Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 08:49 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times

Advertisements

Hey all, checking in to see about Texas but nothing yet? Wonder if she had to work after her appointment? Hope it went well but since she isn't here well....

Okay gals watched the bachelor, only 2nd x, and I picked the 3 to go home. I watched this along time ago and tonight it almost seemed like they added "drama" to make it more entertaining. I am sorry but how do you kiss some guy like they do knowing you are the 3rd 4th or 5th in a matter of minutes? Ickkk!! And then that strange gal at the end said she was gonna use her tooth brush and stick her tongue in her dogs mouth and cuddle, OMG! Love my boys but..........

Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
How gross,ewwwwwwwwww!!!! That girl has a real problem, but then most of the time after the shows end they don't end up together anyway.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:16 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Eeeww, after watching the Bachelor quite a few seasons, I finally lost interest I think; I don't even know what's going on.

I was watching an episode of "Buy Me" on HGTC. Kinda unrealistic cuz they show a realtor team doing all the staging etc. before they will agree to list price and act like they are a big happy family. I sure would like to know where it was filmed...she got $465,000 for an ugly old ranch, and I do mean ugly PLeeeeze

Old 01-26-2009, 09:17 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
I wonder how Texas did at the doctors today, has anyone heard anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I have been wondering too. I sure hope she is ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all, checking in to see about Texas but nothing yet? Wonder if she had to work after her appointment? Hope it went well but since she isn't here well....
Hi everyone. I am at work right now. After my doctors appt, I went home and went to sleep and didn't have time to post when I got up for work. So...this is what he had to say...

He will NOT operate as long as I am relatively pain free. He wants me to do PT (physical therapy) 3x's/week, strengthening the neck muscles. In 2 weeks I will return and he will reassess my weakness and pain levels.

He said I could go months to a year without ever having pain again...and then all of a sudden it will come back with a vengence. The cord compression will not resolve by PT...only surgery will correct that. But he is unwilling to operate as long as I am not having severe pain. I said "Is there a risk of doing further damage to my spinal cord with more compression if I let this go?" His reply was "yes, but I'll know if there is further cord compromise if you start having numbness, tingling and pain--at that time, I will readdress the possibility of surgery."

While I'm relieved that I'm not going under the knife any time soon, I am also very depressed because my life is essentially in limbo. I took the house off the market on Saturday. I'm afraid to put it back on because what if it sells and then I start having pain down in Texas. I will be down there without a support system. I will be a contracted nurse (travel RN) without vacation time to use if I have to have surgery--Essentially that means if I would have to have surgery...I would be without a paycheck for 3-4 months for surgery and recovery time. PLUS...(this is a biggie)...I would not have the best insurance as a travel RN as I do now AND I know ALL the doctors and anesthesiologists here-- I can pretty much say who I want to put me to sleep because I work here.

My friends all think I should try to stay in Pittsburgh for another year, but I don't think I can handle that. My heart is in Texas--it's where my soul was born.

Everyone...thanks for your continued support, well wishes and prayers over this situation. I truly appreciate it.

Lorrie...Thanks for the message!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:31 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Hey Shelly...sounds like you just need to stay put for a while..Maybe we should have you make a list of pros and cons of Pittsburgh..might help the journey..sometimes things happen and we have no clue why..I know how badly you want to leave, but it does sound like you have great support there.
Maybe we should all make a list of pros and cons of where we live..heres mine:

What I like about my little mobile home in WA:
no house payment, just cheap space rent
cozy
close to my cousins and aunt and uncle
trees, lots of trees
more trees
not far from Olympia or Aberdeen for big shopping
cheap space rent

What I don't like:

so small
cozy
no storage space
rain and more rain
miss my kids
it's not California

Ok, your turn!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 PM

Oh Texas TG it isn't more serious! I see your dilemma and that is a tough call. I think I would have to stay put the way you describe your situation.
I heard those traveling RN positions are really a neat way to travel around. I don't know maybe I'm missing a better solution. Prayers are with you

Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM

O.K. here goes

PRO
1. no house payments

CONS
1. To much traffic, a lot of accidents because we are on a very busy corner, one car went through our stucco front wall surrounding the house but thank God didn't make it all the way to the house!!!
2. bad plumbing
3. to old
4. high utility bills
5. high water bills
6. living in an all commercial area

Texas glad you don't need surgery yet but you TC gal!!! I hate to say it but right now you are better off there. I know how badly you want to move but your health is more important right now.

Last edited by Judy P.; 01-26-2009 at 09:58 PM..

Old 01-26-2009, 09:53 PM

Pros:
New house
Family

Cons:
Just signed loan papers and am involved in a binding contract
I think I'm stuck for now

actually I think my cons are still pros...I can't play the game.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Pros:
New house
Family

Cons:
Just signed loan papers and am involved in a binding contract
I think I'm stuck for now

actually I think my cons are still pros...I can't play the game.
You are very lucky to have your cons be pros, there is nothing wrong with that!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
You are very lucky to have your cons be pros, there is nothing wrong with that!!!
I know but I really wanted to play the game

Hey Judy I have never caught exactly where you are located in the world, if you don't mind sharing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate