Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 04:59 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times

Advertisements

You guys are cracking me up with your "have a pair" talk. LOL

Well, I got a call at 2:30 that the buyers wanted their 2nd showing at 5:00 tonight. So I rushed home and tried to tidy up a bit. They came but as far as I could tell were not here very long. So who knows but at least I got a second showing!! I was really surprised about these people because this is the agent that did not leave a card (not this time either) nor did it seem they were here for very long the first time. So to hear we made the top three surprised the heck out of me. I am hoping we get surprised by an offer too!

Kristine

Old 01-13-2009, 05:06 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
hammy, maybe that realtor is too cheap to leave a card!! haha, good luck, fingers crossed, i think you're next!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:00 PM

525 posts, read 1,298,378 times
AHHHHHHHHH I am so stressed out. We were supposed to close on Thursday, this morning I woke up thinking..t-minus 2 days until I will KNOW that this ordeal is over. At 3:00 this afternoon they say, we're pushing it back til the 21st. A week. The attorney already has the paperwork, my husband and I are signing our part tomorrow because we're going out of town. Something about the lender dragging their feet and not being ready. How can that happen? I am so terrified. Our house is half packed up in boxes, we have scheduled everything. My husband has told his clients here that he is moving, so if we have to stay, he may have to start all over with his business. I've told MY boss that I'm coming back, it would be such a huge mess if we didn't close. I wish I knew the specific reason why it was put off, but my realtor has tried to assure me that this is somewhat normal. Grr! Not that I've ever seen!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:46 PM

311 posts, read 915,993 times
Default hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

Get this thou, a house down the road from mine just listed. It is 10 acres less, 400sf less, no pool, barn ect. and they listed for 50k more than me! I just don't understand this whole mess...
Painter those folks will add to the pool of stagnant listings. I am to the point where when I go on a listing appointment, if they do not look at the 60 day comps (solds) in their area and go by the CURRENT prices, I turn the listing down. All it does is cost my company money to advertise homes that are not going to sell in the current situation. If they cant go with a current price, then best to NOT sell it now, wait for the market to return 3-4 more years down the road and THEN sell.

On a POSITIVE note, even though our unemployment rates continue to climb (over 12% now) we are getting some action from buyers who are finally getting OFF the fence. The rates being so low, they are starting to move. Hallelujah! I am writing a contract to buy a new villa on Thursday for one of my clients, listing her marital home and have been showing homes like crazy for 2 other clients, both first time buyers.

Hang in there Painter! Hows your showing feedback? Anything there thats glaring at you that you can take care of to make it show better?

Take care all and STAY INSIDE if you can, the cold the next 3 days is going to be BRUTAL. Me? I am showing houses tomorrow morning...BRRRRR

Old 01-13-2009, 07:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Hey campers..just sitting here waiting for Idol to start...I don' watch a ton of shows, but I do like Idol and DWTS. Guess because it's easy breezy kind of stuff...

Had leftover spaghetti for dinner, hubby is having cereal..not feeling good the last couple days so didnt cook. My poor hubby. A domestic goddess I am NOT.

We leave for SAC on Thursday morning so tomorrow need to wash and pack up..we can always do laundry there so I am not gonna kill myself..its about a 12 hour drive from here...All I know is I want to go through Redding around dinner time so we can stop at In n out burger there, I am having withdrawals. Hoping the weather cooperates we are taking my car, not the jeep but looks clear...and I hope I see some sun.

Will be doing some househunting. I got kind of panicky today. I just have the feeling we can't really afford to buy yet. I am still trying to pay off these credit card bills, our down payment has dwindled a little. But interest rates are down. Are they going to go down more? Are houses going to keep dropping in price? We are going out with our agent looking so i guess if DH and I find the 'perfect' place we will deal with it then. We are pretty squeezed here, but all we have is space rent of 250 a month, plus utilities. And we pay about 200 a month for our storage. at the minimum with our price range and down payment, our house payment will be around 700 including taxes. I know that sounds so low, but we don't have a ton of income coming in. About 3600 a month now from DH retirement, social security disability and my little school retirement. What do you all think?
I guess I am just scared of getting in the same boat as we were. but we don't want to miss the boat with interest rates or prices. I need that darn crystal ball.

Jobs are scarce down there, like everywhere else. When we lived down there before, for that year in 2004-2005, I had the BEST job. I was the library clerk at a junior high in Granite Bay. It was an awesome school, awesome staff, 6 hours a day so i had benefits. but i had to quit when we moved to utah. I will never find a job like that again, but i should start looking i guess. Maybe i can go to work at Starbucks..I wouldnt mind doing something lilke that part time. I dunno. I really dont want to do retail, did that when i was young, hated it then. I am a school person.

Well, done venting for now..guess I am just a little scared we will find something! later campers I am so glad you are my friends...

oh I have to tell you, my sister made me a smilebox photo collage and it made me cry, wish i could figure out how to post it, maybe i can. It was soo sweet, she and i were estranged for many years and the last couple we have been having fun..she lives in snowy IL..if anyone wants to see it let me know and I will email it to you..really touched me

Old 01-13-2009, 07:21 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
AHHHHHHHHH I am so stressed out. We were supposed to close on Thursday, this morning I woke up thinking..t-minus 2 days until I will KNOW that this ordeal is over. At 3:00 this afternoon they say, we're pushing it back til the 21st. A week. The attorney already has the paperwork, my husband and I are signing our part tomorrow because we're going out of town. Something about the lender dragging their feet and not being ready. How can that happen? I am so terrified. Our house is half packed up in boxes, we have scheduled everything. My husband has told his clients here that he is moving, so if we have to stay, he may have to start all over with his business. I've told MY boss that I'm coming back, it would be such a huge mess if we didn't close. I wish I knew the specific reason why it was put off, but my realtor has tried to assure me that this is somewhat normal. Grr! Not that I've ever seen!

Don't stress with interest rates going down everyone is running to the bank or mortgage co to refi. They are really busy. Why not call your loan agent and ask whats the hold up?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:41 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Hey Jody, How you doing? Am glad to hear things are picking up for you there. My agent has been real busy this past week too, do I dare say maybe things are changing? What few showings I have had all had great feed back, and all but one the agents said they expected offers. I am out in the boonies and that seem to be the biggest problem, 30 min drive to anything popular such as good shopping or jobs.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Dogmom, Have fun with it, and follow your gut! I sure do not plan on looking at the high end of my affordibility, to me the cheaper the better. I do not want to wait till I am 80 to pay off a house.

boo, I too would try real hard to find out what the hang up is. But Lorriem is right the banks seem to be backed up with trying to do the refi stuff now. Now would be a good time for a glass of your favorite drink and to deep breath! It will all work out.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:06 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Hammy! see they don't always leave a card fingers and various other parts crossed for you! I wonder these days, DO agents even ask the buyer agents, "okay what will it take to get your people in this house?!" lemme have a little of that car salesman chitter chatter!

Hi Jody! hey , glad to see you are getting busy...even with it Cold! brrr, stay warm and safe

Boocake- Take a deep breath! It will be okay. Most likely their company is busy . I think it is a good sign that you are going ahead and signing your end of the papers. I can't imagine them doing that if it wasn't going thru. Go on the FL and have fun!

Dogmom, now here you go wanting to move again! Don't forget to pack you some knee pads in case you feel the urge to smell grass! not to be nosy, but have y'all been 'approved' for a loan?? So you know your limits??
( hey I worked in a county library before...and an independent college bookstore. I love books

Hey Lacey, at least those pioneers weren't always having to run to the dayum store for milk, etc. If it wasn't in the root cellar, barn or field, tough noogies!! And can you imagine our kids getting excited over a peppermint stick or an orange in their Christmas stocking???

I asked hubby specifically if he had any requests from the store Monday. NO, but tonight he DID. Urgh- like a good wifey, i went to the store.
now I need to make a new list of all that's in the pantry and freezer. So I can pretend to have it together & plan meals with what's on hand!! haha I have a list of meats in the freezer but I keep forgeting to craoss stuff of as I use it. Real einstein here.

Hey to everyone!! HDl where you hiding these days? Roth, you make it back to SC?

Mawoods, millie, stringbean, you guys still out there?

hark the kitchen beckoneth- can send a man to the moon but no self cleaning kitchens! I thought for sure we would be living like the Jetsons by now!!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Well ladies....the market seems to be picking up and I am hoping this passes onto all of you. I have yet ANOTHER showing today from 2-4. Different people. That makes 4 showings in a week. We have NEVER had 4 showings in one week. I am crossing my fingers for everyone here that things pick up for you too. This is great news for the market!

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate