us are sellers, but I think I need something in black and white to knock out those wants and needs..

Later campers...

Old 11-24-2008, 06:28 AM

183 posts, read 686,296 times
Default Wwyd?

We had another open house yesterday, after dropping our house $5,000. The same couple that came to our last open house and has had our property showed to them by their agent, came by yesterday. They loved the house, they were counting ceiling fans, making sure the fence was in good condition and they were placing their furniture (all of this according to my realtor) Their daughters apparently liked our house the best, they loved our wood floors, etc etc etc. We have already told them they could have the fridge and our custom window coverings (for the right price ) My question is, should we offer more, just to get this deal closed? We have a contingency on our dream home and I don't want to lose it. I fear that if we don't sell our house soon (ie the next 6 weeks or so) we will be in competition with all the homes that come on the market this spring, and we will be *&^%@. Ugh...WWYD? Offer additional incentives? Wait and see? I hate feeling helpless!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,408 times
Springbean, only you know your bottom line, but from my experience, and since you have a home already on contract, I would sweeten the deal however I could. Have they made an offer yet? Definitely, I would try to get out now..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate