Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 10:39 AM

22 posts, read 86,921 times

Advertisements

Hi, I think this is the right place for me as I sit here slowly freaking out about getting my house on the market this month. We have been working on getting the house ready for over a year. Thought we would list last June but had to delay due to job issues. Now we really, really ready.

We're in MA, moving to CO (Denver-Boulder area, I grew up in Ft Collins and most of my family is still in CO). I have 4 young kiddos, so I am STRESSED about how to keep the house clean and organized for showings. I have decluttered 10x over, bought baskets and bins, organized and reorganized but my anxiety is mounting. This whole process is CRAZY.

Of course I am also worried about not being able to sell. Story of everybody's life, I know. We meet with our agent on Thurs to go over the CMA. I know the price will be lower than last summer, but I'm not sure my husband has come to emotional grips with that.

Well, I feel a little bit better knowing I am far from alone in my anxiety and craziness. Thanks all for being here!

-Kate

Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allykat623 View Post
Hi, I think this is the right place for me as I sit here slowly freaking out about getting my house on the market this month. We have been working on getting the house ready for over a year. Thought we would list last June but had to delay due to job issues. Now we really, really ready.

We're in MA, moving to CO (Denver-Boulder area, I grew up in Ft Collins and most of my family is still in CO). I have 4 young kiddos, so I am STRESSED about how to keep the house clean and organized for showings. I have decluttered 10x over, bought baskets and bins, organized and reorganized but my anxiety is mounting. This whole process is CRAZY.

Of course I am also worried about not being able to sell. Story of everybody's life, I know. We meet with our agent on Thurs to go over the CMA. I know the price will be lower than last summer, but I'm not sure my husband has come to emotional grips with that.

Well, I feel a little bit better knowing I am far from alone in my anxiety and craziness. Thanks all for being here!

-Kate
Kate,

Welcome to the group! This is the PERFECT place for you to be. We will all be here for your through the ups and downs of everything.

Kristine

Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Hammy, That is to funny! Have to ask where he could of come up with it being expensive, lol?? So hope they bring a pen to sign the contract this week, best of luck.
Ladies it is time for some good news, Spring is coming even though some of you probably don't remember what that is!
As always NOTHING going on here with my house, it has just been soooo lonnnggg since anyone called on it. And I cant really blame the weather. Now the little house, there has been 4 calls this week so far. They all want us to finance it though, and it is not listed that way, also alot of folks wanting to rent it. Guess rentals are getting hard to come by if they are now calling on MLS houses and asking to rent. Who would of thunk it?

Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Hi there Kate, And a bigggggg welcome! We are in need of new member, the dues are all inclusive to vent, rant, laugh or cry, lots of free advise, opinions and all the daily ins and outs. We have become a pretty close bunch of folks over the months that have passed. We are all here for the hand holding in the RE barren land, barren of buyers that is. So get comfy and type away!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:55 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Quote:

-Kate
Hi Kate, welcome, like Kristine said, you are in the PERFECT place..now, take a deep breath, and b-r-e-a-t-h-e... All you can do is one day at a time.
You'll find that you get in a kind of routine with cleaning...we usually got plenty of notice that someone was coming to look sometimes the night before even, so that gave us time to pick up and clean...we don't have little ones anymore, but we had DOGS and they are worse than my boys were ever I think. I tried to do a deep clean of the bathrooms once a week, and before a showing just went over everything with those clorox wipes. Quick clean of mirrors and windows where little prints might be, in our case it was nose prints, lol. I would also suggest packing up everything that is not essential. Kids toys they aren't using, books, whatever you can to declutter but it sounds like you have done a good job already. This is to basically make your lilfe easier.

First impressions are important so we tried to keep the front yard and courtyard clean...hosing down every day, that sort of thing..didn't take much time.

I'm sure those with kids will have better ideas but just tossing some out that I remember..

Anyway, just keep posting and reading, we do have a lot of laughs and at times we cry but all in all I don't think any of us here would have survived or are surviving without this wonderful group. Where is CrazyMa???? She'll be posting on here soon I am sure..

Welcome to camp!
Barb

Old 01-13-2009, 11:50 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
yes dogmom, I am here Just trying to regroup after my cleaning binge ha HAHA I misread what you said to Ally- thoguht you said toss out some of the kids!!!

Hammy that was funny!! those armpit things. Did you tell them they were ta-ta's, twins, the girls, cha-cha's, hooters, melons, handwarmers...WAIT he is only 2 oops LOL

Well allykat a BIG WELCOME.Glad you strolled on into Camp! You just come on in any time you need a lift, laugh or need to rant or rave. We are here for you
You can do it , yes you can!!
Some thoughts for you-
Tell hubby that as hard as it is, he needs to emotionally distance hisself from a price. Your goal is to get it sold and move and get on with your life. YES, it is nice to make a little ka-ching and hopefully not go to closing woing money on the payoff. Just set a realistic price according to the info your agent should have gathered. look at the most recent sales and see how yours stack up.
NO kids here, but may I suggest some underbed storage, if ya can get it under there. They make some that kinda rolls, with a middle hinged lid. Then if you have a quick call for a showing you can toss stuff in there and slide it outta site. Have a couple of laundry baskets one that can be hidden away, or put in your car, to pick up last second things. And one to put stuff in regularly to be put away-especailly if it needs to go upstairs, ao you won't have to make a zillion trips up & down.
You might consider everyone taking their shoes off as they come in- have a baket to neatly keep them in...
Just relax! You probably have a home that families will be looking at. If they can't be understanding of the fact YOU have kids and it isn't gonna be a pristine castle from Architectural Digest, then phooey on them!

How is everyone!? Stick your head in and say hey! No word from Judy, I am sorry to report. I really hope she is okay.
and wonder if Raising got settled...
okay off to get somethign done, like polish hubby's shoes...good little wife that i am, not. haha

Old 01-13-2009, 11:56 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:

-Kate

Welcome AllyKat this group is the right place to be. You can vent, laugh and just be yourself.Some of us have sold, some are selling and others are buying. We all give each other support
Lorrie

Old 01-13-2009, 11:57 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hammy, That is to funny! Have to ask where he could of come up with it being expensive, lol?? So hope they bring a pen to sign the contract this week, best of luck.
I have no idea! I swear I don't let the boy watch Nip Tuck or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi Kate, welcome, like Kristine said, you are in the PERFECT place..now, take a deep breath, and b-r-e-a-t-h-e... All you can do is one day at a time.
You'll find that you get in a kind of routine with cleaning...we usually got plenty of notice that someone was coming to look sometimes the night before even, so that gave us time to pick up and clean...we don't have little ones anymore, but we had DOGS and they are worse than my boys were ever I think. I tried to do a deep clean of the bathrooms once a week, and before a showing just went over everything with those clorox wipes. Quick clean of mirrors and windows where little prints might be, in our case it was nose prints, lol. I would also suggest packing up everything that is not essential. Kids toys they aren't using, books, whatever you can to declutter but it sounds like you have done a good job already. This is to basically make your lilfe easier.

First impressions are important so we tried to keep the front yard and courtyard clean...hosing down every day, that sort of thing..didn't take much time.

I'm sure those with kids will have better ideas but just tossing some out that I remember..

Anyway, just keep posting and reading, we do have a lot of laughs and at times we cry but all in all I don't think any of us here would have survived or are surviving without this wonderful group. Where is CrazyMa???? She'll be posting on here soon I am sure..

Welcome to camp!
Barb
Great advice Barb. And those nose marks....my gosh it is like they run around with glue on their noses! That stuff is 100X harder to take off then finger prints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
yes dogmom, I am here Just trying to regroup after my cleaning binge ha HAHA I misread what you said to Ally- thoguht you said toss out some of the kids!!!

Hammy that was funny!! those armpit things. Did you tell them they were ta-ta's, twins, the girls, cha-cha's, hooters, melons, handwarmers...WAIT he is only 2 oops LOL
Oh no way - he will be 5 next month! Last time he talked about them he called them "hump backs". LOL!!!

This kid comes up the the strangest things. He tells people he has two daddy's one that lives here and another who lives in Mexico. Not sure where he got that at all. But when at Epcot riding the Mexico ride, he screams out "my daddy lives here!!!".

Kristine

Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Oh Hammy-It is beyond cold. It was 23 below with wind chill of 43 below. Thankfully we don't have to go out-benefit of retirement. More snow this afternoon but just think Monday we're to get to 32!

NJS-no I'm about 130 miles west of Hammy-closer to Fargo,ND.

Oops welcome Kate and take one day at a time!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
AllyKat since I call my graddaughter Allykat at time I seem to remember you several months ago on the San Jose Board. We lived near there for 25 years and sil family lives in San Jose so I visit that board a lot.
Lorrie

Last edited by lorriem; 01-13-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate