Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 10:28 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Wow NJSocks-best of luck.

Phone just rang and ours cancelled. They predicted 2 to 4" and it's now a foot. Hopefully they'll reschedule as they are not from this area.
Rats!

Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Thanks, Jodi. I'm in NE Ohio..Medina Co. (kind of rural)and NOTHING is moving around here. My agent sends me daily reports of hits and sales, etc.
On the bright side...I am not inconvenienced by lookers, casual or otherwise, AT ALL. Ha Ha.
I used to live in Medina. From mid '88 to late '90.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:22 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Okay Lacey, I answered you prior to reading the threads. I am sure that once the roads are cleared AGAIN that they will be back.

Just talked to my agent, no hits or calls, but my listing expires today and I extended to the end of January. He said the only calls he got over the past 3 days were from people wanting to sell, no buyers. So now he has added 4 listings to the already stagnant ones. Get this thou, a house down the road from mine just listed. It is 10 acres less, 400sf less, no pool, barn ect. and they listed for 50k more than me! I just don't understand this whole mess...

Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Lacey! Darn it ...well I don't blame them for wanting to get out in bad weather, 'specially if they aren't used to being in it. Hope they will call and come ASAP!!

Busy around here, trying to finish hat and other unfinished bizzyness. I start things and never quite finish. My new years resolution is probably going to be to FINISH stuff I started!
Among the lose weight, eat healthier and GET on a real schedule ones... this flying by the seat of my pants has got to end and I need to be more disciplined. LOL
We shall see....

I looked on Realtor.com, same old houses for sale around here and no new ones. If we DO decide to list again, at least ours will be a jewel for this neighborhood, as far as location and condition of house. Even though he is working ...and job seems stable, I sitll wodln't mind going to a reantl, or even downsizing. No matter the market, I don't think we will ever 'make' anything if we sell. Thanks to the foreclosures right around here and those getting out fast because they over extended themselves.

Y'all hang tight, I gota inspect the pantry and see whats available to nosh on ......

Old 12-30-2008, 07:44 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Shopped at Trader Joe's for appetizers tonite. Yummy!!!!

I am going to eat like a pig and then diet Jan. 2nd....lol.......No use tryin now!!

Lacey! Sorry to hear about your buyers.....hopefully soon!!

Happy New Year to everyone else..

Maybe we should start a diet club on the side lol --anyone interested??

Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 PM

NJ Count me in..we support each other in everything else..why not health and diet??

Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Default Some welcome home we got.

We got home late last night and slept until 9 am ( no dogs). Hubby then went up to get the mail and we got something in the mail reducing our credit limit on a credit card from $32,000 to $5,000.We thought first identity theft and got our credit reports on line. All was in the high $700's. This US air credit card from Barclays bank said they got a report from Trans union credit services that said we had serious Delinquency problems. After getting the credit reports we called them back and said tell us why you reduced our credit limit when right in front of us we have the credit reports showing excellent credit. They said they were always right and then Gary asked to speak to a manager. Same story so we are going to protest it tomorrow. I went on line and Barclay bank has been doing that to quite a few people. Great welcome home.
We didn't get to pick up the dogs until 3:30 . When we get this all settled we will cancel that card since we very rarely use it and who needs a $32,000 limit. It is the lies.
Anyway I wanted you to know we got home safely and I now have a B of a headache. I am so pissed.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Maybe we should start a diet club on the side lol --anyone interested??
Count me in!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
NJ Count me in..we support each other in everything else..why not health and diet??

I hope I am not left out I don't have to lose weight since I got that down pat maybe 20 years ago I could help. One thing everyone has to remember lose it slowly or you gain double back.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 PM

Hey Lorrie! I would be ticked too...i wouldn't cancel the card until THEY get your record straightened out and it wouldn't hurt to get a letter from them stating it was their mistake, just for future reference. I am almost afraid to get our credit report...we have not been delinquent, we just owed a lot of money for a while, which reduced our creditworthyness..Is that a word. Hopefully when we get going with this mortgage we are looking better. Still working at paying off a couple of the credit cards...we got in so much trouble down in Utah..well, I am still not recovered I guess...we always had such excellent credit..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate