Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Judy, My son will never move in to the house, not good enough for the new wife. I have no idea what is gonna happen at this point, there is no reasoning with my wonderful dil!
It makes me ill, so many held on to property for retirement, ect. to have nothing left. You are at 50%, I have lost 30% so far, Dogmom took a beating. You remember the saying "when my ship comes in" well I think they all sank. If I could figure out away to stay put for a couple of years I would consider it at this point but it may very well get worse.
That is what I am afraid of, it may get worse and I am not getting any younger lol!!! We want to move so we can enjoy being there before we are to old to get around. You are right the ship not only sank but there is no one to rescue us from this mess, the government is to busy rescuing Wall Street, the banks, and auto makers, they don't care about the people who are hurting as much if not more!!! I will get off my soapbox now lol!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:59 AM

754 posts, read 1,739,065 times
Hey there every one! It is BRUTALLY cold outside brrrrr... Just want to send some good vibes out today. These are extremely difficult times for everyone, regardless of what the individual situations may be BUT my favorite saying is 'it's hard to see the rainbow through the storm, but it can't rain forever'. I keep telling myself 'this too shall pass...'

Old 01-16-2009, 10:04 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
Hey there every one! It is BRUTALLY cold outside brrrrr... Just want to send some good vibes out today. These are extremely difficult times for everyone, regardless of what the individual situations may be BUT my favorite saying is 'it's hard to see the rainbow through the storm, but it can't rain forever'. I keep telling myself 'this too shall pass...'
Yes let's hope with the low interest rates and first time buyers credit, it brings some serious buyers out!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!!

It seems like such a waiting game now and I was told by that preview agent she thinks it's a credit problem for many in her opinion. Boo, we're getting hit with that problem from both sides Loose restrictions helped create it, and tightening it up means less qualified buyers.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,947 times
Hold your head up high gals! Everything happens for a reason and we will sell when we are supposed to sell. There is a plan or all of us and we just need to let it happen.

That is what I am trying to tell myself over and over, anyway.

Got a call from my agent she said the people who are putting in the offer next week defiantely put our house on the top of the list. So cross your fingers it all works out! If not, it was not meant to be.

Kristine

Old 01-16-2009, 10:33 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Hold your head up high gals! Everything happens for a reason and we will sell when we are supposed to sell. There is a plan or all of us and we just need to let it happen.

That is what I am trying to tell myself over and over, anyway.

Got a call from my agent she said the people who are putting in the offer next week defiantely put our house on the top of the list. So cross your fingers it all works out! If not, it was not meant to be.

Kristine
I hope it is meant to be for your sake! *crossing fingers*

Old 01-16-2009, 11:41 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
fellow campers!!! I hope all of you are staying warm or trying to, I can't imagine it being in the freezing cold a lot of you all are living in right now brrrrr !!!
It sounds like things are picking up a little for some of you and you are seeing some activity on the home front !!! Lets all pray this is a better year for us all.
We actually have a showing on Saturday but I already have been informed by our Realtor that the guy is looking for some real bargains in this market so needless to say we are not expecting much from it!!! I have come to the place in this mess that it will happen when it happens and I am tired of worrying about it. I just put it in God's hands and told him I have stressed enough over it!!
TC and GB my friends!!!
Judy

Old 01-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebdj View Post
Crazyma, its funny that you say that about the passengers from the Hudson River flight....because that's what made me decide to get the heat on!!!!! I was watching the news program, and it was making me cold! Nine and a half more hours to go, and it will be toasty time!

And to Lorriem who said she has to walk the pups at midnight in the cold to find the right spot.,......that's why I'm soooo happy I bought a house! I still give them walks, but on nights like tonight, not mandatory! Get in the back yard, do your business, and lets get back under the covers!!!

--Cindy xoxo
Cindy we do have a house with a big fence and a smaller area fenced in also for the dogs. The other three just go out and get it over with but with a almost 5 month old puppy I have to go out with her to make sure she goes and then make a great big I love you deal about it. The other three are snug in our bed since they go to bed an hour before I do with hubby.CRAZY Camp #3: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-dogs-dog-area-004.jpg

CRAZY Camp #3: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-dogs-dog-area-005.jpg

The dogs have the better grass but our grass is finally growing in.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Ok, great...maybe when I'm feeling more ambitious
Gold Judy and Texa girl are the go to girls for learning how to do the pics. Believe me the grief I caused both of them since my putter and me just couldn't get the hang of it. Finally texas found out why. It is really easy ( i can say that now).lol

Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Painter-what???? Then let him absorb the payments,loss but get your $$ back when it sells.

Our realtor is pressuring and Mr. L is aggravated. She called yeterday about having to know if we were re-listing as she had to get advertising in for the RE quarterly magazine. We were thinking of waiting to re-list after we get back from NJ but also hate to ake that chance of maybe missing a buyer-yet with the wedding,etc don't want the hassle of moving. I wonder why I have a headache.

Lacy if the house is not on the market you might be missing a seller and when you are away you won't even have to clean the house. It only takes that one person looking to become your buyer. I know it is a headache and I don't blame you for not wanting to move until after the wedding but you could put that into your contract right?. You have nothing to lose by keeping it on the market. Just my opinion. I want you to sell.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:42 PM

959 posts, read 1,823,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Lacy if the house is not on the market you might be missing a seller and when you are away you won't even have to clean the house. It only takes that one person looking to become your buyer. I know it is a headache and I don't blame you for not wanting to move until after the wedding but you could put that into your contract right?. You have nothing to lose by keeping it on the market. Just my opinion. I want you to sell.

I would have to agree with you. I would keep it on the market and enjoy the fact that you can clean it once and possible have several people come though. You just never know.

This market is really picking up around here - I just got another showing tomorrow. That is 5 in one week. So Lacey, that means your area should be picking up really soon too. I would keep it on and see what happens. The worst case scenario is that nobody comes and you get to come home to a nice and clean home.

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate