Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 10:31 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,497 times

Advertisements

Painter- how bout you join me and my husband in Co- we'll split a hundred acres, share the horses, hire a cowboy or 2.....
Ugh, so some friends of ours gave their opinion on our house, specifically that not only are we overpriced but the pics on our realtors website are terrible. wish i would've heard this 8 months ago. But my husband reminded me that not only are we priced below our appraisal (done in Jan.) but 3 realtors said we are priced right. Maybe our friends dont know anything but maybe they see what out of town buyers see. oh well, we're off the market soon anyways.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:34 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Painter- how bout you join me and my husband in Co- we'll split a hundred acres, share the horses, hire a cowboy or 2.....
Ugh, so some friends of ours gave their opinion on our house, specifically that not only are we overpriced but the pics on our realtors website are terrible. wish i would've heard this 8 months ago. But my husband reminded me that not only are we priced below our appraisal (done in Jan.) but 3 realtors said we are priced right. Maybe our friends dont know anything but maybe they see what out of town buyers see. oh well, we're off the market soon anyways.
Why do they feel you are overpriced? What are they basing that on? I think 3 realtors would have an idea if you were overpriced!

Old 11-22-2008, 10:45 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times
Oh Stoy that would be close to heaven for me!
Now as for your friends comments: Pictures never look the same as in person, so maybe it is a left handed compliment. AS to the price according to friends this is what I have found. 1: they have less house but compare it to yours 2: They are still living in the days of 50k houses, re: ex: my neighbors think that land should sell for no more than a 1000/acre and that my house should sell for like 85K, that is a joke to me! 3: No matter how good of freinds they are they may be following the doom/gloom on the media. or 4: They are just mad their house didn't appraise "up there".

Now as to my neighbors, they are just uneducated in RE and all live on inherited farms. My place appraised for 100k more than it is on the market for but but but that was 2 yrs ago. Then it was at 425K+ now it is listed for 325K-----yep should of sold when I had the chance.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:52 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
We all need to have a moment of silence and send up dust, karma and prayers for LACEY"S SHOWING TODAY! It is time for another good news contract or past time I should say......

I always though CO would be agood place to live, if I was younger It would be on my list for sure. My dream was to have a big horse ranch out west one day, retire to watch the young cowboys round up and train from a rockin chair on the front porch of a big ole log cabin. Oh the fantasy of youth, lol!

Ok good luck to Lacey! I hope all goes well.

Colorado is so Pretty you would love it there.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:57 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times
Chick rae, You are probably right, but the prices are high for me. That and my dd is gonna be in TN for 6 yrs of vet school so it would be a long long drive, lol.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:14 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
Oh Lacey!!....Here's some "dust" for your showing today!

Old 11-22-2008, 11:26 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,658 times
Quote:
We all need to have a moment of silence and send up dust, karma and prayers for LACEY"S SHOWING TODAY! It is time for another good news contract or past time I should say......

I always though CO would be agood place to live, if I was younger It would be on my list for sure. My dream was to have a big horse ranch out west one day, retire to watch the young cowboys round up and train from a rockin chair on the front porch of a big ole log cabin. Oh the fantasy of youth, lol!
Lacey GOOD LUCK on your showing today!! Here is some pixie dust and sending a prayer your way!!!

Painter I love log cabin homes!!! I love when they show them on HGTV, some of those are really amazing!!!

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 07:02 PM..

Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Chick rae, You are probably right, but the prices are high for me. That and my dd is gonna be in TN for 6 yrs of vet school so it would be a long long drive, lol.
This is true. They have come down a bit, but yeah that drive would be a long one! A log home sounds fun. We live in one here in Oklahoma on 2 1/2 acres.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Lacey GOOD LUCK on your showing today!! Here is some pixie dust and sending a prayer your way!!!

Painter I love log cabin homes!!! I love when they show them on HGTV, some of those are really amazing!!!
Cute picture Judy P.....I love tinkerbell!

Old 11-22-2008, 11:33 AM

Hey not to bring up some random subject....but I will ha ha. Are any of you into this "Twilight" movie book thing. My daughters are making me read the first book in a week so when I get to Utah I will go see that with them. I have read the first 4 chapters and it just doesn't keep my interest. I feel like I am too old for vampires and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate