Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Don't worry about it! I have no problem being vented on. Take a hunk of flesh while y'all are at it! Don't be shy.
Watch it Mr. Rubberman. We are a tight bunch here!

Quote:
Regarding Realtor.com, you really can't tell much from photographs. Therefore you need to see the property. To see the property, you usually must contact a Realtor. I didn't invent this system of commissions and showings, I am simply operating within it.
mR. R- Ok, let me ask you this>>>> Why on Earth do buyers ***** about our home being on a corner lot when it STATES IT RIGHT IN THE LISTING!! ????

So let me get this straight? You have NO INTENTION ever of buying? but will keep on going to see people's home even if you have no intention of buying?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I don't think I'm wasting anyone's time. I know that I need a place to live, therefore I am interested in housing. I have the means to choose to buy or rent, therefore it becomes mostly a financial issue.

The question I have for you, how do you expect a person to determine whether they should rent or buy, without knowing the condition and price of the available housing stock for sale? We're talking life decisions here.

If the properties I'm interested in had them, and I knew about it, then I would go.

I have emptied and thoroughly cleaned homes before, so I have a general idea. I'm not completely following your point, though, because most of these places I see don't appear to be in any sort of "show condition" that I wouldn't do to a rental house I was leaving.

Either way, what is wrong with hard work? I happen to enjoy a long day of work.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I don't feel responsible for them. I also don't think you understood my point, but that's OK. You can re-read it at your leisure.

Regarding Realtor.com, you really can't tell much from photographs. Therefore you need to see the property. To see the property, you usually must contact a Realtor. I didn't invent this system of commissions and showings, I am simply operating within it.

Don't worry about it! I have no problem being vented on. Take a hunk of flesh while y'all are at it! Don't be shy.
Thank you for coming in and sharing your infinite wisdom about the real estate market today. Now buh-bye.

Kristine

Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Rubber you can have all the opinions you want and I will say that is your right. If all you are looking at is the vacant ones than no you are not part of the problem. Followed some of your posts on the RE thread and you have been saying the same things over and over. If all you are concerned with is the rent vs own factor than why is it taking you months and months to figure it out? Why should families be victim to your game? Stick with the vacants and don't make it a hobby to disrupt families who may have plans to cancel, children to clean up after, animals to contain, ect. Not only that you are dashing a lot of hopes and dreams and causing unnessasary stress in a already stressful situation. Lives are not games to all.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:03 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Whatever rubber, any smart realtor would pick up on your intent rather quickly and banish you to the playing house pile!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Well said my friends...I would suggest that Rubberman go back to the forum he came from, this is our place to laugh, vent, cry...we are a sisterhood, mister! If you have something constructive to say, then fine, but you probably have no idea what it's like to SELL a home especially in this market. We ARE a tight knit bunch in this together, it's camp you see..

So you are welcome to take your leave, thank you and have a wondeful day

Old 02-03-2009, 09:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Well done ladies. This is our thread and we have no reason to welcome trolls with open arms..have also read his former posts. So ladies-hit your IGNORE buttons.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Watch it Mr. Rubberman. We are a tight bunch here!
Indeed!

Quote:
mR. R- Ok, let me ask you this>>>> Why on Earth do buyers ***** about our home being on a corner lot when it STATES IT RIGHT IN THE LISTING!! ????
I don't know, but I can take a shot.

I really, really, like lots with privacy. It didn't occur to me until I'd seen 3 or 4 houses that this was a key quality I was looking for.

It wasn't until a couple of houses after that, that I began to understand that corner lots can have privacy, but in some cases they have none whatsoever. Technically speaking it is not the corner lot that is the problem, but the privacy. So now I pay more attention to things like: how a house is oriented toward its neighbors. Buying is a learning process.

Quote:
So let me get this straight? You have NO INTENTION ever of buying? but will keep on going to see people's home even if you have no intention of buying?
Oh no, I certainly intend to buy a house. I just reject the idea that I need to do it according to someone else's timetable. I also will not purchase a property if I think it breaks rule #1.

Quote:
Thank you for coming in and sharing your infinite wisdom about the real estate market today. Now buh-bye.

Kristine
See you later, Kristine! Good luck!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Hi there Lacey! Has your sign been uncovered from the drifts yet? We are getting abit of cold again, freezing temps at night. I keep waiting for Bebette to show up and report on her house hunting advantures, have you heard from her lately?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:20 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post

Kristine
Rofl!!!!!!!!! well said Hammy!

Dogmom- you are right. We are a sisterhood!!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Painter-yes the sign is visible.

BeBette has found her dream and is working on it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate