Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 11:11 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times

Advertisements

Weighing in my fellow campers...been on the market 18 days. Open house brought in 8 couples with one seeming very interested, stating our property the "best" they've seen. They've been looking a long time though, but I hear they finally went to the bank...now if they decide to actually buy?? I'm wondering if a few others were lookie-loos from the hood.

We've gotten nothing but positive comments, from the photographer, to the agents at brokers open, and the open house that our home shows very well.

Then I got a call for an agent preview which I accepted. We are in cold country too, with frigid temps currently. My agent told me to stay home and just let the agent in. Good thing I did, as she stated she was just looking us over, as a potetial client in our neighborhood wants to list in the spring and check out the competition. Does that not seem a tad rude???

Stay warm everyone and blessings!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,076 times
Warm NC will have a high of 4-6 degrees tonight and tomorrow am. We were in the high 30's this morning and temps are dropping fast. Lacy and hammy that must sound warm to you but to me it might as well be 0. Lacy I cannot fathom -50. Hope this helps.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Welcome ILoveBDJ-for you that's cold.

Hammy warmer by you for sure, we're at 48 below. Thanx Lorrie-it's not fit for anyone or thing.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:41 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Warm NC will have a high of 4-6 degrees tonight and tomorrow am. We were in the high 30's this morning and temps are dropping fast. Lacy and hammy that must sound warm to you but to me it might as well be 0. Lacy I cannot fathom -50. Hope this helps.

OMG - the fire is like heaven! I think I am going to just leave that up on my computer and gaze at it! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Welcome ILoveBDJ-for you that's cold.

Hammy warmer by you for sure, we're at 48 below. Thanx Lorrie-it's not fit for anyone or thing.
Good god Lacey - hope you have lots and lots of blankets to keep you warm!

Kristine

Old 01-15-2009, 11:43 AM

Hammy thank God our house is so well insulated and well built it's toasty.

Alaska is 96 deg warmer right now-go figure.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
[quote=gold*dust1;7008586 Then I got a call for an agent preview which I accepted. We are in cold country too, with frigid temps currently. My agent told me to stay home and just let the agent in. Good thing I did, as she stated she was just looking us over, as a potetial client in our neighborhood wants to list in the spring and check out the competition. Does that not seem a tad rude??? [/QUOTE]

Not just a tad rude...very rude!!

Gosh Lacey--I don't know how you stand it there when it get's that cold! I couldn't do it.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,019 times
Lacey and Hammy, That's Scarey cold.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 PM

For sure it is.

Our agent just called and wanted to tell us the people who were going to look during the holidays have changed their plans. He's a doctor was transderring from eastern MN to here for a position. They had 3 CMS's done-paid $425,000 for their home and CMA's all came in at $280,000-needless to day they are not moving.

In our price range in our town 12 homes sold last year!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:59 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,181,791 times
golddust-Wow good open...yes you will get a lot of lookie loos, but ya never know who they know that is looking!
I despise agents coming in to check a place out under the guise of 'previewing'. I think it is rude. What they should say is flat out, cut th BS, I would like to see the property please for comparison purposes. That is up front, you don't go nuts getting it show ready, and you can politely refuse, if so inclined........ and tell'em to see it with a buyer client!!!
To me , a real preview is one where the agent is checking out homes that they think a client will like, that is maybe coming in from out of town or has limited time to view properties. I remember one we had, She was very nice, told me to hang around, then the agent actually was on the phone walking thru the house talking about it, as the client was looking at the walk thru video online. The client DID wind up coming in person...at least.

BRRR baby it is cold outside! I just can't conceive how people where it is so frigidly cold can manage going to work and school! I probably could if I had a chauffeur or a Tank!

I tell ya what , if it is that cold, I wouldn't leave my house('specially with the dog), I don't give a rat's hiney what the buyer would think! course I'd know enough to stay outta sight and the dog on a shortleash with me.......they no like, me no care, phooey

Old 01-15-2009, 01:16 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
golddust-Wow good open...yes you will get a lot of lookie loos, but ya never know who they know that is looking!
I despise agents coming in to check a place out under the guise of 'previewing'. I think it is rude. What they should say is flat out, cut th BS, I would like to see the property please for comparison purposes. That is up front, you don't go nuts getting it show ready, and you can politely refuse, if so inclined........ and tell'em to see it with a buyer client!!!
To me , a real preview is one where the agent is checking out homes that they think a client will like, that is maybe coming in from out of town or has limited time to view properties. I remember one we had, She was very nice, told me to hang around, then the agent actually was on the phone walking thru the house talking about it, as the client was looking at the walk thru video online. The client DID wind up coming in person...at least.

BRRR baby it is cold outside! I just can't conceive how people where it is so frigidly cold can manage going to work and school! I probably could if I had a chauffeur or a Tank!

I tell ya what , if it is that cold, I wouldn't leave my house('specially with the dog), I don't give a rat's hiney what the buyer would think! course I'd know enough to stay outta sight and the dog on a shortleash with me.......they no like, me no care, phooey
LOL agreed! It was strange, but how would I know they didn't have a buyer in mind when they call the showing line for a preview? Just glad my agent told me to stay right there with my dogs. I think I might just stay put for anything identified as a preview showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate