Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 PM
HDL

3,217 posts, read 6,803,947 times

Advertisements

Thank you Dogmom!! I am very thankful for this precious 4 legged creature that shared my life with me and brought me many happy times .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
HDL..I am soo sorry about the loss of your canine friend..it never gets easier...ever..anyway, think of the good times and love you shared.

Why is it we tend to only count our blessings this time of year? We all do it..we should try to do it more I think...

Old 11-23-2008, 12:59 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,532,661 times
Quote:
HDL..I am soo sorry about the loss of your canine friend..it never gets easier...ever..anyway, think of the good times and love you shared.

Why is it we tend to only count our blessings this time of year? We all do it..we should try to do it more I think...
Barb you are right on. We all should be counting our blessings everyday.

HDL I am so sorry about the loss of your furbaby.

Wankel welcome to the best group on CD. Good luck with your closing on your new home.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,402,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Hello
No we took it off the market for a while then put it back on a few weeks ago !!!
Had a couple of showings but am sick already of agents making appointments and not showing up !!Must be a "Texas" thing ?? Listed with an Agent we had used before but she is not very quick - too laid back. Maybe I should go back to doing what I do best and sell it myself.
Hubby is now working from home and I have just got a new job !! yippee cannot wait to start after Christmas.
It is lovely just the two of us and the animals.
We are off to visit friends in Fort Worth for Thanksgiving, then have both my boys and Grandson coming home for Christmas.
Have been reading all your posts and had lots of laughs - keep up the good work
So you live in SAT....where are you moving to once you sell?

Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,402,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
TexG- nice video, reminds me of our Train trip from Jax to NO back in '04? I loved the train...hung out in the smoking car all night, that is where the action was! Met all sorts of interesting people, and it was really cool eating breakfast in the dining car, while rolling into NO at the break of dawn....would love to travel that way again.
I have always wanted to do that--take an overnight train somewhere! On my list of things to do before I'm pushing up daisies!

Quote:
I have always loved that song TexasGirl...I am listening to the Arlo Guthrie original right now...takes me back..oh to when I was about 19 or so.. thanks for the memory..
Glad you enjoyed the video! aahhh...memories!

Old 11-23-2008, 02:35 PM

620 posts, read 1,955,346 times
Lorrie-I Love your Rainbow Bridge pic.

HDL-I am sorry to hear about your fur baby. Its amazing how attached we get to them. When we moved this week, I stood over our rose bush and just reflected and tears swelled up about our little cat Tabasco. We had her cremated when she died, planted the rose bush, and scattered her ashes. She was the first pet we loss and it really is like losing someone in your family. I know people that do not have pets, find it hard to understand. We gave our boys a book in rememberance over her too. Its like we had a cermony for her short life.

Since it is Thanksgiving this week, I am wondering about showings with all of you. If you have family coming in, will you allow your homes to be shown? How are you going to handle it? I wonder if buyers will bring other family members with them to select a home just because they are in town?

Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,032,793 times
HDL- sorry about your dog, how sad. And your greeting to us made me smile

Old 11-23-2008, 03:00 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,532,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Lorrie-I Love your Rainbow Bridge pic.

HDL-I am sorry to hear about your fur baby. Its amazing how attached we get to them. When we moved this week, I stood over our rose bush and just reflected and tears swelled up about our little cat Tabasco. We had her cremated when she died, planted the rose bush, and scattered her ashes. She was the first pet we loss and it really is like losing someone in your family. I know people that do not have pets, find it hard to understand. We gave our boys a book in rememberance over her too. Its like we had a cermony for her short life.

Since it is Thanksgiving this week, I am wondering about showings with all of you. If you have family coming in, will you allow your homes to be shown? How are you going to handle it? I wonder if buyers will bring other family members with them to select a home just because they are in town?
Raising thanks. After I added the picture I thought maybe most would have no idea what it was.
I think it would be so hard with family visiting you to have any lookers see the house but then you never know. I think next Sat and Sun would be OK.
IF the lookers are bringing family members then I am sure they know what sellers are going through since they are doing the same. I would want them though and only them to talk about the house and no family members should advise them and that won't happen in my opinion. It is so hard with a house on the market at this time of year but the one's looking now are buyers right? Are you thinking about buying two homes?lol

Last edited by lorriem; 11-23-2008 at 03:09 PM..

Old 11-23-2008, 03:02 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,901,689 times
HDL so sorry for your loss and thank you for the beautiful Thanksgiving sentiments.

Let's hope these turkeys start looking!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 03:28 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,205,577 times
Hey HDL (so sorry about your furbaby, they love us with unconditional love...like Someone else I know May you have pleasant loving memories)
You took the words outta me mouth...I was going to suggest that very thing...maybe some thigns we are all grateful for, not only beecuz of Thanksgiving, but ALL the time.
Well here is some stuff.
1- For the US of A, in spite of issues and such, it is STILL a good place to be Our freedoms for whatever, even if I disagree with some folks choices, Can't take theirs away without taking away mine- know what I mean??
2-family and friends, both near and far, I love and miss them dearly
3-that hubby has a good job <again- that was a rough time being downsized> and he is so motivated to get that bachelors & work full time, yet I am able to be the house boss and do my thangs...
4- food, shelter and clothing
5- for this camp, and all the campers... it helps keep me sane

I guess I am like Goldilocks...we don't have it too easy, nor too hard, but just right I do believe.

Whoo I am pooped. Mowed/mulched the yard and cut back some stuff.

RE- showings during holidays- Crazyma's theory is if someone is *bold* enough to want to come on t-giving( or any other gathering), let'em come! Tell the appt. setter to tell the other agent anythiing is possible and you may not leave if you have company...let them see what a REAL home is like!!! Why the heck not

Old 11-23-2008, 03:40 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,615,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
So you live in SAT....where are you moving to once you sell?
Still around here but need no what I mean is I want a smaller house now it is just the two of us
Where are you ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate