Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 03:54 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,194,299 times

Advertisements

Directory
Testimonials | Tumbleweed Tiny House Company
love those tiny houses

I wish wish wish I could let go of so much stuff and really live as frugal as this would require.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:00 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,795,287 times
Smile Thank you everyone for your nice posts about the loss of my furbaby

One (or possibly 2 ) times on the Boot Camp thread(s), I've tried to acknowledge EVERYONE's kind words in a single post and it turned into a logistical nightmare !!! So I've decided to NEVER do that again . EVER ! So THANK you all !! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

But I do have a question for you peeps !!! Where should I draw the line with BUYERS this week ??? I mean what if they schedule a showing on Thanksgiving at the exact time I'm sitting down to eat, and they want to carve the turkey, and say some sort of new age prayer, and sit at the head of the table, and watch football while we're eating, and cheer for their favorite football team???? Shouldn't they at least be expected to clear their plates from the table ????? I mean, how much do I have to put up with to get a SALE ??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
HDL so sorry for your loss and thank you for the beautiful Thanksgiving sentiments.

Let's hope these turkeys start looking!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 04:10 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,387,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Still around here but need no what I mean is I want a smaller house now it is just the two of us
Where are you ??
I am in Pittsburgh, PA. Once my home sells, I will be relocating to Austin, TX. But I may end up in Fort Worth or San Antonio depending on where the travel RN positions are. Currently, hospitals in Austin are not using travel RN's, but San Antone and FW are. My goal is to live in Austin though.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
But I do have a question for you peeps !!! Where should I draw the line with BUYERS this week ??? I mean what if they schedule a showing on Thanksgiving at the exact time I'm sitting down to eat, and they want to carve the turkey, and say some sort of new age prayer, and sit at the head of the table, and watch football while we're eating, and cheer for their favorite football team???? Shouldn't they at least be expected to clear their plates from the table ????? I mean, how much do I have to put up with to get a SALE ??!
I'd make them stay and do the dishes

Old 11-23-2008, 04:39 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,194,299 times
let them come, and if they show up as you sit to dinner, just say pass the gravy please

Old 11-23-2008, 04:40 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,451,623 times
Texas Just me be nosey but why do you want travel nursing instead of say hospital? Just curious, a friend of mind does the travel stuff and it sure seems to be a pain, at least for her.

HDL, Pull them up a chair and tell them while they sign on the line you will be glad to fix them a plate and then show them how their new dishwasher works!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:16 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,526,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Texas Just me be nosey but why do you want travel nursing instead of say hospital? Just curious, a friend of mind does the travel stuff and it sure seems to be a pain, at least for her.

HDL, Pull them up a chair and tell them while they sign on the line you will be glad to fix them a plate and then show them how their new dishwasher works!
You said what I was going to say darn. Sign this contract and welcome home.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

With travel nursing, your rent and utilities are paid! They put you up in nice apartment complexes-usually they have a pool and 24 hr fitness centers. You are contracted to work in said hospital for 13 weeks. You can extend if they like you and you like them. The reason I want to do travel nursing is so I can pay off some bills. After 1-2 years, I will settle down at one hospital in Austin and become a regular staff RN. This also helps me to decide which hospital to take on a permanent job with--seeing how they treat their employees first hand.

Why is it a pain for your friend who does the travel nursing?

BTW---love your advice to HDL above!! Too funny!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:51 PM

You know what they say about GREAT MINDS!!!!!!
How are you doing this evening? I just went out front cause there was something laying by the road, it was part of my sign! Its been there so dang long it is falling apart, LOL!! But someone has been pulling flyers from the box, heyeyyy, 3 gone. Now if they would just call the dang agent.

Earlier today there was a racket in my garage, a big dog was getting into the trash can. He/she looks like a collie cross with markings like a St. Bernard, really pretty dog. So of course to prevent trash being scattered I put food out. Half an hour later it was all gone. Found out it has been hanging around for several days, the poor thing. So now I have a stray dog and a stray momma cat with 1 baby left. Now what????

Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM

Hi Texas, She does something totally different. The just shuffle her around to take care of elderly, she doesnt know from week to week where she is going. I can understand what you are doing, that is a pretty good deal. Try it and if you like it you can stay or go. Sounds like a deal to me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate