Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 07:16 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Barb-I don't think it's too late to get the flu shot. I'm a big believer in Echinachea-I take it 3x a day from Sept to May.
Lacey, I am going to check, won't hurt to get one, now I am kind of worried about it..see if any doctors around here have the vaccine. I am 'between' doctors...since we are here temporarily..ugh..i just want my life back...

took a long nap..hubby and I, neither one of us feel that sharp today..tomorrow is a better day!

later!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:27 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Gold what a beautiful home.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:31 PM

139 posts, read 545,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter;7169555
[B
Karoga,[/b] Understood, lol, this here redneck was born and raised in Chicago! Spent the first 22 yrs in Chicago, 2nd 22 yrs in middle TN and I wont say how long I have been in Fl, oh okay pushing 8 yrs. What part of Fl. are you thinking about???
Sounds familier to me Born FL, then Upstate NY, then Ohio, then FL, then lived in EXILE in Ga then SC and now maybe back to FL??? Or stay in Anderson??? time will tell. We did St Augustine last time, looking around south of Sarasota if we go back. Hubby is not opposed to going back to FL but wants the Gulf. Personally, I LOVED St. Aug.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:32 PM

139 posts, read 545,962 times
Good luck Lacey!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Judy Glad I could be of help, we aim to please!!! Here is another kinda funny: Last night we went to a local steakhouse, had a bucket of peanuts on the table. My neighbor friend was just eating away at them. He then asked the waitress if he could get a "cup" of nuts to go. I about fell over, this guy plants 2500 acres of peanuts and he wants theirs to go????
Painter, did you just want to look at him and say 'duh??' haha that is a good one..maybe he wanted those cuz they were already picked.

Love the t shirt saying, can you post it, think i will put it as my desktop background, lol...BTW, I loved the 70's...so much great stuff to laugh at now!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:40 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,432 times
Is there room in your camp for another 'buyer'?

Hubby and I retired April 1, 2008 and moved from the FL Keys to East TN to find our 'retirement' home!! When we arrived in East TN on April 1st, we lived in corporate housing for six weeks while we spent our days looking at houses in the town that we had always thought we wanted to retire to! After three weeks, we found a home, agreed on a price and had the inspection!! OOOOPS!!! We are soooo thankful that we had a fantastic inspector, because he found problems under the house that we definitely didn't want to take on......so we opted to withdraw our offer!! Since there really wasn't anything else in the area that interested us, we decided to lease a condo for a year and begin our househunt again this January!!

In the meantime, we spent our time enjoying this new lifestyle called retirement, and discovered that we were always going to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area for all of our activities and rarely did we do anything in the town where we thought we wanted to retire!! Sooooooo, to make this long story short, by late summer 2008, we decided that we would save a fortune in hotel fees, by just moving to the PF/Gat. area!!

We started watching the internet for all homes that met our requirements and began riding around the neighborhoods and deciding which areas we would like to live in for the next 20+ years!! Basically the same homes that we started watching last September are still on the market!! Now that interest rates are dropping, and our condo lease is almost up, we are ready to make the plunge!!!

We met with our realtor on Wednesday afternoon, and after spending a couple of hours at her office, looking online at the homes available, we narrowed our search down to 17 out of the 100 she pulled up for us! We met her on Thursday morning and started a full day of househunting!! We looked at 15 of the 17 homes (we ruled out two of them because they were located too far from town)! Of the 15 we looked at, we liked three of them enough to keep on our list of 'possibles'!!

After returning home on Friday, hubby and I did a 'pro/con' list and ruled out one of the three! Since we are trying to time our home purchase with the end of our condo lease, we will watch the market for one more month to see if anything else that interests us, comes up for sale! Then, on Feb. 23rd, we'll go back up and if these homes are still available, we'll look at them both again - but will do a much more intensive look, and will do yet another 'pro/con' list and will make an offer with a 24 hour response deadline! So, hopefully, by the end of February, we'll have an accepted offer and will be able to close by the end of March!!

Of course, all of these plans are in my 'perfect world' and 'perfect order' of things!! LOL Now, we'll just wait and see what pitfalls will jump in our way in the coming weeks!!

I've spent the afternoon reading this entire forum, and I feel like I know you all!! Actually, I do already know Lacey and Painter!!! I look forward to sitting around the campfire, laughing and crying with y'all if you'll let me join in!!!

Lacey, I've been keeping everything crossed for you today girl!!!! Sure hope this is the one!!!

Painter, I'm glad the little house will be one less worry for you, but sorry that it didn't work out to be a good financial ending to it!! Now, we need to get your BIG house sold so you can get up here to East TN and enjoy the arrival of Spring!!!

I can't remember who it is that is moving to Raleigh, but that is my home area, so if I can help answer any questions you might have about the area, I'll be glad to!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Okay-they were in here a very long time-over 35 min-that we know of and a CD is gone re the house-plus they drove by later. I refuse to get my hopes up.
Lacey, did they eat your roast??? Maybe that did it, I should have fixed a roast when we were trying to sell...

Old 01-25-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoga View Post
I have sold several homes (by owner & by realtor) so I'm not ignorant about doing it. Today I had a guy stop by that wanted to see the house. First off, he's about 2 feet in the door and says "your from up north aren't you?" with a big grin on his face (we are in SC). Yep, with my NY accent that sounds like Rhoda Morgonstern that would be a fair guess! By the time we get to the second room he has already told me how he grew up in our neighborhood, and that people coming from out of state don't know how bad it is (it isn't) and then try to sell their house for too much $$$ to get out (hadn't even asked how much yet & has no idea how long I've been here). Then he starts telling me about another neighborhood that is much better & that you could by the same type house for the same money. Finally askes what's the least I'd take cash for the house (we are in the 3rd room now). I told him our asking $$$ and asked him what the most cash he'd offer on the house. After he told me it was "no where near what YOUR asking" with another big grin. I said "I think were through and you should go buy a house in that developement " and showed him the door! (By the way I already knew that area and the homes are simular built & about $40,000 more than ours). I still can't believe someone would act like that!! Let's see, he grew up in the neighborhood - BUT it's terrible - BUT he want's to buy a home there below value - BUT he could buy one in a better area for the same price. Gee, what's wrong with this picture? And that whole thing took about 8 mins & he never saw the rest of the house!!!! I feel better now, thanks!
Karoga, let me be the nth to welcome you to our little group..it's been a lifesaver, I tell ya..I never realized there were so many whack jobs out there buying real estate (of course, myself excluded haha). Welcome!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Is there room in your camp for another 'buyer'?

Hubby and I retired April 1, 2008 and moved from the FL Keys to East TN to find our 'retirement' home!! When we arrived in East TN on April 1st, we lived in corporate housing for six weeks while we spent our days looking at houses in the town that we had always thought we wanted to retire to! After three weeks, we found a home, agreed on a price and had the inspection!! OOOOPS!!! We are soooo thankful that we had a fantastic inspector, because he found problems under the house that we definitely didn't want to take on......so we opted to withdraw our offer!! Since there really wasn't anything else in the area that interested us, we decided to lease a condo for a year and begin our househunt again this January!!

In the meantime, we spent our time enjoying this new lifestyle called retirement, and discovered that we were always going to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area for all of our activities and rarely did we do anything in the town where we thought we wanted to retire!! Sooooooo, to make this long story short, by late summer 2008, we decided that we would save a fortune in hotel fees, by just moving to the PF/Gat. area!!

We started watching the internet for all homes that met our requirements and began riding around the neighborhoods and deciding which areas we would like to live in for the next 20+ years!! Basically the same homes that we started watching last September are still on the market!! Now that interest rates are dropping, and our condo lease is almost up, we are ready to make the plunge!!!

We met with our realtor on Wednesday afternoon, and after spending a couple of hours at her office, looking online at the homes available, we narrowed our search down to 17 out of the 100 she pulled up for us! We met her on Thursday morning and started a full day of househunting!! We looked at 15 of the 17 homes (we ruled out two of them because they were located too far from town)! Of the 15 we looked at, we liked three of them enough to keep on our list of 'possibles'!!

After returning home on Friday, hubby and I did a 'pro/con' list and ruled out one of the three! Since we are trying to time our home purchase with the end of our condo lease, we will watch the market for one more month to see if anything else that interests us, comes up for sale! Then, on Feb. 23rd, we'll go back up and if these homes are still available, we'll look at them both again - but will do a much more intensive look, and will do yet another 'pro/con' list and will make an offer with a 24 hour response deadline! So, hopefully, by the end of February, we'll have an accepted offer and will be able to close by the end of March!!

Of course, all of these plans are in my 'perfect world' and 'perfect order' of things!! LOL Now, we'll just wait and see what pitfalls will jump in our way in the coming weeks!!

I've spent the afternoon reading this entire forum, and I feel like I know you all!! Actually, I do already know Lacey and Painter!!! I look forward to sitting around the campfire, laughing and crying with y'all if you'll let me join in!!!

Lacey, I've been keeping everything crossed for you today girl!!!! Sure hope this is the one!!!

Painter, I'm glad the little house will be one less worry for you, but sorry that it didn't work out to be a good financial ending to it!! Now, we need to get your BIG house sold so you can get up here to East TN and enjoy the arrival of Spring!!!

I can't remember who it is that is moving to Raleigh, but that is my home area, so if I can help answer any questions you might have about the area, I'll be glad to!!!
Welcome to camp, Bebette! You will find good friends here, and good times, too. We laugh and cry together...stay long and often!
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Graphics/Welcome-3.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-25-2009, 08:06 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,432 times
Thanks Dogmom!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate